Closed Thread
Page 97 of 108 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was out last night so will catch up a bit tonight.

I'm still at work but have to vent. My glucose level has been good today so i decided to be sneaky and get a curry puff at tea time. I went into one of the asian places which i haven't been to for a while. The lady boss was a bit surprised to see me pregnant and started bombarding me with a lot of questions "when are you due? is it a boy or a gal?" OK. I was quite cheerful and didn't tell her it is none of her business. I am fine with that. Then, bam...she said that i am carrying so small. I replied saying that the dr said it is normal. She kinda questioned it and kept saying so small........i quickly left and literally upset. I am battling with GD here and worrying about baby growing big and she is the 3rd person in less than a week commented that i am carrying small!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah @Gelati that's the 34 week scan. I know if ob did a scan in his room, it will also be for 10 seconds lol. All I could see was a baby and a heartbeat. No measurement.

I agree re the parents. It's about compromise. We are good at that. My parents respect my space a lot more compared to say 5-6 years ago. They have been in Australia for 8 years so spent 50 years in an asian country with a very traditional upbringing and culture.
    @bbhope hopefully you get to tweak your diet and include some carb.
    @Gelati your breakfast and dinner sounds so healthy. I have 2 serves of carb a day. Probably should cut down to one serve a day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh Hun I'm so sorry you have to hear comment like that. Seriously people should know it's not a nice thing to comment anyone carrying small or big. Either way makes the woman worry. Everyone carries differently so don't say small or big. I hope you feel better naw bbhope. Don't listen to her. I know a lot of people who were quite small and have a very healthy size baby. In fact, it looks really cute when it's compact. Don't Lee her upset you. She knows nothing about your pregnancy and ob has been happy with baby growth

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: at least you will get the proper 34w scan. I kinda want to do the 4D/3D one. Ya, my scan these days is also like 10s. Despite OB is seeing me every week now, he only does the measurement every other week. I guess i wouldn't be so upset if the lady would just shut up after i already said it is normal.

Well, the diet requires me to have carb for the 3 main meals. Just very small portion. I don't think it is even worth to cook half a cup of noodle. LOL.

I had a great night out. Initially, i thought it was just a dinner with one of the gals. When i arrived, the other two were there. They kinda made it like a baby shower with presents. I feel so bad now because I always label them as insensitive here on BH. I think it is just a different world when you experience infertility.

They all have a bub last year and one of them conceived around the same time as our first chemical pregnancy. So it is kinda hard. I feel so guilty that I didn't give them any baby present until a formal visit and avoided two of them all last year. I simply couldn't handle it. It was a difficult year. I didn't explain and have decided not to mention anything about IVF to them. Only one of them know what i went through. She is the only one who doesn't ask private questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope good to hear you had a great night out. Sounds like they were being good friends celebrating your baby and you. Don't worry about last year. You could just see them more now. I'm sure they would like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you ladies thought about cord blood banking/donation? I have been thinking about donating it for a while. I read that there is a shortage worldwide and I would like to give it back to the world. Apparently, WA is as usual, so behind the east coast. The donation option seems to exist at one public hospital. The other private cord blood company is doing it as personal banking. When i asked today, Ob kinda suggested me to store it because of me with diabetic condition. I didn't mention that the close family member of the other half gene pool is also diabetic (no one is perfect and that's the best we could pick.......). I have been wondering the chance of bub being type I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - don't worry about other people's comments. The size of your tummy is between you and your OB. If he's not worried what do other people know? I feel like people always have to comment or they feel obliged to comment. They either say oh you look small or oh you look huge! the nice ones say, oh you look so good and carrying so well. I wouldn't take any of the comments to heart. I don't think they even know the effect they are causing. It's just to make conversation most of the time. But i know it's hard not to take things to heart because it is such a big deal for us ivf girls.

I'm so happy your colleagues did such a nice thing for you. i wouldn't feel bad, clearly it didn't effect your friendship with them. At least now you know they are nice people and don't meant to be cruel even tho sometimes it feels that way with their intrusive questions or comments.

i've not thot about any of that cord stuff. Is it better to bank it if you have a risk of diabetes? We don't have any risk on DH side and only my grandma has diabetes on my side but none of my parents or other grandparent side or my uncles / aunts. Most of the ones i know who have it have a really bad diet as well. Anyways i don't know if that makes us low risk. But yeh haven't thought about it at all.

I ate so badly yesterday had 3 x dessert and also a cheese burger from maccas and asian takeaway for dinner. Eeek!!!! Even the day beforei had a roll of chocolate and a dessert. Will have to be better this weekend. Not having any dessert today. Got to be strong!! I guess just slipping 1-2 day is ok right? hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure about the cord stuff either. It is such an expensive investment. Like an insurance. They are currently running a trial on a Perth gal to get blood transfusion to delay onset type I diabetes. From what I can see, they don't know if it works and it only delays but not cures type I diabetes. If there is a serious medical condition in the future (eg cancer), the cord blood and stem cell tissue will certainly match. Touchwood! I am very keen to donate because I would rather helping some poor kids who actually need the treatment now than storing it for 18--25 yrs. Then what? Certainly hope nothing happens to bub!

Lol gelati. I went to have a full bowl of coconut last night. I feel bad. but once a week.....

Ya, OB gave me an ear full yesterday. Well, I wasn't taking those strangers comment seriously until the 3rd one in a week. And the way the lady said it. I actually had couple of tears and rubbing my belly telling bub that he is normal when I walked out the place.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Aww @bbhope. Bub is doing great don't worry. Our hormones make us more sensitive too. It's all part of being pregnant. A colleague told me yesterday wow you're huge! I said, gee thanks! And she was like oh no you look great. I just laughed and said Thx. I really don't think ppl mean anything and the ones who do are just idiots. How would they know anything??

I think donating would be nice. I would donate If they asked me.

Oh it's so hard being good with diet. I've been pretty good today. Not the best but yeh not bad.

Set up the nursery today now just got to do a bit more tidy up and bring in the nursery chair. But it's all coming together. Can't wait till bub is here!! 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @bbhope I hope you feel better after speaking to your ob.

I'm not doing the cord blood banking. I figure medical and technology will be so advanced in 10-15 years time, I'm not sure if there's any point to bank it. Havent thought of donating though but that seems like a good idea.

Lol @Gelati a bad day or two is ok. You eat very healthy normally. I don't eat dessert but my daily overload in carb make up for it haha.