+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Default How do you cope?

How do you cope or what do you do when you're having one of those days where you just don't want to be a mummy for a day? I'm so, so bone tired. I don't have anyone I can call for help or to mind DS and DP works minimum 12 hours a day and isn't in any condition to do much for DS besides a bit of a cuddle before bed, that's if DP even makes it home before bed time, so I just have to suck it up. So does anyone have any tips for surviving these days? My DS is 9 months old.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have those days as well... nothing gets done, no cleaning or washing or any other job I generally do through out the day... its look after the baby and sit in the couch all day long!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DizzyDaisy For This Useful Post:

Clyon  (20-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's hard at that age. I used to find that I coped better if I just got out of the house. I used to go to the shops, give DS some afternoon tea and just sit on my phone with a hot chocolate. I'd just try to zone out for 10 minutes and would find that the different environment would normally keep DS amused for long enough to achieve that.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Amber4304 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi heavenblue. I would just do what absolutely needs to be done. wash nappies, ( im from the dark ages remember) fix something for dinner, and that's about it. quick sandwich for lunch, and sit down and rest while the baby is not needing your attention. if any unexpected visitors come by, hand them a broom or a dish cloth and let them go for it. hugs, marie.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (21-01-2015),HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I am having one of those days today too -my kids are eating packaged food and fruit like grapes and blueberries that require no preparation, we're all still in our pj's and the house is a bit of a mess.

Either that or I try to pick myself up and dust myself off - have a shower, blast some loud fun music, do some dancing have some fruit and pep myself up a bit. 90% of the time it works, I find getting active helps me a lot.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I just have no umphf. If DS was a bit older I could take him to the park and let him run around etc but at this point he isn't even crawling properly so he needs me for ev-ry-thing. I just don't know how to cut corners when they are so reliant on you. Guess I'm just having a moan and seeing if there wasn't a lazy way out that I hadn't considered. Thanks everyone!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I always get out of the house.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I always get out of the house.
    ^^ this

My DS is 7 months old and I make a point of getting out of the house at least once a day. Can be anything for going to the gym (I put DS in the gym crèche for an hour), going for a walk with the pram or if it is too hot a wander round the local shopping centre under the air con. Helps break up the day and gives me a bit more energy.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know how you feel....currently going through a similar low point, my dd is 8 months, hubby does next to nothing(to be fair he is working hard ) I feel resentful as I have no family here to help and I just want to be alone for a few hours!!!!! I love my daughter as I'm sure you love your son but sometimes you just need time out. I don't really have much suggestions like today we did go out and she's so over tired she will not sleep so it almost feels one step forwards 2 steps back!!! I'm assuming as u say ,once they are more mobile and u can take them to the park etc it may be more fun??? I find the weather(when it's so bloody hot) Dosent help either as I can't even go out for a walk on those days!!! Your not alone 😊

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sweeetie For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you cope?

If I could I'd get out of the house, even just for a walk. Otherwise music usually picks me up and gets me moving and if not it's just a couch/do the bare minimum day.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

HeavenBlue  (20-01-2015)