Closed Thread
Page 90 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Emerald26 your p4 level looks good. And it doesn't matter if you've had higher hcg. This one has been pgd tested. You won't stop worrying. But every milestone will build your confidence. If you are worried, call the ob and ask fir some reassurance. Will you do harmony test? Do you need to after the pgd test?

There is no reason why this isn't your take home baby. It will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls, what are you using for steriliser?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: i am jealous that you are able to eat anything! Well, I had been on this kind of crazy diet before to lose weight. I enjoyed the local food too much when i was on business trips last year. Haggis, asado etc. I wasn't overweight but nearly above my normal BMI after gaining those weights. I decided to lose them before starting the IVF. And I did. Believe it or not, i just read a research study saying low-carb diet doesn't help with GD for most people. The study was conducted with two groups, one with low-carb diet and the other one without. 50% of people in each group ended up with insulin anyway. This really makes me wonder if it is even worth to try to begin with. I don't feel satisfied at all after a meal if you know what i mean.

I did an experiment last night and this morning. I didn't have any carb and my levels were within normal range after 1hr. I have been following the suggested portion of carbs and good carbs but the level just wont' go below normal. Does this mean that should i get rid of carb complete? No, the educator discourages me to do that because our body needs it. Having say that, if the above study is true. I'm better off eating what i like and be on medication. OB said that it won't cross placenta.

Hmmm....i thought only pregnant women are free for the vaccine. DH has to pay, right? I'll call GP and see how much they charge before deciding if we want to go through pharmacy and have the Ob office to jab him. DH isn't very keen to go back to the same GP after the infertility diagnosis. I think it is a man thing.....

It is interesting that you commented about Asian GPs advise people not to get the vaccine, especially they work in Australia. I won't be surprised if it is in Asia. I have seen FB share posts from Asian friends, who live in Asia, advising parents not to let others or even themselves to kiss their baby at very young age. That's because incidents of passing virus and germ that leads to death of babies. I think it is just lack of education. The article doesn't even mention about what kind of virus or germ. I suspect it is whooping cough related. Thus, the reason of encouraging family members who will be in close contact to get the vaccination. It is certainly a personal choice, though. I won't want to put my bub at risk so both DH and I will get it. I also asked my mom to get it back home if she wants to come and visit the baby right after birth.

As for the flu vaccine, I'm not for it at all but I'm seriously thinking about it now. It says that baby can get the antibody from me for up to 6 months, although it depends on the strain that's currently going around. It wont' help to against new strain. It doesnt' contain live virus. The only thing that i am worried is the reaction since i have never had it in my life so there is no way to know in advance. When I had the chicken pox vaccine, i was one of the few who had the reaction. I'll do the whooping cough first and think about the flu one later. Is this free for preg women as well?

Hahaha...minib, my admin colleagues are australian and my other friend who didn't even bother to ask to touch my belly is asian. So i don't know if there is such a thing as culture isn't allowed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think flu vaccine is free for pregnant women. My work offers it for free anyway so I've got that every year for the last 8-9 years I think. I don't have bad reaction to it but have heard some people do. It's true that it's only immune to the current strain not new ones but I figure that's better than nothing.

I also thought whooping cough only free for pregnant women but it doesn't matter. DH, my mum and my dad will get them. The other family members won't be as exposed to the baby so they don't have to. My in laws live further so they won't see our baby everyday. My parents would.
    @bbhope no carb is so hard. I read pregnant women need carb. How do you stay full without carb? Maybe I just love my carb too much. I hope you find the right balance soon and you can still feel satisfied after your meal. Can you eat quinoa, chickpea, etc to stay full?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am thinking to get an used Philip avent steam steriliser. Dh and I grew up with boiling method. Lol. Fancy stuff these days.

Even with min carb, I didn't feel full......as I said, this diet is crazy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope - I think it's important to still have high carb food when pregnant. You will always get carb from any food so you can never go no carb but it's high carb food that usually you could avoid. Before I was pregnant I could cut out all high carb food and still get full. I replaced with egg, sweet potato, pumpkin and nuts. I also ate lots of vegies and more protein. But for me it's hard to cut out sugars such as cake so I always caved. But it wasn't cos I was hungry. Now that I'm pregnant it's hard to fully cut it out. I crave bread and rice. I think if you can manage your GD with medicine safely then maybe do that. I have heard of a few people managing diabetes on a low carb diet but never heard it helps with GD.

Yep it's free for DH too. As long as u are over 28 weeks. My hubby didn't pay. Ok yeh I will get te whooping cough but not flu. I don't believe in flu vaccine and never had it. I work with ppl who get it every year and they're more sick than I ever am. I just make sure I eat right, exercise and get enough sleep. That seems to be enough for me. But whooping cough seems to be quite scary so I'll get the vaccine for that. My mum will get it too.

@Minib I'm using the avent sterilizer. But same as Bhope, I grew up with just boiling

@bbhope I'm eating too much sugar again. Gotta reign myself in again. Not healthy for me or bub. Next week will be a healthy week for me. I always seem to go one week good one week bad.

I hope bub isn't in breech position again next scan. If it is I will need to start doing some exercises that will hopefully help in turning the baby. Bbhope was bub still positioned down for you in last scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bub was head down on my last scan. I don't feel his head but his butt siting high up against my rib. I always wonder what's on my right hand side as I felt kick or punch all the time there. They say that bub can turn anytime! Despite he is head down now, it doesn't mean he will be when he is ready to come out. I do preg yoga but I don't know if it helps.

With GD, inducing is common which leads to other cascade intervention as I was told.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati when you say you've had a bad week with sugar, how much sugar are we talking about? What did you have ?

To be honest it's hard to cut out sugar, cereal has sugar. And I have that almost daily. Even the healthiest cereal has sugar. I don't like oat. I like muesli though.

Cool I'm thinking of getting avent microwave one. Less space required. Don't like stuff lying around on kitchen bench. All I have on kitchen bench is a toaster and a kettle. So true all these new fancy stuff, mum used boiling water for me too. What other option available back then?

Good to know hubby gets whooping cough vaccine for free.

Eat right, exercise and keep healthy are probably the best thing to fight winter cold anyway. The flu vaccine doesn't immune you to a normal cold. Healthy lifestyle works better to fight a cold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What do you mean @bbhope? Inducing means more intervention as in c section?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib - I'm bad last week. In one day I had 2 pancakes and a 1.5 piece of choc cake. Another day I had a maxi Bon and a gay time. Today I had ice cream with coke and two crumpets with maple syrup. At least for main meal I didn't have high carb or sugar. Just omelette etc. but obviously the other stuff was pretty bad. Urgh I feel gross just typing it!

@bbhope I feel bub is all over the place. Sometimes kicks are below sometimes above. I think he moves everytime I sit with my feet up on the couch or read in bed. Probably bad to sit that way.