Closed Thread
Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: i dont need a lot of blood. I tried to notch down 0.5 but no blood coming out so it looks like i have found my lower limit. I'm not sure exactly if slow eating helps. All i know is that glucose level will spike right after eating. That's For 30 mins eating time, 1 hr testing just seems to be too soon. Like tonight, i started eating at 7pm but the left over portion was very small so i decided to make myself a small omelette with a lot of veges. By the time, i finished, it was 45 mins since i started the meal. I'm so sure that the level will be super high if i test basically 15 mins later.

Yes, if diet can't control it, they will put me on insulin. DH thinks it might be a better idea but i read somewhere that it has negative effect on bub after birth. I don't know and will have to ask OB about this. The glucose level problem is known from the start of my pregnancy. I keep suspecting the steroid has messed up my system somehow, although i know some ladies didn't have any problem after they quit steroid. Perhaps i am just more prone to the effect of steroid + genetic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mmm if it takes you that long to eat then I would ask them because it may mean you test a bit later? I think they should tell you to test xx hrs after you finish eating rather than start eating. As long as you continuously eat. Not like start then stop for awhile then start again. Hopefully you can control it just with diet but if not don't try to manipulate results to prevent insulin. Being above the treshold without controlling it can be quite dangerous to bubs and mum from what I've read.

Do the finger pricks hurt? At least you are off the clexane injections now.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4?

Ya, I will ask the educator and OB about the rest time. When I did 2hrs after I was done eating the first day, all values are within normal. I was on diet that day.

Actually, the lowest setting that gets me enough blood doesn't hurt much at all. It is the needle phobia in my mind when doing it myself. I don't have any problem when people do it for me, though. But not a single time did I ask DH to inject any needle on me because I had more control on the process. Like clexane will give u a big bruise and severe pain if it hits a vein and you keep pushing in. I learnt it in a hard way. Better to pull out and find an easy spot.

I only use 3 fingers, which seems to be less tender and tougher than the wedding and pinky fingers. I tried the wedding ring finger and It was kind of hurt with the same setting. I tried to notch down another 0.5 this evening but that literally didn't punch deep enough to get any blood. With my lowest setting, I don't see blood flowing out automatically like with higher setting. I have to squeeze for it but enough for the machine to read. Honesty, IVF needle and clexane are worse since u have to see the needle and push it in slowly, inject everything with a shaky hand. For this, It is a very quick prick. I also only did on the side of my finger near finger nails as described on the manual. I read that finger tip and the pad will hurt a lot because of them being more sensitive.

Well, if I have a choice, I would rather not flog the finger pricking. It is just another thing to remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Glad it doesn't hurt too much bbhope. You are brave to do it yourself. I needed dh to do it. Luckily it didn't hurt. I find it hurts less when you do it fast. But never had clexane so don't know about the vein part. The IVF needles were pretty thin.

Hope you can go with the 2 hr test time. Sounds like you are ok on that one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: Was it your appt today? The finger pricking is starting to hurt. My hands are a bit swollen and fingers have become a bit sensitive. I'm starting to say ouch!

How was the weekend, ladies?

I went to the baby expo with a friend who i avoided the whole last year when she was pregnant. She was also the one who asked us if we are planning to have second kid when we met last month for lunch. I thought she has done it all. Guess what? She asked me why i didn't tell her that we were trying. I should have questioned her back that she didn't tell me either! I am too nice. I just said that some people don't tell because what if it doesn't work (in our case it is true). Actually, i should have just said that it is private and none of your business. LOL. Anyway, she went on and telling me a friend of her was doing IVF and failed. Her friend stopped talking to her (ya, i can see why). I explained to her that people in that situation would prefer to be left alone. They would tell her if there is news. I really hope that she got the hints that not everyone wants to share such a private matter. I am also glad that i didn't tell her that I did IVF.

Anyway, i had a great time at the baby expo. I escaped a fall on the way to lunch, though. I accidentally stepped on spilled milk shake on the floor and slipped. Luckily, there was a hand rail next to me!

Oh...I am just counting how many ladies on the other thread have birth before 38w and it is about half. This makes me so nervous about the whole birth thing now. We haven't cleaned up the room or come up with a name for the baby.........Hubby always tells me that we still have time but i just feel unease of not preparing anything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear fingers are hurting @bbhope. Poor thing i really do feel for you. Is there anywhere else you can prick other than the finger? Is the diet helping with reducing your levels? I've heard that once you know what you can eat and get a consistent level you may not need to prick as often because you know what it will be.

Mmm your friend sounds a bit clueless really. Maybe she doesn't even realise she's being so insensitive and intrusive. sounds like a good idea that you didn't tell her you were doing iVF. But at least she went to the expo with you so that's good. Did you find any good stuff there? I just found out that we have a kids market here near my suburb. Wish i knew earlier. I would have bought more things second hand. Doh. It's only on once every 3 months.

I know what you mean. If bub comes before week 38 we are in a bit of a pickle too. Maybe we should start setting up the kiddie room. i might organise to pick up our baby stuff next weekend. I spose the days will go by quite quickly so better to get things done sooner rather than later.

Yep i had my OB appointment today and no GD so pretty relieved about that. Belly measurement has eased a bit too....only 1 week ahead now so OB thinks growth is starting to even out. Bub was in breach position tho. I knew it because from 1 week ago i started feeling kicks below rather than against my ribs. Hopefully he moves back into position but i guess it's still early? Other thing is my BP is slightly high. Normally i am 140/70 but this time 150/80 so slightly over now. OB said if still high next time they will do more tests. Told my mum and she brought over the home testing BP kit and funnily enough i read 119/66. My mum tested herself just to make sure it's accurate and she was ok too. So i don't know....am i just measuring high at the OB? i hope it's just a once off thing. I don't have swollen hands/feet, headache or reduction in urine....fingers crossed it's not something serious!

oh for baby name, have you thoguht of maybe buying a book to help out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sorry to hear your fingers are now hurting. How's the level anyway? Could you test less often?

Your friend sound a bit insensitive. Maybe they had no problem conceiving at all so had no idea it can be quite hard.

If baby comes before 38 weeks then I'll have very minimum break between work and baby. I would be ok with it as long as it's full term so hopefully 38 weeks.

Geez lucky you didn't fall. That's scary. Did anyone wipe the spill after that? Cos someone else might actually slip.

We have names. We are down to two so will pick the name after baby is born

We have most things too just not at our house yet. They are at mums. I don't want to pick them up until around 30 week-ish.
    @Gelati yay for no gd. It's a bit early still even with a breech. Baby could still turn right? Don't worry. Good to see growth spurt has even out too. Mine is measuring 2 days ahead at 20 weeks. OB measured my tummy and it was 23. I don't know what that means. He just said all good so I said ok. I was 20.5 weeks when I saw him. Your Bp might be high just for that day. Maybe just monitor at home. Should be ok though I think.

I can't believe you girls will have single week countdown soon. I can't wait to stop the double digit countdown. I have 16 weeks of work left.
    @Gelati have you got names yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope you are right @Minib. High BP can be quite dangerous. I think 140/70 is already quite high but OB seems to think its ok. But today was too high so he's going to monitor. Maybe the one at home is not accurate enough?

Yeh I may get stuff next weekend. I'll be 30 weeks by then so probably about time. I know how you feel. 2nd trimester felt quite long to me and now I feel like I'm a bit over it. Maybe coz I'm feeling big. I think ultrasound measurement is more accurate. Belly measurement can be up to 2 weeks off. You sound like you are right on track tho OB won't give me a ultrasound unless my belly measurement is off. I could push for one. See how I go. See him every 2 weeks now.

We only have one name atm but would like to have some more so I've bought a baby book which hasn't arrived just yet. That's good you have the name sorted out

How are you feeling? Is the MS gone now? I'm starting to eat less now as getting full very quickly. Need to eat smaller more frequent meals now. It's still better than the nausea tho.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was reading on another thread and I think emerald26 got her bfp. So happy for her. It's about time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    High bp can be a sign of pre eclampsia and can be dangerous but it could also be just one of those days where you had higher bp than usual. As long as it's monitored should be ok. The home one should be quite accurate. My dad has one and I've used it a few times. Quite accurate. My bp is generally on the lower side. Again, I wouldn't worry unless ob is. They know what they are doing.

Oh I'm having another scan at 34 weeks. Ob said good to get and the scan for the weight as well. It seems to be a standard one he does for his patients. A few friends that use the same ob all have 34 week scan too.

No more ms woohoo. That's why it's so great. I also feel full a lot quicker. But then get hungry not long after.