Closed Thread
Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Don't worrt @Minib. An extra cup of tea won't hurt. I think you're allowed 2 cups a day. Your bub is fine, the small caffiene in tea won't hurt. In my first trimester I had an iced coffee and dark choc and tea and it was fine. I just had an earl grey this morning and will have choc as well. I have heard that the first cup has the most caffiene so I just put a little hot water, tip it out and pour second cup.

Bub is ver erratic atm. Even now some days I barely feel bub then others it's like he's playing soccer all day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Haha...really not thinking about second bub right now. DH always wants two and I was trying to talk him out of it. We will see but certainly no more STIM. Ya, we are lucky to have the IVF works out and I'm grateful that DH comes around with donor in the end. It has made us stronger for what we went through for sure.

Same as you, Gelati. Some days bub won't stop kicking and other days very quiet. I think the erratic kicks I experienced yesterday might be him trying to turn himself to the back. He has been kicking my cervix/lower bowel all morning and it is VERY uncomfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hehe yes too early to be thinking of #2. I am happy with just 1 but if i had a choice would have 2. If we only have 1 life will be easier financially but it would be nice for my child to have a sibling so he will have family after we're gone. He does not have any cousins. But oh well, what will be will be.

Oh yes the kicks down the bottom hurt more. But the kicks up near the ribs seem closer to the surface and that feels weird itself. I feel like they kinda hurt too. Bub is back to kicking a fair bit today again. He's been very active the last 2 days. Wonder what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope hope it all went well today xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you go today @bbhope

Thanks
    Reviews
    OB isn't worried about the white blood cell and protein in the urine. There is no detection of bacteria so unlikely UTI. White blood cell might be the contamination from the vagina fluid. He said small amount of protein is fine given that the BP is still within normal range. As for GD, he has referred to a diabetic educator who will put me on a very strict diet. Obviously, what i have been doing is not enough. He wrote me a script for the glucose monitor and strips. However, ladies from the other forum mentioned that I can get subsidized test strips if i register with NDSS. I asked his secretary to print out the form and to have him signed off. The difference is $50+ vs $16 for the strips. He wanted to see me again next week. I found it a bit soon given that i've to make an appt with the educator first next week. He wants me to do a record and shows it to him next week. 3x tests a day. No insulin is needed just yet. Basically, he wants me to manage the sooner the better. I am so glad that i cancelled the trip next week. I would be worried so much what i eat and couldn't get anything organized next week if i go.

As for good news, bub is head down. I already knew it because the kick today has been high up. OB said that once the baby head is down, it tends to stay. Then, what was it about all the rolling and the kick low down!? He said it is possible that baby was poking his head or wriggle. LOL. Baby head and stomach was measured today. Head growth is spot on. Stomach is a week behind. Nothing to worry about. The chart suggests a 50 percentile baby. Fluid level and flow are good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's all great news @bbhope

Wow bub head is down already. That's awesome. And good news about the no uti. I just had another urine test this morning. Hopefully no bacteria this time.

That's a lot of price difference. Good to know if I need it. I think you can do it. Managing your diet. It's quite hard in the beginning. The one thing I'll really miss is jasmine rice as I know that's a big no no with diabetes. Have to switch to basmati or something like that. Tastes so different. I don't like it all. Not starchy haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news @bbhope. Ill bet you're relieved there's no pre eclampsia! Good to hear diet change is all that is needed now and fx no insulin needed. Btw - wen u do GD test can you drink water beforehand? I don't think I can last 8 hrs no food or water.

Yay for bubs head beig down. That's what my OB said but so many of my friend's bub moved throughout until 40 weeks! I know I moved right up until the day my mum went into delivery. Last scan bub's head was down but I'm certain he's still moving around in there.

How are u going @Minib? Made anymore purchases lately?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and good news about not having to do finger prick also good that your not having a large baby. Labour won't be so bad. I am prety sure I'll have an official week 34 growth scan as bub is measuring big.

Have you girls had ur whooping cough vaccination yet? When is ideal to get it? I've seen 28-32 weeks but I also heard the later the better in order to pass as much antibodies to bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is 34 week scan standard? I didn't know that.

I haven't done the whooping cough vaccine. I've been told around 30 week-ish. Will get DH, mum and dad to do it too. Mum and dad will have lots of contact with the baby.

Haven't bought anything else @Gelati after the baby clothes last week. And I won't buy anything for a while. I really don't need much more after doing the list so I might wait. Think some friends and families might want to buy stuff for baby shower.