Closed Thread
Page 96 of 108 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow how did they miss that? I hope private is better. Surely they scan you to see. Urgh I heard midwives is more important than ur OB cos they make a lot of the decisions and ur OB is barely there. I hope I get some good midwives!! I've heard horror stories both public and private. I think it's just luck of the draw and yeh midwives are very important.

I have no idea which position bub is in now. I'm getting quite short of breath when I slouch on the couch now. It's quite unpleasant! I hope it doesn't get too much worse.

Mm sounds like carbs is what makes you worse. But if you can't eat high carb food then I hope you Arent going hungry. At least you know you won't be putting on unnecessary weight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No idea how they miss that. All I know is that they only did the 20w scan since she was low risk. I am feeling good and bad some days. I am certainly getting pretty tired now. You know what?!? Just within the last few days, 3 people have commented that i am carrying small. It looks big when i look at the mirror from the side.

I guess with this kind of "weight lose" diet. It tends to "shrink" your stomach. I was starving after each dinner at the beginning but now i am fine with just some veges and meat without carb. While i won't gain more weight but i absolutely find it unhealthy to be on weight lose diet during pregnancy. Yes, it does sound healthy but the portion is so much smaller than what i normally eat before pregnant. I don't think their intention is letting me to lose weight but it certainly is for me. I feel bad for bub.....he doesn't get to enjoy variety food now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26: how r u doing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I still look huge! Ppl don't comment that much anymore vcos I'm further along and I guess they expect me to be big now?

Well at least you aren't starving that's important. I don't think bub will miss out on top much if you don't eat carbs or sugars. Not much nutrition from that anyways.

I don't think I'll get another scan after 20 week and I'm going private. Tho I do get scans everytime I go to OB so he can see if it's in breech. I'm sure the hospital will scan too when I go into labour. Unfortunately the scans won't show if there is potential for cord accident tho 😞

@Emerald26 wasn't sure when ur bt was this week but if you already had it hope it all went well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Second blood test was this morning and levels are increasing every 48 hours so on track. I think with my blighted ovum it was around 35 hours. That may have nothing to do with it but I am feeling slightly more positive today compared to last week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news @Emerald26. Another milestone passed

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fantastic news @Emerald26. Another milestone passed

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 yay good to hear another milestone passed. May the next few weeks fly for you.
    @Gelati @bbhope I don't get scan when I see ob so my next one is 12 weeks away. This will be the longest I've gone without seeing my daughter. Argh. I am not sure how to cope. Might ask ob to do a cheeky scan even if not very clear. Got my first big bill from ob too. Boohoo. And one more big bill to come.
    @bbhope can you ask ob or nutritionist even with smaller portion, is it possible that you are eating better and enough nutrition for baby anyway? Although I would be starving all the time if I follow your diet.

I think with public system the first appointment could be at 20 weeks. That's what someone told me. I just never even consider it. After all the ivf money, I'm going private all the way. Even with a boring pregnancy and labour, I think I feel better because I know I'm in great care. I hope so anyway.
    @bbhope I had to laugh reading that your mum said you are now too educated and don't listen to her anymore. Geez asian parents. I get that too sometimes still haha. It doesn't matter that I'm over 30, married and having a baby they still think I should always listen to them because I don't know any better. Sometimes I push back, but sometimes I will try to explain. However after a while I figure my parents are too old to change. They are too set in their ways, so I changed instead. I'll do what make them happy but at the same time do my own thing without telling them. What they don't know won't hurt them hehe. So everyone is happy. Surprisingly my parents have less to say now haha. DH thinks I have high maintenance family but he's so good. Just go with the flow. That's why he's the fav son in law hehe.
    @Gelati I have no foxtel too but thinking about it. A friend told me it was a lifesaver. Not so much during the day but more at night time when you can't sleep. Not sure if we should spend more money though. DH is keen as he has been warning the sports package for a long time.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26: good to hear that it is going well. )

I just met with the educator. She adjusted my diet. Again, she didn't want to cut me off carb completely. This was what I had been doing in the last few nights to get the value under. Now, down to half cup of rice/noodle. Breakfast down to 1 slice of bread. If I am hungry, mixed nuts is all I can add. She thought I am borderline GD. Since I just started metformin, she wanted to give it another week. She really doesn't like to put people on insulin because it is a lot work with the needle. Hahah...I almost wanted to tell her that no biggie. I had done enough for this pregnancy. Insulin needle is nothing as compared to clexane! She said that it is normal people lose weight on this diet because they are more aware what they are eating. Hmmm....actually, my diet wasn't much difference before just more portion and maybe more carb (rice and noodle).

We don't have Foxtel. My friend says that I would need one when I become a stay home mom. Lol. I think I wouldn't have any time! I would most likely finding time to sleep when the Bub is here than watching TV.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to bbhope For This Useful Post:

Emerald26  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib aw that would be hard. is 12 weeks the 34 week scan? If it makes you feel any better my scan at the OBs is about 10 seconds. I don't even know what i'm looking at and then a quick glimpse of the heart beat and it's over. Oh me too. I just paid mine. You get a little back from medicare for this one but apparently none for the next one. Man who knew having a baby was so expensive!! And to think some girls don't pay a dime!! Although you are right, it's nice going private and having that continuity with the same OB and choosing your carer etc. Wow no OB visit till 20 weeks?? that's insane!! i would be going out of my mind.

Sounds like you both have quite traditional asian parents and experience similar things. It's quite hard when parents don't change as you grow. My relationship with my mum, altho sometimes it's still her treating me like a child, it's more like a friendship now. If she's getting on my nerves i'll tell her to back off and she knows to just hold her tongue. But when i'm feeling not so stressed about it all i will still do as she says to make her feel happy. It's more of a compromising experience now. Learning where the boundaries are.

Oh DH would love to get foxtel for the sports but i refuse to let him get it. I don't think i'll need foxtel at this point but we'll wait and see. Like you said @bbhope i'll probably be too busy or want to catch up on sleep. If it's late night feeding i'll probably fall asleep while feeding!!! hahah. Or maybe i'll be mesmerized with bub and still can't believe he's mine!! lol

That's good that the educator thinks you are only borderline GD. Hopefully as you tweak your diet it'll be under control. And doesn't sound like you are having too little carb. I have no carb for dinner and no carb for breakfast. For breakfast it is omelette with vegies and a piece of fruit. For dinner it's meat and vegies only and then a soup. But for snack i do have either a raisin toast, cracker with cheese or a peanut butter sandwich and for lunch i have carbs. So either a small amount of rice or i might have a quiche or lasagne (when i'm bad). But as i said before, on the weekends i tend to go a bit nuts on the dessert and this morning i had a bite of a sponge cake. At least it wasn't a full slice! hahaha. Surely that's ok right? But in any case, sounds like you are on a pretty well balanced diet