+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked
    60
    Reviews
    1

    Default Cost effective 'The Pill'

    I am going to the Dr today to see about going on the pill. The last time I got the pill, the Dr at the time gave me the most expensive one on the market, and I couldn't afford to keep up with it. Can someone please recommend a few different types of the pill, that are cheap, yet work well? I used to use marvelon at one point, but that was expensive for me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I am on trifeme I think which a generic brand. I think it's $16 for a box which has 4x4 weeks in the box.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,870
    Thanks
    3,034
    Thanked
    5,843
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I currently take Microlut, which is quite inexpensive BUT it is a mini pill.

    Avoid Diane - it's really pricey. Previously I look Loette for a few years and I found it to be a good effective pill - it's cheaper if you get the generic version.

    I've taken trifeme in the past - it did take a few months to get used to it though (nausea, moody and hormonal).

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked
    60
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I currently take Microlut, which is quite inexpensive BUT it is a mini pill.

    Avoid Diane - it's really pricey. Previously I look Loette for a few years and I found it to be a good effective pill - it's cheaper if you get the generic version.

    I've taken trifeme in the past - it did take a few months to get used to it though (nausea, moody and hormonal).
    I just read up on trifeme and a few people said nausea and a bad mood swings were common. I might avoid this one, as I'm already a 8itch 😂

    Perhaps I might ask about levlen. I remember I was on that as a kid (due to AF problems, not being a slapper!)

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Edameny89 For This Useful Post:

    ThenThereWereThree  (19-01-2015)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    398
    Thanks
    359
    Thanked
    229
    Reviews
    0

    Default Cost effective 'The Pill'

    I was once on monofem (that may be spelt incorrectly). From memory it was $12-14 for 3-4 month supply.

    Eta- it's one of the lower doses in comparison. I didn't have any side effects. Hope this helps

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,870
    Thanks
    3,034
    Thanked
    5,843
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Edameny89 View Post
    I just read up on trifeme and a few people said nausea and a bad mood swings were common. I might avoid this one, as I'm already a 8itch

    Perhaps I might ask about levlen. I remember I was on that as a kid (due to AF problems, not being a slapper!)
    I remember on the trifeme I would burst into tears over insignificant things (and I'm not normally like that). Once I cried whilst I was out driving because I had to wait for a fire engine to reverse out of the fire station

    I do recommend Loette, but when you get the script filled at the chemist ask for the generic brand. It's about $35 for 3 months for the regular Loette.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

    Edameny89  (19-01-2015)

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    59
    Thanks
    65
    Thanked
    60
    Reviews
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post
    I remember on the trifeme I would burst into tears over insignificant things (and I'm not normally like that). Once I cried whilst I was out driving because I had to wait for a fire engine to reverse out of the fire station

    I do recommend Loette, but when you get the script filled at the chemist ask for the generic brand. It's about $35 for 3 months for the regular Loette.
    Oh dear that does sound bad! If I was on it, I can already foresee that I would burst into tears if Dr Phil was running late on telly hahahaha.

    Thanks I'll ask my GP about it. I always get the generics, because I'm a tight **** and can't justify wasting money on basically the same thing lol.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    my house
    Posts
    17,696
    Thanks
    1,391
    Thanked
    7,285
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I have found trifeme much more tolerable than the mini pill. I was crazy on that.

  11. #9
    Mod-Nomsie's Avatar
    Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Vic
    Posts
    23,657
    Thanks
    6,899
    Thanked
    7,026
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I have found trifeme much more tolerable than the mini pill. I was crazy on that.
    Mmmhmm! Hell yes. And the mini pill makes me eat like I'm never going to get a good meal again.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,232
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked
    1,153
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm on levlen it was about $25-30 for three months I think.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 18-02-2014, 20:12
  2. Cost in getting a cat
    By LoveLivesHere in forum Pets
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 14:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Riverton Leisureplex
An Extreme Family Pass at Riverton Leisureplex is the ultimate way to cool off during the summer school holidays. The $30 Pass allows pool and waterslide access for 2 adults and 2 children, as well as a drink, popcorn and an icy pole for each person.
sales & new stuffsee all
Bub Hub Sales Listing
HAVING A SALE? Let parents know about it with a Bub Hub Sales listing. Listings are featured on our well trafficked Sales Page + selected randomly to appear on EVERY page
featured supporter
LCF Fun Languages Australia
We offer foreign language lessons for children 2-12 yrs in French, Spanish, Mandarin, Italian or German as after-school and preschool clubs or private language tuition. This is play-based, full immersion language learning with proven results!
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!