Closed Thread
Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Geez your mum sounds really over bearing. Sux that you can't set up bubs room cos ur mum will be there. Maybe hiring a bassinet is the way to go.

Yeh that sux that u had to order online even tho they had it. They would have just been too lazy to find it out the back or maybe they don't know where it is out the back. And least you have it now tho. You did want some nice sheets so good you got it.

I think I'm starting to get third trimester insomnia. Only sleep maybe 5-6 hrs at night and not tired during the day. So much energy. It's weird!! Have you had this? Also think I'm starting to experience a bit of constipation, going to the loo is not as easy as it was before even tho I eat lots of fruit and vegies (sorry if tmi!).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went with something simple in the end but with some prints on them. The bed set is really too expensive. Bub won't need quilt cover etc at the moment anyway.

I haven't slept well since first trimester! I did have few good night sleep last week when bub allowed me to sleep on the side. He isn't in the mood again for that in the last couple of days. The reclining position without a recliner is starting to hurt my back and neck. As for constipation......ahem....TMI: it comes and goes for me. Sometime i have diarrhea after few days of constipation. Weird. Kinda like indigestion. I certainly isn't short of fiber. If i am desperate, i will have metamucil. I was told that metformin will make my stomach sick and have severe diarrhea. So far, I just feel a bit sick with stomach after taking it. Who knows, i find that the side effects of med normally don't kick in for me until i take it in a slightly longer term. Like steroid. I suppose to up the dose to two by this weekend. And the 3 doses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @bbhope your DH would have got a shock at the wedding. We only had a wedding in Australia. Our way. My parents were ok with it. We did have tea ceremony here but that's about it. My parents didn't say anything about tea ceremony. I was the one insisting to have it. I really wanted it to pay respect to my parents. My DH's family participated and were very confused the whole time lol.

So mum asked me to drink date tea too. She knows I won't like it. We'll see. I probably have to drink it a bit but will alternate with a glass of water. Yikes I don't like sweet drinks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I heard gestational insomnia is quite normal. It's like your body is getting ready for the lack of sleep. Do you have foxtel @Gelati maybe watch some tv if you can't sleep or do online shopping hehe

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope is the steroid to manage GD? 3 a day is quite a lot hey? I've only just started getting insomnia. I don't get tired at night and then sleep well for 4 hrs and then only lightly for the rest of the night. i can't really get up in the morning but once i'm up i'm no longer tired for the rest of the day. It's weird. i can no longer lie on my back or slouch on the couch watching tv. I find it difficult to breath. I will take metamucil if i don't go everyday. So far i still do but i find it more difficult.
    @Minib - no foxtel unfortunately :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually, I am just afraid of worsening the diabetes so i am not keen on the date tea. I'll have to GTT test 6--8w after birth to make sure it goes away. I didn't want to tell my mom about GD because she will be over the top saying i drink a lot of sweet stuff which isn't true. eg: i haven't touched coke for a very long time. Certainly, not during this pregnancy.

No. Steroid was used during my first trimester. It was for supressing immune system. Hypothetically, prevent miscarriage in my case. It actually made my glucose level worse which is one of the side effects. My level was high at 10w BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope has your OB said you can have date tea if you have GD? I would go with what they say. Science before old wives tales. I find Asian parents can be so judgemental. Really doesn't help. Sometimes you just need a nice comment or a bit of affection. Rather than being accused f doing something wrong. Like it must be your fault that it happened.

Oh for the sleep position, bub always kicks a lot when I'm lying on my side but I think it just feels that way cos you feel the kicks the most when you lie on your side. That's why they say if you can't feel kicks to lie on your left side and count the number of kicks in 2 hrs. But I find if you put up with it bub eventually calms down. Normally takes 30 min for me. The kicks are pretty full on now that he's getting bigger. Sometimes I tell him off! Hahah

Thanks
    Reviews
    No Ob doesn't say that. I don't think he would know it down to a specific food. He just advises to avoid any sweet food and drink. Hahah...To tell my mom off, I just said i would listen to the Dr advice. She got frustrated and said the problem of me studying too much. Funny thing is that when i insisted to do the FET, she opposed it and told me to listen to the Dr. I can't win. I don't think metformin is doing anything to me so far. Level is still high after breakfast. It would be insane if they tell me egg and 1 multigrain bread is all i can eat for breakfast. I mean no more variation. I hope it just takes some time to kick in.

Oh...as for the steroid, I was on 4 tablets a day. 20mg. That's super high dose. I didn't want to take more than that which i know some women on the other thread did.I am done with that now and am so happy.

Ya, i did ignore bub kick once when i was sleeping on the side. I don't think he enjoys me squashing him. LOL. Oh...i don't think these are normal kick. I actually felt his leg/arm sticking out of my side! Very creepy. I had a nightmare afterward few times.

Hmmm....apparently, whooping cough vaccine is only free for pregnant women here in WA. It only started in March this year after a baby died. I didn't find any info for partner. I will call GP to confirm. It seems like only VIC is doing that for both partners and pregnant women.
    Last edited by bbhope; 11-08-2015 at 16:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh that's unfair that different states have different rules.

It does sound like you can't win with your mum. Best advice is to listen ad then just to ignore. No point arguing or trying to convince her. Just say yes mum and then do what you like. If she mentions why you are not following her just brush it off. She's only there for 2 weeks. The rest you can just lie to her. That sounds like the easiest path.

Well hopefully it just means it hasn't fully kicked in yet otherwise you are going to starve. Will insulin work better or does it not work because you are insulin resistant?

Oh yes the feelings are more of poking now. Sometimes I have to push it back in cos he leaves it there. Sleeping on your side shouldn't be squashing bub unless you are sleeping on your tummy. I sort of sleep on an angle on my side but not fully on my side so my tummy is partially squashed. That's uncomfortable for me. With the kicks I feel them up high ad down low now so no idea what position bub is in 😒

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: yup, this is exactly what i am going to do with my mom. To be honest, she is really excited. I can't believe she is showing me my baby clothes....she still keeps them all these years! She is brining them over. That says, i don't quite get why it is bad luck when i bought some second hand clothes off the baby market?!? It is just the culture that makes my parents feel like they deserve the most respect. They still own me kind of way of thinking if you know what i mean. They should respect my lifestyle but they think i should respect their advices.

I am insulin resistant. Fasting level is OK. That's why OB wants to start me with metformin. He said that I might need insulin down the track when the placenta gets bigger. My afternoon level is always fine with minimal of basmati rice unless i have more carb food. I haven't had any carb for dinner in the last couple of nights because evening level seems to be high no matter what i eat. So far, no carb dinner is fine. I will ask the educator tomorrow if it is OK to go no carb for dinner. I don't know if no carb for breakfast is any good but i might try if the number keeps shooting up.

Talking about bub position. I'm so glad that i am going for priv system now. My high school friend, who gave birth at the public system last year, keeps bragging about she didn't pay a cent to have a baby. When we met them the other day, her boyfriend/partner was talking about how she ended up emergency C-section because they had no idea the bub was in breech position the whole time! Wow.....how could they miss that? Instead of getting her a scan right away, the midwives were feeling around the belly to check bub position! She was already quite dilated at that stage. Her boyfriend said that if they got the good service, he is willing to pay for priv OB for their next bub. I am not bashing public system because we do have two good WA maternity hospitals. I just couldn't get in.

For a long time, i thought bub was in breech position because I felt kick down low. It might just be his hands punching me. I don't know where he sits at the moment. I still feel left and right kicks.