Closed Thread
Page 70 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh I'm also hoping I don't have a very big baby. My DH is very tall. Over 190cm whilst I'm quite petite haha. So hopefully bub is a medium size baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: bub was always hyper whenever we went to see OB for the scan during early weeks. I was told that baby don't have brain at that stage. All the movements are nerve reflex. Only now that their brain is developed, they sleep and wake. My bub always follows the clock rather than meal time. He doesn't care about BBQ chicken, curry or whatever. LOL. He has less room to move in the womb now but surprisingly i felt him all over the place lately.

Oh....i don't exactly know how OB measures the fluid level. He shown us a diagram similar to the hearbeat on the scan and said it was good below the yellow line. For the blood flow to the cord, basically the doppler sound has to match the heartbeat. This explains why i heard two "heartbeats" on my handheld doppler at home. For a while, i really thought that they missed the second twin on my 12w scan.
    @Gelati: do you know when third trimester begin? My app says 26w but the internet says 28w onward. I would think the latter. A bit confused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob doesn't do scan in his room so don't think I'll get fluid check then. I'll see if my ob ever uses the Doppler. There's one in the room.

My baby will be used to spicy food by now. That's the one thing I consistently love this pregnancy.

I think third tri starts at 28 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @lileitak. I will ask my OB and see what he says on Monday. I bet you he'll just smirk and tell me i dont need it but can have it if i really want to lol. Like you and @Minib said, it's a good thing that they don't think i need extra scans and i need to remember he's an expert and one of the best so if he's not worried it generally means all is good because if there was something to worry about he'd be right on it. My friend saw him who ended up with issues and he was very quick to act and didn't take it lightly. I saw his stand-in dr a few times and he was super thorough and told me to do a few things just to be on the safe side. When my OB came back he ruled all of that out because he looked at many test results together and jsut knew straight away there was no issue. I spoke to a few of my friends and they were like, yep the good ones don't go overboard unless they feel the need to. All you see is them not being thorough etc but their minds are working super fast behind the scenes and they've seen it all so they know when to worry and when not to. A few people have told me you would rather a decisive OB who is confident in what he does than an OB who is over cautious cos it could be a sign he's just not sure. i found that with the stand in, he did everything with me but still gave me a wrong diagnosis whereas my OB is like, nope you don't need to worry about this or that and he always turns our right. The only time he does anything differently is if i force him because i'm feeling anxious and again he always turns out right, not me. But at least it makes me feel better at the time :P

i really don't want a big baby either but as long as he's healthy that's all that matters. Both our sides are quite tall (both men and women) so i'm hoping my baby is just measuring tall rather than big! hehe. Oh and i'm like you minib - bub is super active at every ultrasound and OB visit i've been to. haha.
    @bbhope i think third starts at week 28. That's the common thing i've heard. Can't believe we're almost there! I never thought i would be in this position. It's just a miracle and so amazing!! oh and bub has been kicking lots since i posted last. Figures But it has put my mind at ease Cheeky little thing.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gelati For This Useful Post:

ilex  (11-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati your ob sounds wonderful and knows what he's doing. I would just trust him and follow what he says. I agree that they don't let you know everything if there's no need to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it true that emergency c section cost a lot more on top as all the medical staff are on emergency call out rate? And they all bring their assistants? I heard it can be a few thousand dollars extra. Eeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: my OB charges flat rate. However, if it is on a weekend and emergency, he has no control on call out anaesthetist and ped fees. I know some OB has a higher fee if it is slightly complicated birth. I stay with my OB in the end because his price is reasonable (no gap) as compared to most in Perth. My friend spent $10k oop with insurance last time. She got butchered by one of the most exp OB in Perth. Interesting enough, she is only OB without gyno qualification.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob doesn't charge extra for emergency c section. I'm out of pocket with him for management fee but no extra cost for emergency c section. I was told the paediatrician , anaesthetist, technician could charge a lot for emergency. I heard from someone not my ob. I'll ask other friends who have used the same ob for emergency c section.

True though having private health still means we are a few grand oop anyway. I've budgeted $8k oop. Hopefully not a lot more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I was just in a bit of shock when I heard emergency c section could cost $5k oop excluding ob. That's a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib my mum just mentioned this to me the other day. Interesting that you have brought this up. Let me check with OB on monday and i'll let you know. I've had a few friends have emergency c's as well so i'll ask them and see if they had to pay more. My OB is flat rate (think it's 4.5k) but it's true the hospital could charge more. This is interesting. Maybe be lots out of pocket!