+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Canberra mums- help please :)

Hi all

We are moving to Canberra in 2016 when my DD will be 3 and a half. I will need to put her into care 3 days a week for work reasons.

I have read about the preschool program run through the schools which sounds great for her for 2017. Due to most not having vacation care, though, it makes it difficult with work.

I would prefer not to move her after a year of childcare in 2016, so I guess my options are either to keep her in daycare to do the preschool program through them, or send her to an early learning centre that has child care on-site. I am looking at Southern Cross.

Any thoughts? Is there something I haven't thought of?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep I would do the daycare pre school program probably, as it's more consistent and can deliver the hours you need. I moved from Canberra 6 months ago and would have been doing that for my son there so I could work a full day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

gizmo  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I'm going to keep my two... and eventually three... at childcare and they can do the preschool program there. I considered preschool at the primary school they will attend but unfortunately it's off site so it would mean, at some point, three drop offs with #3 going to childcare, #2 going to preschool and #1 going to school. We love our centre and it will also be easier to have them in for the whole day rather than 9-3 or whatever preschool hours are.

Good luck for your move!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hamilicious For This Useful Post:

gizmo  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. I thought that might be the case. I find it a bit bizarre that schools offer pre school but no vacation care, but they do for the other grades.

Now to narrow down my list of possible centres, schools and suburbs to live in. Difficult when the only time I've been to Canberra is 2 nights back in 1997 !!

At least I've got a bit of time to think about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nipperville in watson has wrap around care preschool. So you get long day care from 6am, then they walk the preschoolers over to the primary school for preschool then back to long day for the end of the day. So only one drop off and pick up for working mums.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nica80 For This Useful Post:

gizmo  (22-01-2015)