+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default No Show Fee for Kids Party?

I saw this online today and was a bit amused by it.

Got me thinking, yes it's rude to do a no show but is the reaction if the birthday boys parents a bit over the top?!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...CED-15-95.html

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What a fruit loop. I once had a party for dd and only 1 of the kids invited showed up, I had to foot the bill for those who didn't but in the end it was for her and that's what mattered, that woman needs to just drop it

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No one will be rsvp'ing to her kids parties in future. You get appendicitis at the 11th hour and end up in small claims court.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think she'd have a leg to stand on in court...
    I doubt the mother of the kid who didn't attend signed the invite she claims to have not received, to say she understood and agrees too the terms

Sounds like the party throwing mother is a nutcase and embaressing and alienating her son whole trying to punish another small boy, all over what should've been seen as an expected cost as kids are bound to not show up. It's really none of her business why they didn't.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampstorso For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (20-01-2015),KitiK  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it's incredibly rude to do what the invitee has done. I would be really miffed if I was the host.

But to invoice them? Crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If I was the host, I'd be a bit bummed about the no show. But that's where it would end. At best I'd rethink inviting said child to a paid event in future due to the parents unreliability.

The invoice is lame. I also think the attitude of the parents who's child was a no-show is a bit off.

All round, a bunch of egg heads. Save the stress for the big issues in life!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be annoyed that they didn't show, but I wouldn't invoice them for the cost of their child.

The mother said she couldn't get in touch with the host but did manage to Facebook her after the invoicing fiasco, so she could have at least sent a Facebook msg advising their child wouldn't be attending anymore. All in all, I'd let it go if it were me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My kids are school aged so yep we've had our fair share of no shows, but seriously, the whole party thing is getting ridiculous. There was never an agreement no shows had to pay or those attending for that matter. I miss the days of running around the backyard at a kid's party eating party pies and blowing bubbles. It's now become so stupid with OTT parties.

That poor kid is going to be known for having a nutcase mother who invoices people for his party and is so spiteful she'd rather spend 4 times the cost of the 15 to take it to court.

The world has gone mad.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (20-01-2015),HillDweller  (20-01-2015),MissMuppet  (20-01-2015),peanutmonkey  (20-01-2015),Pumpkin1106  (20-01-2015),SuperGranny  (20-01-2015),waterlily  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I miss the days of running around the backyard at a kid's party eating party pies and blowing bubbles. It's now become so stupid with OTT parties.
    This is what we did for DS1's first ever birthday party back in August.
    He was 6.
    The kids LOVED it.

As for the article, that was way over the top.
    My bug bear with party invites is that people think they only have to respond if they aren't coming.
    No, please respond yes or no.
    It's only courteous to give the host an idea of numbers for catering etc etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Seriously who does that to their child!?!? That poor kid will likely be alienated now. How embarrassing.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-01-2015)