+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I am in. I am the queen of unnecessary spending. I need to rain it in so we can go to Nz this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddyMumma View Post
    I am in. I am the queen of unnecessary spending. I need to rain it in so we can go to Nz this year
    I must be a Princess then😜
    I'm in.
    I'm going to do a year of not buying any new clothes for our family of 6.
    We have a location wedding in Feb but I'm not going to buy a new dress which is big, really big for me.
    No eating out in Feb.
    Buying second hand sports clothes for the kids.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    And miserly May
    and a Junk-free June?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debsch For This Useful Post:

Mod-RaryGirl  (01-02-2015),ThenThereWereThree  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    im in

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Interested in joining too coz need money for 2 passports and to pay off remainder of our holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started this before Christmas. I joined my local buy, sell, swap and have been selling off all the cr*p/unused items/old toys that we don't use plus the frangipani tree cuttings my son and I have been looking after since August. My rules are: can only use my bankcard for petrol, milk/bread/fruit n veg, medications and pet food. Anything else has to come from selling stuff. All but 1 of the kids Christmas presents came from doing this. I also have traded some home cooked meals and baking with a man who was happy to swap for a bit of male help (garden, reshuffling things in my storage space in the garage, fixing things). And as a single mum I need childcare by the minute not the hour or evening so im swapping with another mum who is saving up my minutes for a night out with her dh. (IE i'm running 10 mins late for school pick up or I need 30 mins before school care).

And another rule: I can't appear miserly to others. I still have to contribute as always.
    Last edited by BbBbBh; 20-01-2015 at 02:49.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been keeping any eye on this thread as who doesn't want tips to save a bit of money!!

But I realised there was more people wanting tips than contributing tips so I tried to think of a cost saving tip to share and I realised saving money really does depend on what you spend your money on.

Like:
    If you love online shopping, maybe delete your shopping apps; or
    If you like eating out at cafes with friends, make sure you eat before you go and just order a coffee
    If you smoke, try to get a quit plan together, download quit app
    If your grocery bill is too much, make home made snacks from bulk ingredients rather than buying pre packaged snacks

If you get the gist, I'd suggest letting us on the thread know where you think your income is disappearing to and then you can get more specific and I am sure creative ideas to help you (and others with the same expenses)

I know it's a hard one, I am trying to think about what I am spending my money on at the moment too.

Let us all know so we can help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are revising our budget and being brutal with our bills. Lots of work to research insurance/utilities options, but hopefully it will pay off. I know people say to do this regularly but we never bothered and now I'm upset with myself for wasting money for so long!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Frugal February!!

A great way to save $$ is to round down your bank account to the nearest $10. Eg bank balance is $123.54. At the end of a specified amount of time (I do it daily) transfer the $3.54 to a savings account. When my credit card is looking a bit sad I transfer the funds to that to pay it off a bit faster.

I also empty out coins from my purse daily and put it in a jar hidden away.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ra Ra Superstar For This Useful Post:

#Mama  (29-01-2015),GreenMama  (20-01-2015),SoThisIsLove  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last week I did my groceries online (while at work lol) which was great because I could keep my eye on the total and add/remove items to stay within budget. Then I'm not strolling the supermarket adding unnecessary items and I've promised myself I won't go to the supermarket all week because I have everything I need at home. I found I'd be running in 3-4 times a week and always buying extras which we actually don't need.