+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Going to join in after losing hundreds of dollars in my stolen wallet it is going to be a lean month indeed. (Especially after Christmas/back to school/2 lots of rego/car repairs and paying for upcoming Easter holiday all in the last 7;weeks)

Will come back and read all the posts when I steel my ipad back from my 7 year old lol
    Last edited by Beljane; 07-02-2015 at 19:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not going too bad but not great either. Sold 1 thing on eBay and have another ending soon. We have lots of bills Have been going pretty well at reducing our groceries

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I was doing well until I blew way to much money on the weekend. It's honestly hard for me to go a day without spending money on something in some way, could be just on lunch with a girlfriend, ordering something online or picking up some extra groceries.

I could be saving a lot more but I have started to live by the rule of “ Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving", I am much better at saving when I treat that money as if it's a bill and pay it to another account when I pay the rest, it has worked well for me in the past so I'm going to do the same again.

I haven't spent anything today, so that is a win I suppose.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was going ok until I had my back 'give out'. so after $65 to the doctor, $27 out of pocket, after the medicare refund. also, I paid a bill over the phone and a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, the company put the payment through twice. so I am $75 short today until the credit comes in to my account tonight. I could do without these hiccups. I will be buying only what I need when I do the grocery shop on Thursday, and plan to live on what is in the house until then. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    I was going ok until I had my back 'give out'. so after $65 to the doctor, $27 out of pocket, after the medicare refund. also, I paid a bill over the phone and a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand was doing, the company put the payment through twice. so I am $75 short today until the credit comes in to my account tonight. I could do without these hiccups. I will be buying only what I need when I do the grocery shop on Thursday, and plan to live on what is in the house until then. marie.
    Hope you're giving your back a rest Marie. X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to DreamyMummy For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sold another ebay item, yippee! Did a little grocery shopping yesterday and withdrew the cash amount ($50) that I will be spending on our full shop this week to limit myself. No spare cash for pilates class this week so I will do some moves at home this afternoon or go for a walk with DS. 2x big bills to pay next week so the scrimping must continue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Am joining in if that's ok

We have recently (1st of Feb) moved to a property in the middle of nowhere is 2 hours to the closest decent shops so being frugal isn't too hard.

In the first week here we spent $530 on groceries for the month and $150 on a pantry as our house didn't have one

We have about $3500 in bills that are due in the next 2 weeks but I feel like that doesn't count of not spending money they all need to be paid and there is nothing I can do about that.

I shopped around am now saving $100 a month on my PHI and we are on different phone plans now so save $40 a month on that now too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Frugal Feb is going okay here so far. We have definitely cut down on non-essential spending, though I am still having some trouble kicking my soft drink/energy drink habit (which is expensive!). I am currently looking into our PHI spending to see if we can improve that a bit - It might turn out to be a bit more expensive as we are looking to increase our cover to help with some allied health costs for our daughter (speech therapy). We are meal planning for all meals now which has hopefully dropped our shopping cost a little bit (I haven't looked at the figures) and we have incorporated at least 1 vegetarian dinner each week to cut costs too. I also plan to shop around for our contents insurance as this is due soon.

We are in the process of looking for a new house to buy and will be renting ours out. Looking forward to meeting the mortgage broker again this week to go through some figures!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodeobull View Post
    Am joining in if that's ok

We have recently (1st of Feb) moved to a property in the middle of nowhere is 2 hours to the closest decent shops so being frugal isn't too hard.

In the first week here we spent $530 on groceries for the month and $150 on a pantry as our house didn't have one

We have about $3500 in bills that are due in the next 2 weeks but I feel like that doesn't count of not spending money they all need to be paid and there is nothing I can do about that.

I shopped around am now saving $100 a month on my PHI and we are on different phone plans now so save $40 a month on that now too.
    Being 2 hours to the closest decent shops sounds great for less spending! $100 a month sounds like a good saving for PHI too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Being 2 hours to the closest decent shops sounds great for less spending! $100 a month sounds like a good saving for PHI too
    Lol I feel like I'm dying though because I bought no junk when we did the grocery shop and the closest corner store is 80k away one way so I can't even go there to get some yummy junk lol