+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used to occasionally read a blog by Rebecca Judd. She strongly promotes her personal midwife who runs seminars. She says every baby should be given a bottle of formula by its dad just before bed at night from the day it comes home from hospital (I think to make it sleep). She describes giving formula as having no negative effects because it's the perfect food designed for baby. She also says all babies should be bathed by dad at 10pm.....!?! Yeah I stopped reading then cos IMO it was a whole new level of crazy!

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    I used to occasionally read a blog by Rebecca Judd. She strongly promotes her personal midwife who runs seminars. She says every baby should be given a bottle of formula by its dad just before bed at night from the day it comes home from hospital (I think to make it sleep). She describes giving formula as having no negative effects because it's the perfect food designed for baby. She also says all babies should be bathed by dad at 10pm.....!?! Yeah I stopped reading then cos IMO it was a whole new level of crazy!
    Sounds like smug bullish!!t to me!!!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    What I think is also horrible about this story is the unfair expectation that has also been placed on this mum-to-be's shoulders that her baby should sleep through the night. That is crazy. Also, most people aren't aware that the medical definition of "sleeping through" is 5 hours straight, not put them down at 7pm and they wake up at 7am! So much horrible advice out there and mums end up feeling like failures because their babies are being normal babies!
    This ^^^

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post

this was the seminar she was quoting

there was so much else that was soooooo dodgy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This 'midwife' really does seem very odd. She very clearly says that this is what EVERYONE should/must do for ALL babies. I also read a post by Rebecca Judd that mentioned that her milk just suddenly dried up and she had no idea why..... Seemed obvious to me but her and her midwife couldn't figure it out?!?
    I have recently been told that I must stop BF because I am pregnant. Apparently it's "not possible" to feed two babies so I'll have to stop soon anyway. I am neglecting my unborn baby by choosing to give its nutrients to its older sibling via the Breastmilk. Me feeding my child is also the reason I have a uti. Yep thanks for all that info......