Closed Thread
Page 84 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No....only fingers for GD testing. Arm and palm are for testing different thing. I am not sure if the diet is really helping me. OB had a look at my values on Fri and he was only concerned about those >10 at 1hr mark. He was quite puzzled about for some of the values because food like croissant, avocado, cheese and tomato don't contain much sugar and yet I got >10 value. He just wanted me to keep going on the diet for another week. Let the diabetes educator to decide if it is working. He saw me on fri to check if I need to go on insulin straight away.

Haha...he said that this kind of diet should be for life not just for pregnancy. I laughed and said that i don't have any problem before pregnant and I seriously don't enjoy this kind of diet! Kinda boring. I am going to lose weight for sure. I just don't feel satisfying after each meal and constantly hungry. Portion control is torture. I did that to lose few kgs before the IVF. It was not that i was obese but thought it would be healthy to lose some fat.

I have asked so many people on BH and everyone was told to do 2hrs post-meal. I really feel like the 1hr limit is way too strict. The suggested level for me is equal to 2hrs post-meal limit for some of the ladies. Sure, i can see why 2hrs can be a problem for me in the morning because breakfast portion is so tiny that i can't wait 2hrs to have a snack. I had a small dinner last night and woke up 3am starving so I snacked something. Baby got woken up by my super loud stomach noise. LOL. Then, after breakfast, the level was high but wasn't super high like the last few days. I guess it is the first meal that causes the sharp spike. Anyway, the values are all over the place. Insulin is actually good for me and the baby so i might be better off to be on it and enjoy my food a bit more.

As for the expo, i got some good product info. I didn't check out all of them, though. Some have very good discount and some don't. I am good at controlling myself in term of buying so only bought few items. I got a small what to expect guide (1--5 yrs) from one of the booths. DH read it and found it useful. My friend bought quite a bit since they had a lot of suitable stuff for toddler. Will i spend $20 entrance fee? No. Two people would be $40. The expo gave away a lot of free tickets and i got one.

Ya, we have kids market as well. I went to one in May. The next one at the same location is at the end of this month. I am not sure if it is similar in melbourne. It is good except it can be difficult to find specific items. There are plenty of baby clothes for sure. $1 each! I think I'll go to the baby second hand shop next time first to look for specific items.

Hmm...i won't worry too much about one off reading. Perhaps you were in a rush coming to the appt. When is your next appt? Bub still has time to turn. I read that they only run out of space until ~32w.

As for the name, DH is just too lazy to help me think. He just doesn't feel the urgent need. Men.......I am looking online at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: no, no one cleaned up the spill. I really couldn't imagine what would happen if i fell. I hurt my toes, though. No biggie. Oh...actually, i have a name picked up in my language but it won't fit with hubby last name. I think it is a very nice name with good meaning but i might have to pass it on to my brother when he has kids.

I am getting very big now. I don't realize how big i am until i look at the mirror. I can't imagine belly will get even bigger!

ps: I am also off work at 38w. I actually won't mind him come at 38w because it is considered full term. I certainly want him to stay in before that. No break if that's the case, though.
    Last edited by bbhope; 03-08-2015 at 23:13.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib did she?? That's awesome news. Which thread was that on? I'll have to PM her

Great news MS is gone. Eating smaller meals i better for you and bubs anyways. I wonder why my OB is not that keen to do 34 weeks scan unless something is wrong with belly meSurement. Should I push for it? I have a feeling he leans towards c section but not sure.

@bbhope I wonder why you have 1 hr and everyone else has 2? If you have insulin shot does that mean you don't need to do finger prick anymore? Maybe that's the better solution.

Wow you ladies are working up to 38weeks? I was thinking 36-37 weeks. I guess it depends how I feel and if this high blood pressure thing is an issue. Hopefully just a one off reading. My readings at home seem normal but will go with OB's reading.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: ya, would like to know where she posted as well. I need to congrats here.

OB didn't ask me to do the 30 or 34w proper scan either. He scans me at every of our appt and now measurement of head and stomach for growth every 2w. He put it on the chart two weeks ago and told me bub is 50 percentile. If you want to see bub in 3D, perhaps it might be good to do it at 34w. It depends on the OB whether 34w proper scan is needed, i guess. I am going with the flow at this point. I feel like my OB is leaning toward inducing given the GD.

I guess it depends on the diabetes educator. She likes the 1hr. No, i still need to do finger prick even with insulin. However, i feel like it is a better control to make sure bub doesn't get too much sugar. I feel so bad that they have to prick him when he is less than 1 day old and they might have to feed him some sugar.

Yes, 38w is the goal. It isn't much long to go now and i still have a pile of work to finish!

My hands have been swollen since 12w. As long as feet aren't, i am not worried. Pre-eclampsia is quite rare so just monitor your BP more often then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope my OB doesn't have the ability to measure on his ultrasound. He just checks hear beat and position. He seems to think if belly is normal size then baby will be fine. Is that weird? I suppose if they tell me I've got a big baby I'll still want to try for natural anyways so is there any other reason for 34 week scan? Is it to check if baby is healthy?

Aw poor bub. I think all newborns get a prick on the base of their feet anyways. It's hard to watch. Poor little things. Well if the results are still not quite there I'm sure they'll put you on insulin soon enough. That sux that you still need to do finger prick test.

Yeh hoping that it's just one off. I see OB is 2 weeks now that it's third trimester

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: i forgot that your OB doesn't have the machine to do the measurement. Then, i'll push for a scan. I don't know how accurate fundal height is. Can it be affected if you are a bit fatter or skinner? Even the scan, it isn't perfect but it is quite important to know if bub is growing big or small. eg: Bub stomach is on the small size for his head size but it is just under 50% so he isn't worried. If it is too far off, then it will signal a problem. Fluid level is important as well, i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'll ask my OB next time I see him. He seems quite adamant that I don't need one but I'll ask him about the stomach Etc. He may be quite old school in that regard and think it's not necessary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can always get one from GP. Then, it would be OOP. I read that some even measure femur length. BTW, did your bub hiccup much? Mine is doing it like twice a day. I am sure it is hiccup because the kick is too periodic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure if I get a formal 34 week Us it will still be OOP. Probably same cost as the other ultrasounds we paid for. I would like to get a scan just to make sure everything is ok. But even if it's not is there anything I can do about it? I'd still like to know tho.

Oh yeh I have felt a few. I always feel it when im in a certain position? Maybe the baby doesn't get enough oxygen in those positions? i have read that hiccups are a result of lack of oxygen? Is this correct?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They can do something about it if says the fluid level is low. If baby is big, they might want to induce early etc.

Funny. I only read positive comments about hiccups so far. It just says that baby nerve system is mature enough to do that. It is a sign of a healthy baby.

The govt PPL is doing my head in. I am not going to discuss this with my admin colleagues anymore. One of them just straight out telling me that it is double dipping. I can see why some people might think that but they have never thought about most parents don't go back full time after company PPL. The money from the govt PPL during that time will help to subside the living expenses later on. I didn't want to argue. She was entitled $5k baby bonus back then. can i say she is double dipping as well? Since she is getting company PPL and baby bonus at the same time. There isn't any more baby bonus so govt PPL is the only extra. Anyway, the rumor is that I might not even eligible for the govt PPL because the generous work PPL is actually subsided by the govt as part of the govt PPL. Ya, just when you both ladies said my work PPL is unheard of. Hehe....i just thought it is the perk for working here with less pay.