+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dropping night feeds

When did your baby stop needing a night feed? (Breastfed)

How did you resettle them if they woke up?

How did your body go with the transition?

My 14 week old has been asleep for 7 hours (woohoo) but I have woken up with very sore boObs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My kids were much older when they stopped feeding overnight. DD was 16 months, when she weaned completely after I had gastro. DS was about 13 months when he stopped feeding overnight - we used a gentle night weaning technique. Once he stopped feeding we offered cuddles to resettle him when he woke. This worked well most of the time (and still does when he is sick). The transition for my body was okay - I woke sore for a few days from memory (he fed multiple times overnight prior to weaning) but nothing too agonizing. Lots of leaking though!

Enjoy your extra sleep -hopefully it lasts!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    7 month DD dropped her night feed at 6 months ish.
    She started doing a 7 hour block at about 8 weeks, then we were all over the place with the 4 month sleep regression, then she went back to having one long stretch that got longer & longer until one night I woke up & realized I hadn't been up in the night!

Each time she changed her sleep patterns my b00bs took 2-3 days to regulate supply. I did pump a few mornings just for comfort. You could hand express if you don't have a pump.
    I tried not to interfere too much as I wanted my supply to regulate naturally. If I woke up with monster b00bs they usually settled down after a couple of feeds.

These days she cries out in the night usually only if she's wedged herself in the corner of the cot so I just rearrange her & give her back her blankie. Very occasionally if she won't settle I will still offer a feed & that does the trick.
    At 14 weeks I would just offer a BF to settle bub.
    She just kind of did it herself so I'm not really any help with the settling thing sorry!