+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm in. We spend lots on groceries and having breakfast/ coffee while out and about, as well as big ticket items for the toddler and impending baby.

At the moment we're writing down everything we spend on the calendar and we're making a really conscious effort to 'run down' all the food in our fridge/ freezer/ pantry. DH has also (begrudgingly!) stopped buying coffees while out (never mind that we have an awesome machine at home) and I'm probably going to get rid of our cleaner (sob sob!). Also, we've agreed to stop using "it's for the child/ baby" as an excuse to justify buying stuff.

We just did a huge declutter and donated lots of stuff that we probably could have sold. I also have a feeling we'd be entitled to the child care rebate if we applied so I think one of our biggest money issues is laziness when it comes to that kind of thing... We're used to being DINKs and now our reality is very different...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I've been online and reviewed my health insurance. Made a few changes and I think we will save about $40 a month.

Next to think about the house insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    I'm in. We spend lots on groceries and having breakfast/ coffee while out and about, as well as big ticket items for the toddler and impending baby.

At the moment we're writing down everything we spend on the calendar and we're making a really conscious effort to 'run down' all the food in our fridge/ freezer/ pantry. DH has also (begrudgingly!) stopped buying coffees while out (never mind that we have an awesome machine at home) and I'm probably going to get rid of our cleaner (sob sob!). Also, we've agreed to stop using "it's for the child/ baby" as an excuse to justify buying stuff.

We just did a huge declutter and donated lots of stuff that we probably could have sold. I also have a feeling we'd be entitled to the child care rebate if we applied so I think one of our biggest money issues is laziness when it comes to that kind of thing... We're used to being DINKs and now our reality is very different...
    What's a DINK??

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

Monkey Joy  (29-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerFun View Post
    What's a DINK??
    Double Income No Kids

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (29-01-2015)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Theboys&me View Post
    I've started a little early. I had to buy meat for my boys and for some reason, as budget conscious as I like to be, I've never thought to buy the. Plain chicken drumsticks. I roared one rack with steamed veg tonight and both boys loved them. DS2 rarely eats meat so it was a nice frugal win

Tomorrow night I'm making ravioli and creamy tomato sauce from scratch as I have all the ingredients here. I've never made pasta before - I never buy it because I don't really like it myself but I'm sure the boys will like it.

I'm also planting more herbs on the weekend.
    All my kids love the drumsticks they get sad if I say we are having chicken breast hahaha

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Frugal February!!

Well today I went on a little shopping spree 😳😳 but only spent half of what I had in my purse so that's a win and put nothing on card !!!

And everything I bought was on sale or clearance and stuff I would use or need plus a few Bday presents put away :-) but now I'm doing one small garbage bag of stuff to take to the Salvation Army :-)
    Last edited by bunkx; 29-01-2015 at 16:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm trying to declutter and everything goes into piles - what can I BSS, what can go to vin it's and what can go to the tip. Hopefully BSS works for me! Ha ha

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frugal February!!

Day one!!!! Time to be tight a55es

I've been reading a website called frugal and thriving and there are some great articles on there.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 01-02-2015 at 07:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm in!