Closed Thread
Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh really? I have a feeling mine will keep turning. Fx he stays in that position but I have a feeling he won't. Some friends babies kept turning until final week. How nerve wrecking. When is ur next appointment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha. It is unpredictable. The book says that by 32w the baby should be head down. Mine really likes to lie on my right side. I always have an asymmetric bump.

Next appt is fri. I am seeing ob every week now. If my glucose level still isn't good, he will start me insulin. Funny is that he seems to rely on the educator to tell him what to do and vice versa. Well, the educator just wanted to try another week given that I just started metformin. To be honest, I personally don't believe diet is working really well in term of nutrition. I am literally eating the same breakfast, lunch and dinner to keep the level down, which is crazy. I did eat my Asian food once a week to keep me sane, although I felt guilty afterward that I should resist for the bub health.

I am not a fan of artificial sugar. It isn't healthy for Bub. Educator suggested me to eat diet yogurt....I think I would rather stick with my 4x vita weat with peanut butter for the breakfast. Anyway, my diet is so boring........I feel like ages to 40w now.

Have you sorted out the govt ppl? Our HR is so hopeless. The lady, who is in charged, has been extending her leave. She supposes to be back today and yet another extension. I was told three times now. I started chasing HR down like 2 weeks ago. They don't seem to have a clue when she actually is going to show up. I asked my manager to make couple of phone calls. It gets to have someone else who knows about this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like artificial sugar either. Can you have Greek yoghurt with a little honey? I think that would be better and then put some fruit in it. Peanut butter is actually not the best for you. If you do eat it you should get the one that is no added sugar or salt. Maybe try blending some healthy nuts? Or have avocado or cheese on your biscuits. I can understand you wanting to cheat. It's very hard to stay good the whole time. Hope all goes well this Friday and if you need insulin then hopefully you can eat some nicer foods.

I haven't looked into ppl yet. HR sent me some stuff but I've only just started filling in stuff for Mat leave. Still so much to do and bub will arrive in 8.5 weeks. Eek!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I second eating natural yoghurt and add some fruit. That's sweet enough for me. You could add kiwi fruit as that's quite sweet but I'm not sure if that's allowed with gd.

Peanut butter from supermarket like Kraft is definitely not good. Full of sugar and salt. I buy organic natural one with no added sugar and salt. It's not cheap but taste really yummy. Could really taste the nut. I think it's about $10 a jar.

Good luck for your appointment on Friday @bbhope. Hope all goes well. Also for asian food, could you eat things like steam fish with ginger, spring onion and soy sauce? Is that allowed. I often cook that and add some veggies like broccoli, shiitake mushroom, carrots, etc. it's quite filling even without rice. Feels healthy too.

I still do lots of housework but do notice my back gets sore if I'm not consciously using my core muscles when doing stuff. My DH does the vacuum. My dad does the garden. I do washing, bathrooms, dusting, etc. DH does a lot when he's home but he works more than me so I try to do more.
    @Gelati I haven't got the stickers yet but think I'll get it from adairs. The pink spot stickers are $20 there. I am yet to get prints but have found some inspiration online. Think I can get them from etsy?

I have been taking weekly pic to track my tummy growth but i wouldn't say it's nice pic. Just normal pic taken with iPad. Won't get any professional pregnancy photo either. Re professional baby photos, not sure yet. I don't think so but not 100% sure. Also won't get the professional hand and foot prints. That's exxy. But the DIY ideas sound pretty good to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib i think it's good to do housework as it keeps you active. Sitting down doesn't feel good to me when pregnant. Especially after eating. I do the mopping and the kitchen and sometimes the bathroom except the shower and bath tub. I don't do gardening, DH does that but he did that before i was pregnant as well. I just need to be careful that i don't over do it. Belly is getting quite heavy now and i lose my balance easily.

I don't see why not. Etsy is pretty reputable right? not sure i've bought anything from there before but i heard it's quite popular. Oh yes the pink dots, very sweet

I'm not going to get professional baby shots either. So expensive and i'm sure i could get some nice shots on my own. Just need to make sure i take some through all that sleep deprivation! hahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    Where do you get the good peanut butter? Nope, i am not allowed to have avocado and cheese! I tried to have a croissant (no sugar here but carb), avocado, cheese and tomato a few times and the level was over for breakfast. The only thing i found it works is 4 x vitaweat + peanut butter! Go and figure. Vitaweat tastes like cardboard to me....Today, i was down to 1/2 cup all bran cereal + milk. The level was over but wasn't too far off. I am only allowed 2 serves of fruit per day and normally at snack time.

Greek yogurt isn't allowed because it contains a lot of sugar as i was told. I wonder why. I am not allowed to have natural yogurt with fruits. That's why i am now giving up yogurt too. Hehe...i like nuts but not that much.

Good idea about the steam fish @Minib. I might give it a try! Steam is easy....what kind of fish is good for steaming?

Baby cot, mattress, change pad and chest of drawer (as change table on top as well) arrived today. I change my mind. I think we will set up the chest of drawer now and wait to set up the cot until we move. Bub needs a place for changing nappy and storing clothes.

Ya, i'll be looking for the sticker online. No rush, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that sounds like a horrible diet. Are you sure it was te avocado and cheese that put you over or was it the croissant? Croissants are pretty unhealthy. Surprised that peanut butter that has so much sugar is ok tho. I'm sure peanut butter has more sugar than cheese or avocado. Have you tried them on vita wheat? Im surprised Greek yoghurt has too much sugar. What about low fat? I really feel for you. It does sound like you have to eat barely anything to keep under. Is the medication helping?

Good idea to set up dresser and change table. You will need that for sure. Yeh no rush with stickers as they are just decorative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I get the peanut butter from markets. I think it's Daryl's peanut butter.

I'm surprised croissant is ok. As far as I know it has sugar and lots of butter. I thought croissant is pretty unhealthy

Do you like salmon? That's the best fish for pregnancy. If you don't like salmon, try ocean trout or barramundi. They taste quite good steamed. I put lots of ginger and some chilli as well.
    @Gelati be careful don't lose balance. OB told me it's easy to lose balance so I try not to climb up high. I still wash showers and bath tub but I'm about 8 weeks behind you girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, I know croissant is pretty unhealthy. I thought it only has butter? The croissant, avocado, tomato and cheese are made fresh at the cafe across the street from where i work. They just toast it hot. If i have a choice, I would have asked for multigrain bread instead. The problem with avocado is that it turns brown quite quickly. If i only use a few slices in the morning, i can't keep them for the following morning. Anyway, i think i might give it a go with vita-weat. Peanut butter was suggested because it has higher protein content and it should keep me full longer. Haha...nothing keeps me full in the morning!

Funny is that I stop liking salmon after BFP! I tried a few times and i always felt yucky afterward. Perhaps it depends where it comes from. I am taking fish oil supplement now. I have been avoiding canned tuna but started with this diet. I think canned food isn't healthy. I bought some other "brand" of frozen salmon. Perhaps i'll try that tomorrow night. Hopefully, it tastes better.

I don't think the metformin is helping but i haven't been on it for that long to see the effect. I hate needle but if insulin will get me through a more appealing diet, I am happy to do it. After all, bub needs to be healthy and I need to stop torturing myself.

When is your next appt, @Gelati? and @Minib?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: speaking of hiccup. I think bub is going to be a rush eater in the future. He is hiccuping everytime he wakes up and makes a big fuss!