+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Even staff cop it in thier first year on the job. On average the first year is the worst so i would focus on lots of healthy food and plently of sleep while thier immune systems adjust. Its rough.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    First year of daycare for us was constant illness, constantly needing days off work. Once that year was up, he was barely sick.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My daughter got EVERYTHING when she first started daycare, for about the first 9-10 months. There was a period there where it was rare for her to attend both days each week! Now, touch wood, she hadn't been sick for a while. I think unless you witness unhygienic behaviour or the centre looks dirty, changing centres probably won't make a difference.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My gp told me that they get an average of one thing per month with a duration of 2 weeks but that reduces by half once they turn 2.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    First year off nearly every week. Second year only got us in November for hand foot mouth

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS started daycare at about 9 months, and was sick every week for about 6 months. I ended up so run down that I was constantly sick as well. I missed so much work, and it was just not sustainable. After DS was hospitalised for the 3rd time I decided that I had to pull him out of daycare. I got family to look after him while I worked for about 2 months, so that we could both recover. He's been back in daycare for 2 months and hasn't been sick from daycare at all (so far!). Not sure whether it's because the time off gave his immune system to recover and rebuild..? A friend did the same with her DS and he hasn't been sick as much either.