+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    [QUOTE=delirium;8066593]

That poor kid is going to be known for having a nutcase mother who invoices people for his party and is so spiteful she'd rather spend 4 times the cost of the 15 to take it to court.

QUOTE]

I'd love to do this! Both my kids are winter babies, worse still Tassie winter babies. So we always have to fork out for some kind on party place. I used to host at home but it's crazzzzy with school ages kids and I hate the chaos being contained to indoors!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I will admit I have rsvp'ed that we were coming and not showed twice with no contact.

The first time there was 6 weeks between the invite and the party and I just plain forgot. My preggo brain was in full force.

The second time I was in the er. It really wasn't even in my thoughts.

It guest rsvping and not turning up happens at almost every event. It's happened to me probably 45 times ( over the 68 of my kids parties) It's annoying but Seriously life happens. Missing one party is not freaking life or death.

This parent has set this kid up for a horrid time. No one will ever want to go to his parties or even a play date with him ever again.
    Last edited by LoveLivesHere; 20-01-2015 at 10:08.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

waterlily  (20-01-2015)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It's incredibly rude not to RSVP or to RSVP yes and then not turn up.
    But... Retaliatory rudeness is not cool. This is not only rude but cray cray and her poor kids will be lucky if anyone comes to their parties from now on!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    What is more annoying is when you invite one child and the parents turn up with the whole family without asking and you don't have enough lolly bags etc.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

DT75  (20-01-2015),FrothyFrog  (20-01-2015),SuperGranny  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Wow, taking it a bit far. We just don't invite the no shows (the ones who dont let us know I mean) the next time. Especially if it's happened more than once and it's a pay venue.

We've been lucky with parties- wherever the kids want to go get you to make a deposit, and pay the rest later. So you only pay for who turns up anyway. Sometimes there's a "booked for X amount" fee, but it's never more than $20.

One kids in DSS' class has not turned up to the first 5 parties we threw (after rsvp yes, and the parent saying they would stay too- so pay for kid and adult) so we didn't invite him to the last one. His parents complained, and we said it was a numbers issue. DSS didn't want him there anyway.

How hard is it to let someone know you can't attend...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DT75 View Post
    One kids in DSS' class has not turned up to the first 5 parties we threw (after rsvp yes, and the parent saying they would stay too- so pay for kid and adult) so we didn't invite him to the last one. His parents complained, and we said it was a numbers issue. DSS didn't want him there anyway.
    What a nerve they had to complain they weren't invited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    What a nerve they had to complain they weren't invited!
    Yeah, I know. I was pretty gobsmacked. I feel sorry for their two kids though. As they rarely get pary invited from their class because of this! (Boy and girl, boy in DSS' class and girl in DSDs class).
    But I'm still with the other parents, I'm not paying for someone I know won't come.
    They never ever have given a reason, even after parents casually say, "Oh I didnt see X/Y at the party, did I miss you?" "No, we didn't come" and that's that.

DSD wants to go to a certain play centre for her birthday (Feb) and we would need to organise transport their and back (her friends parents don't drive and neither do we). All fine. Invites will be sent out first week of school, very clear that need to RSVP for a seat by Feb 10th (gives 2 weeks to let us know). We will book after we get the numbers. No rsvp, no party.

Sounds harsh, but we can't pay for those we don't know are coming.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to DT75 For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    What is more annoying is when you invite one child and the parents turn up with the whole family without asking and you don't have enough lolly bags etc.
    That is a huge pet peeve of mine! At DS1's 5th birthday I was 36 weeks pregnant with DS3 and one of the mums turned up with 3 extra kids! Not only was I unprepared for 3 extras but one of them also chucked a tantrum at me cos his lolly bag had someone else's name on it (of a kid who didn't show because he was sick). So freaking rude.

Sometimes I have DS2 and DS3 in toe but I always ask the parents first and keep them separate from the party so they don't need to be included in stuff etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    At DDs first school party we had this year we invited the whole class and had an extra 12 siblings come too! Only 2 actually told me they were bringing siblings.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's pretty rude to not show up to a party when you know the just is paying on a per child basis, like with something like a ski centre etc... But I don't think is invoice, that's a little extreme. I would be expecting some kind of apology though. I don't think that's unreasonable. In terms of people bringing along other kids/siblings, they should really call first to check/let the host know, else you may end up with blimmin hundreds of kids there :0