Closed Thread
Page 91 of 108 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope hopefully bub will come on time and no need for induction. Even if you get induced hopefully all goes well. My friend was induced and had her bub naturally in 3 hrs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also know someone that got induced after a long labour of nothing. And deliver naturally. This was in a private hospital too. No c section or other intervention.
    @Gelati that did sound like a lot of sugar in a week. But you balanced it out during your main meal. I think in moderation would be ok. Don't cut out all sugar as you would end up craving for more. Just try to cut down on portion size instead of cutting it out. Looks like you are bad with sugar and I'm bad with carb. Lol. How do we get a good balance ?

Anyone has plan how to decorate the nursery yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know what we can do @Minib. It's so hard. At least when I wasn't pregnant I could go for a run or to spin class, these days I just feel heavy or tired, can't be bothered doing anything. And a walking just does not cut it. All I can think is I'll lose it after bub is born! Lol. And then try to cut where we can. Next week I'm gonna be good. It's hard to be good during pregnancy.

We've been collecting stuff here and there when we come across good sales. I'm not really going too over board. Just a couple of pictures to hang and maybe some stickers. Also bought a little wooden mobile. I think that'll be it. More importantly I want to get all the stuff next week and set it up to see what else I need for storage. I may go buy a set of drawers from Kmart. What are you girls thinking?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same. I used to gym a bit so now just feel so heavy. And to think I have about 10kgs more to put on, I'm not sure how to handle the weight lol.

I have a cot, change table, nursing chair so far. I think I'll get a couple cute prints, a nice blanket to drape over the cot and some wall stickers. That's it I think. Don't want to make it look too busy plus I don't like clutter. So I haven't found the print, sticker or blanket haha. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I heard a lot about induction leads to intervention -- long labor, epidural and then c-section. I am aiming for 38w. Hope bub stays in there until then. I was told that ob doesn't like to go 40w with GD. Glucose level will get worse as the preg goes on. Something to do with placenta. The placenta might become dysfunction.

Hmm...minib and gelati. I am now eating neither sweet nor carb. I don't think there is a balance point for me at this stage. Ok I cheated today. Because breakfast level was good for the first time (no carb), I had a bowl of noodle soup for lunch. Ya, level went sky rocket. Wait...didn't they tell me vermicelli is ok?! Anyway, no big carb again tonight. As you ladies already said, cut out carb completely isn't a solution. Our body needs it. I just took the first dose of metformin tonight. Stomach is feeling a bit....hope i don't need more than a dose. OB did suggest to up 2 dose after a week. I really hope the drug company is right that it doesn't cross to placenta. I have had so many drugs in this pregnancy that I would rather not to take.

As for the nursery, unfortunately, won't have one right away. no space. We bought the cot and chest of drawer set (as a changing table) but will not be able to set it up until we move. It will be delivered next week. I don't even know where my mom is going to sleeping just yet. I am trying to sell some furnitures on gumtree to make room. My office desk has to go now. Bub might even need to sleep on the same bed with us. I really don't feel like it as am told can be dangerous. My friend offers some kind of bed setting for new born for co-sleeping in the same bed. I am not convinced yet. I might hire a hospital type bassinet temporary.

Anyway, my ideal nursery would be cot, change table/chest of drawer. Some pics and wall decor. A music mobile for the cot (haven't bought one). Fairly simple. That's all bub needs for now anyway. I thought about the glider but baby room won't have space for it so i might get something smallish later down the track, which can be reused at the living or home office.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found some nice bedding set on babies R us but very expensive. I might buy one set. Lol. However, bub cannot use quilt at the beginning anyway. It will be summer so am looking thin blanket. Btw, anyone plans to swaddle the baby? It isn't common where I grew up but I have been thinking about trying love to dream. At least bub arms can be in up position. Not sure if it worths the $.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I bought the prints from parenthood and the stickers from eBay. Stickers are expensive so I only bought 1. And a cheaper pack blanket I bought one nice one from mamma's & pappa's and my mum knitted one. Otherwise I'm just using plain cheap ones.

@bbhope I know which ones u are talking about but Thot they were too expensive. Just got my sheet sets from target. Yeh will be swaddling. I think that's how you put in to sleep in the first 6 weeks right? Why is it expensive? You can get cheap ones from target. I have a mix of target and bubba blue ones.

I wouldn't sleep with bub. Not recommended by sids website. I ended up buying a bassinet for $150. Gives me the option to have bub in the same room as us but I'm sure I'll move him to cot if I find it hard to sleep with him in same room.

I bought a change table and bath all in one instead of drawers cos we have a large wardrobe in there but if we have room I'll buy some more drawers or a cupboard, can never have too much storage .

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I hope met forming doesn't make you too ill and it does the trick. If the OB says it's safe I'm sure it is. I guess it depends on how serious ur GD is as to when they induce. My friend was borderline and managed with just food so she was induced on her due date. She ended up with c section but my other friend who was induced cod she was almost 2 weeks late had a natural birth. If u get Induced early then bub will be smaller and easier to getout. That's my theory anyways 😋

Thanks
    Reviews
    Repeat

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will swaddle the baby I think. But do you mean buying a sleeping bag? I bought one from purebaby. Very cute but I don't know how to use it haha. I don't think a baby will need a quilt to start with. I'm just going to look at a nice blanket. Have been looking at CR, Seed kids, adairs kids, and PB. Nothing grabbed me so far but I have time still.
    @bbhope re co sleeping, I also read it's dangerous. I would think hiring a bassinet is a better option. Bassinet is quite small. Or Moses basket? Can that be used for sleeping? I haven't checked. I don't have either of those. Will use cot straight away.

Oh bbhope your diet is so strict. I would really struggle with it. So sorry you have to go through it.

I do think with gd, ob won't let you go to 40 weeks. 38 weeks is good as already full term. Will you discuss birth option with ob? Maybe ask him more what the plan is.