Closed Thread
Page 98 of 108 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So nice to have nursery set up. I haven't done it but plenty of time. Only 23 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Plenty of time @Minib. It's fun but dealing with the rubbish and the excess stuff you need to find space for or throw out is not fun! I'm exhausted. Back and feet hurt 😝 I feel like I need a week off to just do this. Have you found any prints or stickers yet? I got my stickers from eBay. Ended up being $40. Yikes! I hoped to only spend 20 😒

Haha Thx. I think sugar is much worse than carb. But I am trying very hard to be good and I'm still exercising so hopefully that reduces the damage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I felt much better after seeing OB. He just commented that some people are silly. He checked bub again and the measurement was on schedule. He normally does measurement every other week but he just wanted to give me a peace of mind. I almost had a heart attack when he couldn't get bub umbilical cord pulse few times. Oh....apparently, those priv OB scan each visit isn't part of the antenatal visit fee. I mean I pay X amount each time and got some back from Medicare. OB actually charges Medicare for the scan separately. I just realised because now Medicare requires patient to sign off to verify the scan has been performed. Perhaps some OBs claim that while not doing the scan? Wow......Medicare has to fork out so much for us to go private as well.

Agree with you @Gelati. Throwing stuff and make space aren't fun. I am lifting more stuff than I should but no other choice. Back pain since last weekend so I mainly let DH do stuff today. Most furnitures were picked up today so we could finally make space for the other bedroom. Ahem....for my mom. No nursery for the Bub until we move. I will have to go through some stuff tomorrow while DH enjoys himself in the bush. I think in a few weeks time, I will prevent him to go bushwalking because who knows when baby is going to come and he has no mobile reception!

Oh...ya. I am now thinking about wall sticker too because DH wants to paint the wall white. I want off white. Oh well.

You still have plenty of time, minib.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw, I am thinking to do the baby footprint keepsake. anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope is that the one you buy and do yourself and then you can hang it up with your bub's footprint? I hadn't really thought of it but yeh that's a great idea! i must remember to do that. You can get moulds for their hand print too. So cute.

Aww that's unfortunate about the nursery. Poor little bub, no nursery for him but at least he'll have grandma around to look after him And you will get to decorate the nursery in your new place which is nice. I didn't actually lift anything heavy but it was the standing, bending, leaning and just being on my feet all day that tired me out. More cleaning today.....

oh i didn't know about the OB. I don't think mine charges medicare cos i haven't had to sign anything. Besides he doesn't do all those measurements. Only position and heart beat. I see him again tmr. Hope my BP has come down....

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: yes, the one that you DIY. I am thinking footprint is more practical because newborn likes to curl their hands, which would be difficult to do the print. Where did you see the mould one? My friend did it professionally and super expensive, something like $150+. I figure if i buy 2 sets, it still won't be $150+. I still haven't had a nice photo of me with the bump. I think i should do it soon.

Good luck for the scan tomorrow. Must be exciting to see him again. FX that BP has come down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i can't actually remember where i've seen it but i'm sure it's quite common in most baby stores or toy stores. Baby bunting or toys r us must have them? Otherwise online? Probably doesn't turn out as nice as the professionals one but i wouldn't pay $150 for it to be done. Maybe if it's cheap you can buy one for the feet and one for the hands? hehe.

Yeh def get a nice pic of you and you and DH before bub comes. A special time to remember We only got one ok one together when we went on holiday. I got a few nice ones on my own but i don't have many. hope i don't regret not taking more. i have a few friends who got professional shots of them being pregnant.

bub is hiccuping atm. And he's not happy. kicking and wriggling!

Yes fingers crossed and also hope bub isn't in breech position! xx I didn't end up doing the rest of the cleaning today. I was so tired. I did the mopping and then went to out and didn't get back till quite late in the afternoon and couldn't be bothered doing anything! Monday again tmr...boo! another 5 days of work...
    Last edited by Gelati; 16-08-2015 at 20:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: actually, a professional shop will do hand and feet for $220! Ya, I won't spend that much but maybe it is worth it to some people. No, don't plan to get professional shots. Maybe after the bub is born.

I had done a lot of housework today. Laundry, tidy up the wardrobe to make space for baby clothes and, sorting baby clothes out. My friend dropped a box of used clothes. Some are nice. Some are a bit worn out. I am not sure what to do with the unwanted ones. The awkward part is that she seems to expect me to return them. They r trying to have a second baby. I understand that she would want the big stuff such as bath stand, steriliser etc back. But baby clothes?!

I was really tired at some point. I told DH that he should take over the laundry duty from now on when he got home. All the bending and lifting (not from the ground level) are not good for me. I don't think he gets the idea that pregnant women cannot do much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha yeh hubby doesn't get it as it's not happening to them. DH is better now that i'm getting bigger...seems to see that it is a struggle and also his friend's wives have a lot of problems so i think he realises i'm just doing well but it's actually a big deal. Yes get dh to do the laundry....i also get mine to do the shower and the vacuuming. Bending over is too hard on the back now.

OB's apointment went well today. He doesn't seem to be worried about my BP anymore as it went down at today's reading. Also bub's head is back down in position again and belly is measuring 1 week ahead (same as last time). Relieved all seems to be well. He offered to write me a growth scan referral but said he doesn't think i need it. i said i'll think about it but hold off for now. See how i go. I probably will end up getting one. It's nice t know how big the baby actually is! lol
    @Emerald26 all the best for this week's bt! Is scan then next week?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (19-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah! Glad to hear that the OB appt went well. I told you...Bub still has time to turn. they stop turning at 32w, I think. However, I have heard that some turn during labor. I don't know how the baby does it. It is such a tight space. Now, we can only hope that they are facing the direction during birth.