Closed Thread
Page 79 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: Oh no. The blood glucose monitor is the prick-finger machine. Baby isn't big now but it can get out of control if GD isn't under controlled. I was told that GD will only get worse as the pregnancy goes on. Actually, I was just about to ask you ladies about the whooping cough vaccines. I was meant to ask OB about it today as well as the proper growth scan at an imaging place. I completely forgot because we were focus on the GD discussion. I can ask next week.

I heard that 32w is the ideal time. I actually had a boost + chicken pox vaccines in 2011 in a different country (free). They actually encouraged people to have it done before trying for a baby. Ha...it took us long enough to have a baby. The reason they encourage people to do it before pregnant is to avoid any side effect. I don't have any problem from the booster but i did have a reaction with chicken pox! I got the chicken pox vaccine because i have never had it in my life.

Do you know who give you a shot here in Australia? GP? At where i lived before, I went to a immunization dept and the nurse there did the shot for me.
    @Minib: i actually only use basmati rice at home. I only eat jasmine rice when i have lunch at the chinese place. I don't eat much rice anymore after I started the diet. I somehow thought basmati is not good so i switched to brown rice at home. See....diet change doesn't seem to help preventing GD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh....boss already asked me if i can start traveling next March/April! I feel a bit bad that the project will be on hold for a while because of me on maternity leave.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah ob told me diet change doesn't prevent gd so I continue with jasmine rice for now. Basmati is def better than jasmine though.

I also had chicken pox vaccine last year but the weird thing is once I'm pregnant I'm not immune to it. It is gone from my body. Ob told me not to stress. It's not like I work with children. I've also never had chicken pox before. And have had about 3 vaccine now in the last 4 years since we were planning to try.
    @bbhope don't feel bad at all. Work will move on without you. You just focus on yourself and baby.

GP does the vaccine here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib I think it depends on OB. My OB doesn't seem to do it as a standard but if I'm measuring ahead he'll make sure I get it done. I'm starting to get indigestion this week. Need to start eating smaller meals 😋 I may be one of those people who lose weight or put on less weight in third trimester cos of the indigestion. I'm already starting to lose interest in food. First time this pregnancy. Didn't even lose it throughout mornig sickness. Has ur Ms gone now?

@bbhope aw I Thot u didn't have to do those finger pricks. At least the diet isn't going to be a huge shock top he system as you are already doing lots of the things. I actually prefer brown rice to white rice. I'll ask my OB about vaccination. I've already had the chicken pox but not sure if I've ever had the whooping cough vaccine. You just get it at the GP. It's free for you and your partner when ur pregnant and over 28 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ms is gone woohoo! Think I've had indigestion a couple of times instead haha.

You can't get chicken pox vaccine when pregnant. Ob told me if I get it for any reason, go straight to emergency and they will give me a jab for it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope, wow your boss doesn't let up. Don't feel guilty. Pregnancy isn't a crime. I was thinking today if I want to go back to work part time after 6/7 months. Would be good to earn money sooner rather than later and I'm thinking part time wouldn't be too hard as my parents are here to help out. I'd rather do part time for a longer period of time than have to go back full time after 10-12 mths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo @Minib. It's so weird now when I'm hungry and I don't feel nauseous. I'm like - oh yeh this is how I normally felt when I was hungry. You kinda forget.

Oh I didn't know that about chicken pox vaccine. If you've had chicken pox before does that mean you don't ever need to get the vaccine? I had it when I was 8.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Interesting.....you didn't have the immunity despite the vaccine! I had to get two shots to have it shown up on my BT. I actually ended up with mild chicken pox on my face and neck after the vaccine. It wasn't too bad really. More like ugly pimples and luckily it didn't itch as much as people described it to me.
    @Gelati: Yes, that's what i heard about chicken pox. If you had it before, you won't get it anymore. It doesn't prevent you from getting shingles, though. My friend got shingles during pregnancy. It was painful and dangerous.

I only have heartburn. And i am back to first trimester hungry strike again! I have been controlling my diet but i am not sure whether it is worse for eating more and gain weight or let bub starves.

Well, colleagues on the other side of the world have been asking when we will come over. They didn't know that i am pregnant. I just told them that next year. Boss "sold" the idea as us taking an excuse to visit the family back in Europe. Fair enough. Bub would be 5 or 6 months by March. I haven't discussed it with DH. I thought it would be too young for bub to fly before 6 months but he will be getting the needles by 4 months. We aren't going to the third world country so it wont' be a big concern, except DH always get sick whenever he flies! It is difficult for women because bub needs to bf. Oh well, who knows. Perhaps i can't bf at all and problem solves itself.

Edit: didn't your OB test your immunity against chicken pox? My BT shows that i am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm not sure. I did a few tests and dr said I was fine. He was most concerned about rubella. I did get one vaccination but can't remember what it was for. I think they asked my and dh if we've had chicken pox which we've both had.

Oh I wouldn't starve myself. I just don't have that mad hunger anymore where I needed to eat until I felt sick to be satisfied. I think cos everything is pushed up I get fuller quicker and eat smaller meals. I think I was overeating before. I'm quite a thin person so OB told me not to overeat and lay off the carbs and sugar cos there's min nutritional benefit to me or bubs. Having indigestion means I naturally don't feel like too much carbs cos it makes u feel stuffed!

Just check with OB. I'm not sure I would travel with bubs before 1year unless absolutely necessary. Just think it would be too stressful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If Ob said OK for your immunity, i assume it is OK.

I am not sure if my hunger has anything to do with GD. Got the blood glucose monitoring kit today. I'm not so looking forward to do this but it is for the best.

Once i go back to work, I am obligated to travel. It is part of my job. I think boss was nice enough to ask for a travel date after my parental leave officially finishes. I could leave the bub at home but i guess it would be very difficult if i want to bf. Also, leaving him behind for a week so young must be hard for both of us mentally. If DH comes, it might not be too bad. I've a lot of friends traveled internationally before their bub turned 1. They actually found it easier than when bub started walking. One sworn that she would never do it again given that her bub wouldn't sit. She had to walk the bub up and down the aisle for the entire journey! Not fun. Anyway, i will see how things go. I need to have a bub in my arms first.