Closed Thread
Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So @Gelati your change table / bath will be in the bathroom then? My bathroom isn't big enough for it. I have been thinking about bath. My DH is very tall and I want him to bath the baby. Not sure how to set it up high enough for him so he doesn't hurt his back.

Oh parenthood there's one in malvern. I'll go there. Not far from me. Thanks! Never heard of mamma and papa shop but will google.

That's nice that your mum knitted a blanket. I love that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - my bathroom isn't big enough either so I'll be using it in the laundry as I also have a big table in there. The change station has wheels so will be wheeling in and out. My friend recommended it cos it's cheap and you can just throw it out once ur done with it. It also comes with shelves underneath and hanging baskets to our stuff in. Apparently that's convenient for bathing / changing. It's also high for dh to use. Hope it's not too high for me tho. Lol.

Oh no mummas & papas shop. They stock at baby buntings and I got mine at that baby warehouse pop up shop. Also got some towels from there.

I went to the one in malvern too 😊 they still have the prints I got so have a look. Think they are half price
    Last edited by Gelati; 09-08-2015 at 08:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also bought a sleeping bag from ergo cocoon. Babies r us has 30% off. Thot it would be good to use when the are in the pram too. I bought toggle 1.0. It can still be cold in oct. But it's so hard to decide what bub needs now. He might hate the sleeping bag. Lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya. I think love to dream is like a swaddle sleeping bag. They are like $35 each on sale. I will look at ergo cacoon. As you said, Bub might hates it. For swaddling, I will just use Muslin wrap or flannel sheet, although I am not sure my mom would let me because it isn't the culture. None of my friends did. Haha...ya, gelati. The bed set is so expensive. That's why I haven't bought any. Ya, I am trying to find a nice blanket too.

Oh....baby tends to grow big with GD. The reason for inducing. I am a small build. OB hasn't talked about the birth options because he doesn't want to scare his patient off by mentioning inducing and c-section. People will interpret it as pushy for their convenient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeh same with my OB. Doesn't seem to want to discuss it. Probably too early anyways but he's got a, let's wait and see attitude. But i get the feeling he doesn't shy away from c section.

i have actually read that a lot of babies as a result of GD are not that big at all cos the mums have been on a very good diet. Unlike me who is eating a brownie as we speak. I will be good from monday. :P

Is it a culture thing to not swaddle? what are the reasons?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure about the culture. My mum never said anything about not swaddling. She knows I'll be doing it and she said yep. I think my mum has decided to embrace the new tradition in Australia. I'll ask her why chinese doesn't swaddle next time.

My ob also doesn't want to talk about birthing yet. He said too early. We discuss after 30 weeks but I know he def doesn't shy away from c section. I know a few friends had c section with him.

I always thought for baby, all we need is mattress protector and sheet. Not a whole bed set. They will need blanket but isn't that separate?

It's true thought our babies might not like a lot of things so we shouldn't get too excited and buy too much now.

The laundry is a great idea @Gelati. We checked our laundry today. Perfect for DH. So I'll get a little tub to put in the laundry. Separate change table for nursery. Can't use the one combined with bath as we have double story house and can't wheel the thing around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe glad to hear @Minib. I didn't even want to try maneuvering around in the bathroom. Usually laundry has more table space than bathroom anyways. Perfect for a baby bath tub! Will only start using bathroom once bub is being bathed in the bath tub. Not looking forward to that day. Can just see water going everywhere!!!

All i know about swaddling is not to do the legs too tight. They've now realised this can cause hip problems. i think that's why a lot of people use sleeping bags cos it's easier.....you don't have to worry about doing it too loose or tight. It'll be interesting to know why chinese don't believe in swaddling.

Usually the blanket / quilt comes separate to the sheet set. I can't remember if the sheet set comes with a pillow case but i know the cot blanket / quilt did and it's weird cos baby doesn't need a pillow?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know where this no swaddling thing coming from. Both my asian and western friends didn't swaddle their baby. They just said that baby likes their arms up. Two of them did try with the muslin wraps. That's why i think love to dream might be a good try. Anyway, thanks to @Gelati suggestion, I went to babies r us today to get an ergo cacoon 0.2 and a love to dream summer lite. I figure it is better to be on the cool side than too warm. I figure if bub wants the arms up, i can just unzip the sleeves of ergo cacoon and becomes a sleeping bag type so it isn't a waste. My friend warned me that her baby sleeps naked over the summer here in Perth (with diaper, of course).

Some of the sheet set comes with pillow as well. You don't need a pillow until a toddler stage, i think. I already bought a waterproof undercover. I might need another one once i can be sure that the one i bought fits the mattress. I think it might have been a bit too small but the lady at the shop keeps saying it will fit just fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope i was just about to suggest their zip up arm one. I think for perth it's good to get the lightest one as we are having spring / summer baby. I got the sleeping bag to start off with (0-1yr) mainly for when they are in the pram and not in the cot...like on their play mat etc as likely won't have heating on if it's oct. i'll wait until bub is born and then will go check out the ones you bought. my friends use them and say they are really handy.

you can swaddle with arms in or out. I think when they are just born you swaddle with arms in because it makes them feel safer (as they just came out of the womb) and also it prevents them from waking themselves up or startling themselves as they still don't know how to self sooth themselves back to sleep. But as they grow through the weeks, it's good having arms out cos they can self sooth. I guess it's a learning process as to what works with bub.

i bought bassinet and cot waterproof protector and both were too small. Luckily i can return them Boori seem to have extra large mattresses. Which is good for bub to grow in but not good cos i wanted to use the pretect a bed brand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a boori cot too so which mattress protector is good for it? Don't have a bassinet so no need to worry about protector for it.

Need to figure out sheets as well for the cot.

Always thought better to swaddle with arms in for newborn. I think it's not too late to buy after baby is born.