Closed Thread
Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope i've read that too as well. It's a good sign of a healthy developing baby. I just felt some hiccups then after i finished eating dinner :P I heard that if there is excessive hiccuping it could be a sign of cord accident. Maybe i should stop googling these things?!?! hahaha. Just stress myself out.

Oh that's horrible your workplace is saying that. How rude! i would be so offended if someone at work said that to me. I'm horrified at how rude your colleagues are. So did you find out if you can get PPl direct to your bank account? Also i don't think PPL is reduced based on your entitlements at work. It is based on yoru salary. If you earn over 150k i don't think you are eligible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    just read that you can't get paid directly into bank account if you meet all of the following points
    • have worked for them for 12 months or more before the expected date of birth or adoption. For Australian Public Service (APS) employees, all APS employment is included in the employment period
    • will be their employee until at least the end of your Paid Parental Leave period
    • are an Australian-based employee, and
    • expect to receive at least 8 weeks of Parental Leave Pay

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Why do people make comment about ppl as double dipping. That's just silly. It's what it is. If you are entitled for it, then of course get it. Not everyone is entitled to it. I get a bit annoyed about people making comment like that. I could have said the same thing about baby bonus when it existed. I would just ignore those comments. I don't even talk about these things because it's not even a discussion topic to me. It's just what it is.

It's $150k taxable income so if you have plenty of deduction eg negative gearing, etc then could still qualify

I'm not sure why my ob requested a scan at 34 weeks. I think it's just one of his things. He also doesn't have the machine to measure baby in his room. Can only see movement and heartbeat. The 34 week scan is def oop. All scans have been oop anyway right?

I figured it's nice to see my bub at 34 weeks because there is no other scan in between.

If you have big baby, I'm sure you can still try for natural. If it's a breech then I don't think so? But I could be wrong.

I'm trying to finish work at 37 week. I mentioned 38 week once and people think I'm crazy so for now I just say 37 weeks.

I PM emerald26. She's waiting for the official BT before letting us know. She's only HPT so far. So I'm going to wait for her official announcement when she pops in to this thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So @Gelati you are saying I will get my ppl through my employer? I don't have a problem with that as my employer still pay the 12 week anyway. Have checked with plenty of people at work. I'll also get the payment upfront as I'd rather money in my account

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeh exactly @Minib. It is what it is. People can be so unhappy at other people's good fortune sometimes. I think that's what it is. As if they wouldn't apply for it if they were eligible and in our position. I really don't like people like that. Doesn't sit right with me. I mean if you are ripping off the system then that's a different story (like why should i work if i can get the same amount on benefits - that doesn't sit well with me but that's a diff story - and argument so let's not get into that here lol)

oh taxable income. So i'm guessing one of your evidence is 14/15 tax return? Yep you would need employer to pay you if you meet those dot points. Normally it shouldn't be a problem. I wouldn't expect my employer to even bat an eyelid. Did you know your hubby can get 2 weeks too if work doesn't give him paid paternal leave? I think that's pretty good

I'm going to take my mat leave pay (14 weeks) at full (rather than half). Like you said, would rather it up front. Are you going to get your PPL at the same time as work paid mat leave? i'm thinking of starting the work one after 18 weeks of PPL is paid but not sure...maybe bird in the hand is better unless they change something! hahah.

Oh i won't PM emerald until she officially announces it. She may want to wait until after her first or second scan. Completely understandable if she does.

Yes i would like a 34 week scan but i feel bad pushing for it as i'm sure my OB thinks i'm a nutcase. he'd def write up the referral if i push for it but everytime i have it's been unnecessary. He probably thinks i like playing dr! which i dont...i just want to do what everyone else seems to be doing. Anyways see how next appointment goes. I measured BP again tonight and it was 116-122 / 60-66 so completely normal. No idea why i'm so high at his clinic. thinking of going into GPs and getting BP tested again. I got it tested at GPs about 2 weeks ago and they didn't say anything so i'm guessing it was normal then. I don't see how everytime i'm at the OB i test 140/70 and last time 150/80 when i haven't registered anywhere near that on the home one.

Going to book in whooping cough vaccination soon. My ob said i can do it anytime.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My colleague was actually the one who brought up the govt PPL. I just said that the work PPL is a better deal given that it isn't minimum wage. When i brought up taking govt PPL after coming back to work part time or before hand to help financially, that's when she commented that. It isn't worth argue about so i just ended the conversation. You are so right. It isn't like we are stealing. We work and pay our taxes like everyone else for many years. We were OOP full for our first round of IVF when we weren't PR (no medicare help) and the priv insurance screw us completely (no rebate too). And she doesn't even have to go through these to get a baby so shut up now. We are all entitled to what is available to us.

Hahah....$150k. I can only dream to have that salary if i continue to stay at my work place. Only the director, ie. highest level has that. Even one level step down of that is less than $150k. And I am 4 level step down.

Yes, Gelati, that's what i found out as well. You can only get govt PPL through employer. I have just sent my manager an email and see if i am entitled to get the govt PPL. It has nothing to do with my salary but i heard the rumor that part of work PPL is actually coming from govt PPL. The reason we have longer PPL than most companies.

LOL. Gelati. Stop googling. Bub is fine with hiccup. I don't think mine like it that much because he will kick so hard after a while!

As for the scan, I got some medicare rebates for 12w and 20w scan. Same goes with 12w and 26w BT + GTT. OOP for gap on these. I wonder if only some path labs do bulk billed for 12w BT + GTT. Small amount OOP on these. Since I didn't have to queue up like the other pathlab so happy to pay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: my advice is to get the govt PPL at the same time or even before bub is born. It has to be commenced within certain period. i won't risk not getting part of it later on down the track if policy changes.

Our work will pay 2w for DH as partner leave at the beginning so wont' eligible for the govt father's leave.

Just got a reply from my manager. Grr..she doesnt' know and directs me to HR and that colleague. Guess who I would ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh...don't feel bad about asking OB for more. I'm a very pushy patient. After my first miscarriage, I just like to take things in my hand for something i can't control. I know it sounds silly but i would rather be less stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I get Medicare rebate for my 13 and 20 week scan too but still oop a bit. Think the 20 week scan was around $300 before rebate. Can't remember the rebate but given we've reached the safety net, I wonder if I got more rebate.

Yep gelati. They will assess it based on the last tax return so make sure you claim as much as you can to get under $150k.

Ob told me to get whooping cough vaccine around 30-32 weeks. DH can get it anytime but might as well get it done the same time. My parents will get it too as after us, they will be the ones that have most interaction with bub.
    @Gelati could it be your ob bp equipment is dodgy. Lol. Maybe you should ask him

I'm getting work mat leave at the same time as govt ppl if I can. When I finish up work I will take annual leave for 4 weeks then I want all my ppl haha. Hubby is getting two weeks pay from his work.

Don't worry my ob also thinks I've been googling too much and ask for things that he doesn't think is necessary lol. See how you feel at 32 weeks. If you still want a scan, then ask for it.

Oh wow @bbhope no Medicare rebate for ivf sucks. Good thing you are pr now.

And yep don't get me started on benefit. I am not happy with how much of my salary goes to tax and ended up with people that are milking the system

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my manager wouldn't know all these details too. He will just direct me to hr. I didn't even bother to ask my boss. I emailed hr and they sent me the form for work ppl. Re govt one, I can't apply yet. Too early still I think