+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    See, I'm a London girl born and bred. And that's not my experience at all.. Driving standard are pretty high in the UK and think you've just been unlucky with this one. it's certainly not culturally acceptable to bump someone's car and drive off. People do it of course, but most people would go mad if they saw it!
    Good to know! But what do I actually do about it? Call the non-emergency number and report? I get that accidents happen but this is obviously something he regularly does and has no qualms doing it. His bumpers are a mess and I'd prefer ours not to look like his!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Did you say you are in the UK? If so, I think it's pretty standard over there. I lived in London for 3 months and I have run out of finger and toes with the amount of people I saw 'bump' other people's cars to get out of spots. I stood absolutely dumbfounded the first time I saw it but didn't bat an eyelid by the end of my stay..... Apparently over there, that IS what bumpers are for :-/
    Def the case in France. I told the story to my french pals they ALL shrugged and say that's what bumpers were for while my 2 Aussies girlfriends were mortified 😳

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcuseMyFrench View Post
    Def the case in France. I told the story to my french pals they ALL shrugged and say that's what bumpers were for while my 2 Aussies girlfriends were mortified 😳
    I get that attitude to an extent but at the same time I guarantee if our bumpers end up looking like his the resale value of our car will dramatically decrease!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    I get that attitude to an extent but at the same time I guarantee if our bumpers end up looking like his the resale value of our car will dramatically decrease!
    The friends I'm talking about all lived in Paris (included me) and I guess the attitude comes from the configuration of the city.
    So many cars so little space. You have to park very close to people in front of you to leave as much space for others.
    So it's also accepted that cars will use your bumpers to get in/out of parking spaces. However it's not full on hit to the bumpers. It's done very gently 😁

that's why Parisian cars are usually in pretty poor shapes though for Australian standards.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyBovine View Post
    I don't understand that at all. My ex IL's had someone "just" bump their bumper. It looked totally fine on the outside, just a small dent. However internally there was about $1k worth of damage.
    I had a woman reverse into my parked car in a car park and whilst there was no real obvious damage, clips that actually held the bumper on had been broken. The woman drove off and there were no independent witnesses so i had to foot the bill. Thankfully it was nowhere near $1k.. think it was a couple hundred from memory. But i think such instances are definitely worth reporting just in case there is unseen damage. You don't want to find out at a later date there is damage and have to pay for it yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default WWYD? Hitting a car and neighborly relations

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425032381.249875.jpg

You will find them- you will film them- you will have them charged.

This is such bs- I swear sometimes bub hub posts make me wonder what is wrong with people..

What someone else said about the golf club to their car reminded me of a scene from "The Big Lebowski" I'll try to link it if I can find it.

OP these people are a-holes- I would definitely leave a note on the car they hit telling them the address and that you'll be a witness- also get a camera ready and film next time- people like this never take responsibility for themselves when harming others property- actually can't believe the hide on that woman to turn it around like that!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KiWolf View Post
    Attachment 67782

You will find them- you will film them- you will have them charged.

This is such bs- I swear sometimes bub hub posts make me wonder what is wrong with people..

What someone else said about the golf club to their car reminded me of a scene from "The Big Lebowski" I'll try to link it if I can find it.

OP these people are a-holes- I would definitely leave a note on the car they hit telling them the address and that you'll be a witness- also get a camera ready and film next time- people like this never take responsibility for themselves when harming others property- actually can't believe the hide on that woman to turn it around like that!
    Bahahahahaha!!!! So true!

Just ran into one of our neighbors whose car has also been a victim. She said her husband actually mentioned last weekend about how annoyed another neighbor must be about this person always hitting their car! She said she'll ask him more about it and get back to us.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

KiWolf  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Lol.. Seriously..

Hit everyone's car and be a jerk about it: an idiots guide to creating your very own angry fire and pitchfork mob.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KiWolf For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (27-02-2015),Little Ted  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    another vote for C here hope you got it sorted

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    B on both accounts. Face-to-face is necessary when you get caught banging into someone else's car.