Closed Thread
Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    horse and carriage is so traditional. Would be nice in england with the beautiful scenery and open space in the country but may be a bit too much in Melbourne. hehe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, I told you ladies that i went to toysRus this weekend to buy couple of things. When i queried about some of the cot sheets they have shown online, the store sale person told me that if i didn't see them on the shelves, they didn't have them. After i did some calculations with the shipping, I think it is still OK to buy them online. Guess what!? To my surprise, the package arrived this evening and they shipped from the same toysRus store that i went yesterday! Such a waste of shipping cost then!

As for moving stuff, I had overdone yesterday. Now my back hurt. Bending too much putting stuff from one place to the other. I was trying to snap some pictures of the furniture for sale on gumtree. Time to clean up the other tiny bedroom which is used for storage and home office at the moment. I am sitting at the corner behind all the boxes. It isn't much of an office at all. The whole reason of the clean up is for my mom having a place to sleep and not for the bub! So how can i follow her instruction of not touching any furniture or things at all while i have to make space for her?

I am selling them very cheap. Within an hour, someone came and decided to buy the whole set of our furniture. Phew....problem solved. Faster than i thought. Well, we aren't ready to sell everything just yet but since they made an offer to take them all (not much more) and we have to get rid of them in few months, DH agreed. Now, we have no furniture in the living other than the sofa. I got some friends to loan us small coffee tables to get pass the next few months until we move to the new place. My colleague joked at me today. She asked if DH came home and surprised to see a half empty apartment. Haha...this is something I would see on a comic strip.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm religious and go to church most weekends. I also prayed to god a lot in the last few years. I couldn't believe that god let me go through so much pain. In the end though, it was also my faith that gave me strength to keep strong. I believe in everything happens for a reason. We are good people but sometimes god has different plan and we don't always get our way. Anyway, that's my belief sorry if I offended you.

Religious aside, someone told me. We are only tested to our means. So it will make us stronger.

I think if you want to go to the wedding you should @Gelati. I would and I did go to a wedding. Not funerals. They weren't family funeral. Friends parents passed away etc. DH told me not to go as well. He went on our behalf.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha. @Gelati: I wont' do it in Australia. The scene just fits Europe naturally for some reasons.
    @Minib: you don't offend me. Everyone has their own belief. I respect that. I think we are the only couple who don't go to church among our close friends here in Perth. World would be so much more peaceful if people respect each other religion.
    Last edited by bbhope; 10-08-2015 at 22:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh the lady at toys r us was just too lazy to search then. That's annoying.

Good work for selling some stuff. Now you have less stuff and can set up the room for your mum. How long is she visiting for?

Thanks
    Reviews
    That sounds like a fairy tale wedding lol. Ours was simple. Nothing like that. I just want a relaxing wedding because that's my DH's style.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Re religion, I think it's so personal. I don't like people that preach religion in your face. To me, we all have rights to believe or not. We get to choose.

Not all my families are religious. Some don't some do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes that's the one thing I don't like about religion. So many wars started over it. And it's so divisive. But if its not religion it would be something else. This is humans. We will always find a way to divide and to conquer. With religion it's just so hard to make people see rationally tho. Some people take it so literally and their answer is its all in the name of their religion. Anyways I still believe in God or some form of almighty power. Like you minib it gives me the strength to go on and to continue fighting.

How frustrating @bbhope. How much was delivery cost? As for mum staying over you could just get an inflatable mattress and put it in the living room. Lol. But I'm glad you got rid of all your unwanted furniture. I need to get rid of a book shelf and a coffee table.
    Try to take it easy and not lift anything too heavy. Not worth hurting yourself. Just get dh to do it if you can.
    Last edited by Gelati; 10-08-2015 at 22:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: I'll only allow my mom to stay here for 2 weeks. I told her that i'll buy the ticket once the bub is born so she doesn't have to waste extra time here. She needs to work. I didn't want her to stay any longer because it is more stress and maybe more unpleasant time for us. eg: She will not allow me to drink plain water but date teas/rice water. I explained to her that there is no scientific evidence to suggest that it isn't good but she just sighed and got frustrated. I am sure that that's what she would allow me to drink when she is here. I gather that this is from the chinese confinement culture. I think minib told me about it. Haha...inflatable mattress. We have one and even a single foldable camping bed. They are so uncomfortable, though. I would be classified as the most cruel daughter if i do that. We have an old double bed when i first moved in. It is stored upright against the wall. I'll set it up for my mom in this second bedroom along with bub's stuff and boxes. Now, you know why i can't set up bub cot and chest of drawer at all in the same bedroom. No more space after the double bed.

The delivery cost is only $20. I'm annoyed because i was there to buy. Luckily, i did get some stuff without being a waste of time trip. It was a waste of time to buy them online in the end because i needed to fill in some many stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Nah...we only had the wedding back at my hometown because my parents wanted one. We just let my parents do whatever tradition/superstitious things they wanted. It was a culture shock for DH despite having DVD tutorial of what's going to happen. We just threw parties at his hometown and my friends a year later. Our way.