Closed Thread
Page 86 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No rebate with ivf @bbhope! eek! So glad you are pregnant now. I've seen so many ladies do 16 or 17 rounds of ivf and still nothing. I really feel for them it must be just heartbreaking and the amount of money spent on it Life can really suck sometimes. You just tell your colleague that the PPl scheme was introduced so mothers could have longer with their babies or they didn't have to return back to work full time straight away. It was to supplement paid mat leave and that's why you can get both. It's not like person writing that policy made a mistake and now there's a loop hole. It's there deliberately. Liberal have just put the word 'double dipping' into people's minds but they have a political agenda (which changes every second day). People are just such sheep sometimes. It is not double dipping. It was introduced for this purpose to get both.

Hopefully your paid mat leave isn't subsidised by the PPL. That would be unfortunate and almost false advertising by your employer. You girls are right. I'll get both at the same time. Don't want to miss out. I'll just get a bigger tax return for 15/16.

haha i don't think my bub likes it either. I feel him squirming about a little when he gets them. Hiccup feeling is quite light tho...like a very mini kick (that is to rhythm) so it can be easily missed if i'm not concentrating.

Oh yes sorry i did get rebate but was OOP for the gap. Can't remember how much it was but first one was over $200 and then second was over $100. i'm not sure i paid for the GCT test...but maybe that's stil in the mail. My OB stamps it with bulk billed. So you mean there's no rebate for the 34 week scan? maybe cos it's not necessary?

Yeh my manager has no clue either. I will need to ask HR. They sent me an email to read with all the documents so really need to get onto that.

haha @Minib maybe it is faulty. but he is old school and uses the hand pump one so i'm guessing it can't be faulty? my mum suggested i take my machine in with me when i go next time. hahha.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Off topic. We have never figured out what sort of common deduction we can actually claim on tax return. We always end up no deduction. With PR, the only good benefit that we enjoy is the medicare. No.....we don't have any investment property. If you don't mind me asking, what sort of stuff we can claim and aren't aware of. If you prefer not to say in public, please PM me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah ya. I was also told that the good time to get the whooping cough vaccine is after 32w. I won't wait too long just in case bub decides to come early. I am asking my mom to get it back home if she wants to come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha..this thread moves so fast when we all online at the same time.

You have said it all @Gelati. I'll just go straight to HR. We haven't filed our tax, though. I think it is due at the end of Oct? Is it best to wait until the bub is born to do the tax claim or just file it now and worry about the claiming etc until next year cycle?

No, the pathlab that i went to without any queue doesnt do bulk billed both times despite OB ticked the bulk billed box. They even sent me the invoices. I have to pay them first and then claim medicare. Perhaps the other lab is a bit more popular, which I have never gotten a bill from them and they deal with medicare directly as it seems.

Edit: Oh...ya...gonal-f is $560+ a pen without medicare rebate. I used two that cycle. My priv insurance only gave me $36 back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope the tax year finished on 30 June 2015 so you should do your tax now before bub arrives. Otherwise you won't have time to do it. If you have a tax agent, then you have more time before it's due. Any deduction with the bub will be included in 15/16 tax return now.

Common tax deduction: mileage if you use your car for work purpose but you need to have a log book in case you get audited. There are a few different methods to claim mileage. Donations are also tax deductible. Home office so internet, desk, etc. income generated loan eg margin loan. Uniform if it's a job requirement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I never got a good deduction doing it on my own so now I use a tax agent. The return more than covers the fee and I always get more back using one. I'd do it before bub arrives because you may not have time after. Also good to get the ppl claim started now so you can start getting paid as soon as possible.

Oh I just got one cost. No idea what they cost individually and my privTe insurance only gave me rebate for day procedures. Nothing else was covered. But yeh Medicare gave back the biggest chunk. Unfortunate my FET and fresh fell on diff years otherwise I could have received more back

Thanks
    Reviews
    It looks like i might have to try a tax agent. Oh...it was a pity that they got rid of the medical OOP expenses claim for tax deduction. I was betting on it given that we were OOP completely for IVF last year. I ended up owning the tax because a new enrollment into the medicare. Hahah...i thought after i got married, DH will do my tax. LOL. Australia tax form is so lengthy. It is so confusing that they are using calendar year for medicare safety net and financial year for everything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I didn't know you could
    Claim oop expenses? That would have been awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4?

Yes, it used to be. It is called net medical expenses offset. the threshold was like $10k(?) oop. That's like 2 cycles per year. They changed the policy last year. They are phasing it out the scheme. (this govt is cutting this and that!) Only people who had claimed the previous year are eligible and can continue to claim this year. So we missed out by a year.
    Last edited by bbhope; 05-08-2015 at 13:37.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh bummer. Does that mean everything over 10k you could claim
    back? Although come to think of it I don't think I exceeded 10k out of pocket.