Closed Thread
Page 76 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati: have you felt braxton hicks yet? I know not everyone gets it. I don't know how it supposes to feel. I feel tight with my belly quite often and uncomfortable. No pain. I just think it is stretching related but it can be comfortable without this tightness........bub still likes to lie horizontally most of the time. I am growing sideway. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob has always told me if I'm going to get gd, I'll get it anyway regardless of what I eat. But I know if I get it, I'll have to really watch what I eat and do the needle prick to test glucose level. Lucky the finger needle thing doesn't hurt. Maybe just ask to do that @bbhope? Not ideal as more needles but they don't really hurt and quick to do?

Do you know what type of fruits to avoid as well? Some has very high sugar content. Although carb sounds like the culprit for you. Could you switch to brown rice? And whole meal or brown pasta if there's such things?

Sigh yep we've spent over 30k on ivf and treatment too. Ob now will cost $8k (I've budgeted for anaesthetist and paed) and this is just the beginning. Soon we will have baby expenses and schools! Schools are so exxy. I'm not sure how people can afford schools. By the time our kid(s) in high school, apparently the fees will be around $50k a year. That's after tax money. A lot of money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib aw that's great you felt the first proper kick. It's amazingisnt it? Now you'll be hanging out to feel them what day is meeting next week? I have my GD test next week by have to wait a week before results. Does finger prick really not hurt? I did the general diabetes test once and it really hurt!

@bbhope don't think like that. Nothing you could have done to prevent it. At least now you are partly accustomed to a low sugar diet and just need to reduce high carb foods. Fruits to avoid are banana, grapes, tropical fruits like mango etc. not sure about apple. I tried to reduce sugar in take, no sugar in tea etc but I'm still very bad. Had 2 scoops of gelati yesterday and a small cinnamon donut. So bad!!! But I am on holidays and have been hiking so I've justified it a bit. Lol.

I hope the protein isn't pre eclampsia. That would be scary.

Haven't felt any Braxton hicks or anything really. Just a little heavier sometimes but if it wasn't for the bump sometimes I forget in pregnant! I feel the kicks more some days vs others. Some of the kicks are getting quite strong now but still haven't seen a hand or foot yet

Wow $30k! And I guess that's on the low side compared to some other girls hey? But like you said all worth it. Minib I'm being optimistic and hoping for $5k hehe. Yeh I know. School fees for private will be ridiculous when our kids are in school. I don't know how we'll afford it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think the needle prick won't be painful but @Gelati you have it right.From what i read, it is kinda painful. Now, i am scare.....i overcame the pain with clexane -- somehow i managed to find my own spot to jab without the horrible pain. (Jabbing on waist rather than belly). For the long run, I think I'm happy to get monitor this way if OB is happy to help signing off paper work so i can get PBS priced test strip.

As for the $, It just got me a bit angry about people who don't have to spend a cent, to go through emotional roller coaster and have some fun to get pregnant. They like to offer advices about infertility. Ya, if i haven't known better. Anyway, we stopped counting. $30k was a rough number and we were so glad that this round works out since we have no idea where we are going to fork out money for another interstate cycle.

I am a migrant so don't know much about schooling system here in Australia. I don't quite understand why everything has to be private here. We aren't in the third world country so I would assume the public education system is not bad? We don't think so far ahead just yet but do think it is a good option to send our kid to Europe for uni since the fee is minimal and high standard. Bub will have an EU passport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BBhopal I'm sure you will also get used to the diabetes finger prick and it def won't be more painful than clexane injections. But I do know how you feel. I don't like needles either.

Yeh it's frustrating that others can just get pregnant like that. But I'm sure this journey will make us more grateful for what we have. And we are lucky we could afford the high price tag.

We have some good public schools in Melbourne but you have to live in the zone which is very expensive to buy into. Yes I heard uni is very cheap in England. Good opportunity for kids to study there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have good public schools in melb for sure and in wa as well. Some of the public schools have better mark than private. If I have my choice though, my kids will go to private but that's if money isn't an issue. I don't want to have no life and kids have no holiday because we spend all our money on schools. It's still a very long time away before I have to pay so I think we might just put the name down and see how we go. We might win tatts? Lol.

The finger prick isn't painful at all to me but I'm ok with needles and have quite high pain tolerance. Have you girls donated blood? The finger prick when they assessed something is the same as the one to monitor diabetes. I've just done one recently (finger prick, not donating blood) and I found it ok. Doing it a few times a day though isn't fun. The good thing about the finger prick is i couldn't really see the needle unlike blood tests, ivf injection, etc.
    @Gelati my budget of $8k to deliver this baby includes scans, ob appointments, harmony test and genetic screening, etc but hopefully it's less than that.

I agree though. We stopped counting after a while. It gets too depressing so better to just focus on moving forward instead of looking at how much we've spent. For me, it's more the time spent getting pregnant that upset me. More then financial. We can earn the money back but can't turn back time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never donated blood before. I am too scare to see blood and will probably faint. I have no fat on my fingers. LOL.

As for diet, i started eating organic brown rice but it is difficult to choose what to eat for lunch. Oh...no banana? I love it. I also like oranges and mandarins. Actually, I was never a fruit person (bad!) until I got pregnant.

Ya, @Gelati, so true that at least we can afford it. Some people can't even do IVF because of the financial reason.

So when is your 20w scan, @Minib?

Thanks
    Reviews
    ps: @Gelati: I am not seeing foot and hand on my belly yet. I am feeling more rotate movement than just a kick or punch now.

So....my admin colleagues told me that they want to touch my belly and feel the baby move so I should come to them when that happens. I was shocked and speechless. They have been touching my belly every now and then which i got a bit annoyed sometime. Now, I have to go over so that they can feel it?! I feel a bit strange and dont' know if bub would like random stranger touching!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I've never given blood but i think the prick is the same when they test your health and if you have diabetes. After I tested normal I vowed never to do the test again cod it left a bruise on my finger! But I have heard the daily pricks are less painful than those others cos you can choose how tight you want to wind the spring. It's not just one size fits all. If I had GD I will just have to suck it up as do it because it's all for the health of bub right? Even tho I know I will dread it each time 😓

@bbhope yes banana is high carb fruit. Not sure if you can still have it if have GDbut I do know it's high carb / sugar. Not sure about mandarin but Orange is ok. Berries are the best. Also peanuts are high carb. It is really hard at lunchtime. I normally make a salad and buy something but if I had GD I may have to pack my owner too. If I have GD I will just have to be more organised. It will only be for 2 mths and then i'll be on Mat leave. It does make things hard tho. But only short term. Oh I was thinkingaybe the protein they found was for the uti?

Hehe yeh I feel him roll sometimes now. And sometimes it's not a kick or punch but I feel like it's a push or
    He's stuck his leg out and left it there like under my rib or something. My belly is so huge now. I wish I didn't look so big!!! Some people think I'm already ready to pop 😱

Mm your colleagues are real funny ones. Maybe they feel very close to you after suggesting something so personal? You could just laugh and say, no I'm not going to do that, that's weird!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I know what you mean about the time thing. I am annoyed at that too. I know I've only lost 1.5yrs compared to some others who have lost more but it still hurts. But the main thing in annoyed at is how they have the option to have as many as they want whereas I'm unlikely to give mine any siblings and if anything did go wrong with this pregnancy (touch wood nothing does!!) it's such a bigger loss because I can't just easily make another one. I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm most upset about the fact that I have had the 'choice' taken out of my hands. Just feels like walking a very thin rope.