Closed Thread
Page 80 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's true would be hard when they start walking. See how you feel and what OB says.

Aw. I know how you must feel. More needles Xx

Is it weird I didnt get a urine test with my GD test? I'm going to ask OB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's true would be hard when they start walking. See how you feel and what OB says.

Aw. I know how you must feel. More needles Xx

Is it weird I didnt get a urine test with my GD test? I'm going to ask OB.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OB checked antibody, thyroid, full blood count etc along with GTT. Urine to detect glucose etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had three viles of blood taken. I know one was to test vit d. But no urine test. I had one done at week 13. I'll ask OB. I had gct done instead of gtt. If that comes back irregular then I will do gTT. I asked the nurse and she said most women now to GCT first and she said it was accurate enough to see if there is anything to worry about. I hope I pass!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: Ya, i hope you pass! My GTT (fasting) one is already 9.4 (normal is less than 8.5) just with the sugary drink. I think my GCT will absolutely go through the roof and might even classified as impaired glucose! Well, when i tested at 8w, that's my result for random glucose (10++) and sugar in my urine. That was blamed to steroid because fasting also came back high which i normally pass.

When are you getting the result?

Just did the finger pricking this morning. Darn, the lowest setting (2) was too low and didn't get enough blood. No wonder it wasn't painful. LOL. Then up to setting 3. OK, it didn't feel too bad but it was the after feeling that kinda feel a bit painful. Still better than clexane! Maybe i should try 2.5 this afternoon instead. In both cases, it took me the courage to do it. Needle phobia. The monitor shuts itself off after idle for a while so that's the time limit to force myself to do it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope surely they would use diff thresholds for the gct if you don't have to fast? I actually didn't realise so I fasted and the nurse said I didn't need to fast for this one could have a small sugar free breakfast. I hope the fact that i didn't eat won't give them a false reading?

Aw I'm proud of you. That must have been so hard. I could imagine me sitting there trying to do it and taking forever! It will get easier tho. I have needle phobia and was a bit scared of the blood test today. It's been awhile since needles so I'm back to being a bit scared but I have to say I'm still better at taking them now than before IVF!

My results should come in 1-2 days. She said if there was a problem OB will call otherwise I see him on mon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I do a gct not gtt. I hate fasting. Too hungry!
    @bbhope well done! It's not easy for someone with needle phobia so well done
    @Gelati hope your results is good.

I'm really dreading the gd test and the drink. I will prob spew after that drink yikes. I had a diabetes test a few weeks ago. Just a normal diabetes finger prick test. 2 hours after lunch and my level was 6.3. I think that was ok?
    @Gelati you would have had chicken pox blood test early on. If your ob didn't say anything means it's all good. That was a standard test

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh that's good to know @Minib. i'm still concerned i didn't have a urine test this time around. what if i have a UTI? Will ask OB on monday. Unless i hear from him before hand...which i hope i don't!

i think that's good news that your normal diabetes came back normal. not sure what the thresholds are but if there was something to worry about i'm sure they'd tell you. GCT is a lot easier and only 1 hr and 1 blood test. I wish someone had told me i didn't need to fast! it was not fun being hungry and pregnant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a random glucose below 7.8 is good. Apparently, GD isn't that common but strangely to read that there are so many ladies on the other thread got GD. It makes me think it is quite common. I am wondering if age is one of the big factors other than genetic.

Ya, GTT is horrible. I didn't know that i couldn't leave for 2 hrs. I had heartburn constantly after that drink. I fast for 12hrs.

Edit: 7.8 without fasting is the limit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope i wouldn't say it's common (only 1 friend i know ever had it) but i certainly wouldn't say it's uncommon. Maybe age does have something to do with it? oh heartburn, that does not sound pleasant. Yeh they don't want you to move around and burn off the sugar. Have to just stay put. I fasted for 12 hrs too.....i was just starving and started to feel a little nauseous but after the sugar drink i started getting a bit of a headache and felt weird. after i got home i had an omelette and felt better. Too much sugar for my body i think.

@Minib it doesn't sound like you will have it. I'll be surprised if your test comes back irregular.