+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Depends how bad it got. If it was just itchy I tried to ignore it but if I started to rash I'd take an allergy tablet.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Edameny89 View Post
    I had a really bad reaction to the new dettol profresh shower gel. It started out as just itching, but then I had a red angry rash all over my arms, but couldn't work out what it was. I did a process of elimination. It was the Profresh. Even stuff like 'clear' branded shampoo makes me itch. My mum only uses QV products due to her being allergic to almost ever product on the market.

When I was a kid also, I got very itchy after a shower because it was too hot.
    I'm so glad you posted this! I tried this and I ended up with a huge itchy rash, on my arms, my thighs everywhere!
    I had a rash on the "tuckshop" part of my arms which made no sense at all but I think this must be why!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Op definitely consider the heat of the water.
    When I was pregnant I was showering 2-3 times overnight as it was the only way to soothe and relax my restless legs so I could sleep.
    As a result, my skin became so dry and itchy it was awful.
    I lathered myself in cheap old vitamin e and it soothed it. But yeah - temp of water but also lots of showers did it to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Itchy after shower ???

Have you tried an oil cleanser? Such as QV baby bath oil? If it's the products then this may help. Also you could try the bicarb soda / apple cider vinegar hair wash method (you could google it). My shampoo and conditioner doesn't have SLS in it (QGX/Organix brand).
    You could try a cooler shower and also have you tried applying an aloe vera product after the shower?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Qrazelna View Post
    Have you tried an oil cleanser? Such as QV baby bath oil? If it's the products then this may help. Also you could try the bicarb soda / apple cider vinegar hair wash method (you could google it). My shampoo and conditioner doesn't have SLS in it (QGX/Organix brand).
    You could try a cooler shower and also have you tried applying an aloe vera product after the shower?
    I tried the bicarb/Apple cider trick over a month ago, and now my hair is falling out terribly. I don't know what is the cause, as I have 1 other thing it could be, however I will never do it again incase it's what has caused my massive hair loss to this day. I've had to see a dr about it because it's that bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing.
    DH gets this and describes it as feeling like something is crawling over his skin. Happens after showering, pools, being sweaty. He was worse when I used washingpowder so switched to liquid but not a consistent improvement.
    He sort of pats and drip dries as he can't rub his skin with a towel.