Closed Thread
Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope are you feeling the kicks change? I feel like bub is now stick it's leg or elbows out and pushing / rubbing against my belly. I can feel it go from one side to the other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ya, i feel movement rather than kick these days. I feel like he is rolling here and there. Whenever he has hiccup, he really is making a fuss after a while. Poor little guy. He likes to lean on my right, though. I tried sleeping on my side again and he was OK in the last couple of nights. Sleeping recline isn't good for my neck and back without proper reclining chair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I can feel him roll around. Today is the first time I've felt him stick something out and it staying out. I could feel it and had to push in it a bit and then he retracted it back it. These movements are strong now too. Sometimes it makes me jump, I'm like woah!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've tried to not sleep on my back but it's hard to stay on your side all night. Sometimes I wake up and I'm on my back. It's getting harder to turn in bed now. More of a struggle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ya, I have one spot that I feel pressure. Maybe his foot. I don't know. Sometime I also have the whoah moment. He was particularly active during meetings. Maybe too many people talking and he got curious or got annoyed about the noise.

I can't believe that my admin colleagues still asking when thy could touch my belly when he moves. I said he is sleeping all the time now. Grr...I thought they would forget. Do u think I'm being not nice? I am not sure if I want to let them touch once and get it over with. I meant some friends do touch without asking. But the deliberately asking to come over so that they could feel him move sound a bit too personal to me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I think you should do what makes you comfortable and not what your colleagues ask or want. Just keep telling them it's hard to time. Or just say, oh he's not kicking atm sorry. I'm sure they'll get the idea and if not there's not long before you go on May leave anyways. I'm not sure if they're being rude or they are just extra friendly. I've never had this request before other than from my mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, the request is just weird. They just said that their kids are all grown up now and they are excited for me. They miss the baby movement.......Anyway, i am not comfortable to have someone touching around my belly so much.

I have been seeing OB weekly now because of the glucose level. Bub is all on track today. ~1.3kg. Judging from my diet dairy, he thinks that i have insulin resistance rather than not having enough insulin. I am now put on metformin. He said that it will make me sick. Oh dear....i thought 3rd trimester morning sickness?!? And i am officially lose weight after 2 weeks of this crazy diet. My afternoon seems to be fine just the morning and evening one. Morning one is easy to explain. Somehow after a night of fasting, the level just shoots up no matter what i eat. The insulin isn't doing its job quick enough. The evening one...i don't know. I am not eating carb tonight and see if it makes a different. Even i ate carb, it is very small portion and the recommended type.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh...apparently, OB office stocks whooping cough vaccine so they can just do it for me. As for DH, they just suggested us to buy it from the pharmacy which stocks it and then they will do it for DH as well. It sounded like it is quite difficult to find one that stocks it!

Hmmm....OB also suggests flu vaccine. Is this normal? I have never had flu vaccine in my life so i don't know if i would have any reaction to it. I am not so keen on this one, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope oh poor thing. I hope it doesn't make you too unwell. Wow losing weight. Is that meant to happen when you go on GD diet? I suppose it's good if you are still eating healthy and getting all the vitamins you need. Better not to put on too much unnecessary weight. i'm definitely not losing any weight. Continue to be crave sugar and carbs. Try to reduce my intake but i still have some. I've sort of given up now and think i'll just lose it after the baby comes. lol. That's unusual that it's higher in the mornings after not eating all night. When is the metformin expected to kick in? Hopefully it does the trick.

You and DH should get the whooping cough for free so make sure you aren't OOP. I do know they recommend the flu vaccine but i've never had it and don't want to start now. Actually my mum questioned whether i should get the whooping cough one because she's worried about side effects on the baby. I know the internet said it's fine but what do you think? Some of the GPs who are from Asia said it's not a good idea to put any of that stuff into your body while pregnant. I dunno.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm so sorry to hear this GD has really been challenging. Feeling sick in third trimester isn't fun at all.

My OB recommended flu vaccine too. But I have that yearly anyway. Once I'm pregnant, both GP and OB straight away told me to vaccinate. Even the ivf nurse.
    @Gelati you should def get the whooping cough as a minimum. The side effect is at least your baby is slightly immune to it until he gets the 6 week jab. Otherwise he's exposed to it. I must say I'm a believer of immunisation though.

To me, it's riskier without vaccine so I never even think about it.
    @bbhope losing weight isn't a bad thing during pregnancy as long as you are eating right and baby on track. Don't people say we should stop eating for two. I'm def eating for two. That's my problem.

I also don't like people touching my belly. My mum never even do that. Not in our culture mum said.

I'm also trying not to sleep on my back but I just naturally roll to my back during the night I think. Oh well, ob said it's fine because if I feel dizzy my body would know what to do anyway. He even said I could sleep on my right side, not just left.