+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been involved in two minor incidents where insurance has been paid out and never had police involvement.

Personally if you're not following with damages I wouldn't leave a note, you both I'm assuming will be living there for sometime. Last thing you want or need is a neighbourhood dispute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default WWYD? Hitting a car and neighborly relations

Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    I've been involved in two minor incidents where insurance has been paid out and never had police involvement.

Personally if you're not following with damages I wouldn't leave a note, you both I'm assuming will be living there for sometime. Last thing you want or need is a neighbourhood dispute.
    Maybe it works differently here (UK) but the police told me that our insurance would just tell us to call them back with a report number. Maybe that's if we try to fix it on our own because the insurance would want to chase their insurance up?

Eta: also, I don't really care about arguing with them. We're renting and planning on moving back to Melbourne at some point so I doubt we'd be in this place longer than another year or two, especially when we have another baby. They didn't even know we were their neighbors so obviously pay no attention, don't think it'd be that big of a deal. But doubt I'd write anything anyway
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 22-01-2015 at 20:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Queen of Amazingtown View Post
    Or....do you still have any pooey pants you could stuff in their muffler?
    Not of my own. BUT!!! DH had gastro yesterday and DS poops five times a day. Sure I could come up with something!
    🔥💩📦🚪🏃

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Just thought I'd update that I've seen him do this to two other cars since ours! One this morning!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HollyGolightly81 View Post
    Just thought I'd update that I've seen him do this to two other cars since ours! One this morning!
    That is terrible!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Did you say you are in the UK? If so, I think it's pretty standard over there. I lived in London for 3 months and I have run out of finger and toes with the amount of people I saw 'bump' other people's cars to get out of spots. I stood absolutely dumbfounded the first time I saw it but didn't bat an eyelid by the end of my stay..... Apparently over there, that IS what bumpers are for :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Did you say you are in the UK? If so, I think it's pretty standard over there. I lived in London for 3 months and I have run out of finger and toes with the amount of people I saw 'bump' other people's cars to get out of spots. I stood absolutely dumbfounded the first time I saw it but didn't bat an eyelid by the end of my stay..... Apparently over there, that IS what bumpers are for :-/
    Yeah. I wondered that so I asked a British neighbor when I was shocked by their initial response and she was pretty mortified.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (27-02-2015)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1425029272.062672.jpg

Film him tomorrow morning and go report that shiz.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (27-02-2015),HollyGolightly81  (27-02-2015),Qwerty  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    See, I'm a London girl born and bred. And that's not my experience at all.. Driving standard are pretty high in the UK and think you've just been unlucky with this one. it's certainly not culturally acceptable to bump someone's car and drive off. People do it of course, but most people would go mad if they saw it!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (27-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Attachment 67779

Film him tomorrow morning and go report that shiz.
    I'm thinking about it! I tried the 2nd time because I could totally tell he was going to hit the car, he squeezes into the tiniest spots so he probably hits them when he parks as well, but my phone was out of storage! I'll try Monday morning. He seems to get home pretty late so would miss the coming home opportunity. Normal leaves that car all weekend and drives the family van.