+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Has anyone found that one side of the dirt canister fills up and the other doesn't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    Has anyone found that one side of the dirt canister fills up and the other doesn't?
    Yes mine does that too!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 3bubbys For This Useful Post:

WiseOldOwl  (27-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    My clever dad attached mine to the side of the dryer where there's already a screw. Never use the dryer anyway and it's up off the floor and out of the way.
    Very smart!
    Mine collects more on one side too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I really want one of these. Just been reading through this thread and all the good reviews have just made my mind up to get one I think.

Anyone who has one, can you really use it as your main vacuum? How long does battery last, and how long do you have to charge it before you can use again?

Every vacuum I've ever had the cord always gets all twisted and eventually wrecks it as I vacuum at least once a day if not more everyday. I do rarely take it out of one power point to put into another so that could be a reason although my house isn't that big so it stretches round the house. I have an Electrolux barrel at the moment, it's clunky and has almost had it.

I think I would really like to put one on layby just really want to confirm if it's worth getting one and can use as your main vacuum?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by zoz View Post
    I really want one of these. Just been reading through this thread and all the good reviews have just made my mind up to get one I think.

Anyone who has one, can you really use it as your main vacuum? How long does battery last, and how long do you have to charge it before you can use again?

Every vacuum I've ever had the cord always gets all twisted and eventually wrecks it as I vacuum at least once a day if not more everyday. I do rarely take it out of one power point to put into another so that could be a reason although my house isn't that big so it stretches round the house. I have an Electrolux barrel at the moment, it's clunky and has almost had it.

I think I would really like to put one on layby just really want to confirm if it's worth getting one and can use as your main vacuum?
    I think it depends. If I were to vacuum once a week or less Id say no, for me I wouldn't be happy with it on its own.

I vacuum our ground floor at least once a day (two cats, a toddler, a grub of a husband and shiny white tiles) so it's very good for that as not too much accumulates in the 24hrs.

Charge wise it says it takes a 5hrs for a full charge. The dc45 battery life is 20 mins and the dc35 is 15.

I love mine. It's made my morning chores so much quicker and easier but it definitely not as good as my corded pull along.

That being said because it's so easy to scoot along I now do up the stairs and the other rooms more frequently.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I use mine (dc44) as my main vacuum and love it. The canister isn't big enough to do my whole house so I do have to empty it partway through, but the charge lasts long enough to do all my floors. If I'm vacuuming my couches etc as well as my floor I will sometimes run out of charge, depending on how thorough I'm being! It takes a few hours to fully charge from empty. So much easier and lighter to use instead of my big vacuum though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm thinking mine will probably become my main cleaning option. I did the whole house with it on 2 charges and it was so much easier than my plug in pull along dyson.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I think I already made my mind up though lol! But the input is handy. About 50 - 50 then in terms of using as a main vacuum. A little part of me is still not sure though. Lifes biggest problems lol...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the DC59 which has 26 mins battery life. I use it as main vac for 3 br house with 2 living areas. Love it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Can I just say, 5 weeks on - I LOVE this vac! I zip around every second day and only use the big vac once every 10 days now. It's brilliant when I see a dog hair dust bunny emerging I just grab it and whizz around. And I hate vacuuming!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (14-03-2015)