Closed Thread
Page 69 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am allergic to one kind of painkiller. Don't want to say in public. Too specific in case someone wants to murder me. Lol. The alternative (don't recall the name) will cause bub to be drowsy so feel like in any case I can only go natural which I personally don't think I can. I will leave the option open. Only 1 out of many people who I know and gave birth here are C-section. So I don't hold my breath that won't happen to me. Quite shocking really. The non Caesarian one being forcep method.

I have a good pain tolerance but had been hospitalised in the past which I needed painkiller. So don't want to have disappointment if I can't go complete natural.

Good on you ladies start thinking so early. I am doing yoga. Who knows. Maybe it helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My ob said having epi increases chance of having c section and use of forceps / bad tearing but then he said the fact that you were recommended an epi probably means all the above anyways so who knows if that wouldn't have happened if you went natural. I guess they'll never know. He said they will recommend epi if you have been in labour a long time, baby is in breech etc. so all depends. I don't think I have a very high pain threshold. I want to go natural but not sure if I'll be able to get through it. I know some people who said natural wasn't that bad and others who said it was traumatic.
    @bbhope any exercise / yoga will help

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 17 weeks and bub growing nicely

Asked ob about sleeping position. He said to try sleeping on my side now if I can but more importantly after 20 weeks as otherwise I might feel dizzy or faint. He said left or right side doesn't matter. But if I roll on my back, I will probably wake up anyway as I will feel dizzy in my sleep then just roll back to the side.

BP all good and he won't measure my tummy until 20 weeks. He did press my tummy to see where bub is and she's under my belly button which is perfect for 17 weeks.

I think they will recommend epi if you are induced as the pain is even more intense. So far I've heard natural heals faster but you also need to be fit as that plays a bigger role in recovery whether c section or natural.

I always think I have high pain threshold but I haven't experienced labour so what do I know haha. I'm sure nothin I've felt compared to labour.

How are you girls going?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just got back from a road trip extended from a work site visit. Mini-holiday if you would call it, got away from the rainy perth. Dh went with me and he did most of the driving.

Yes, minib, you will feel dizzy. I had that couple times with headache! I can no longer side sleeping. Bub doesnt like that at all. He kicks and punches on my side like complaining i am squashing him. I think he got roll to whichever side i turned to. Law of gravity. Lol. Ob keeps saying i only need to lean to the side a little but i feel so comfortable sleeping like that. Thats why lean more toward my stomach. Anyway, i have turned to semi-reclined sleeping position with double pillow height. Occassionally, i unknowingly slided down and almost laid flat. No headache, no complaining from bub so i think it is ok. I woke up and repositioning myself again but at least i am getting some sleep now. I miss my recliner which i donated when i moved here.

GD test next week. I am not looking forward knowing i wont pass the test.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay @Minib! Good to hear things are coming along nicely. As for sleeping I'm just sleeping in whatever position is comfortable. Haven't felt dizzy yet when lying on my back but I do seem to wake up on my side so maybe naturally Iwill just do that. I hate it when the Ob pushes on my tummy. Worst part of the appointment coz it kinda hurts/tickles and I can't help but react. I've also heard being induced is more painful and intense. 😁

@bbhope goodluck with GD test. I hope you get a nice surprise but if not it should be easily managed as my friend had it and all went well.

The last week I've not felt bub kick as much. Very few and far between which has me worried. Very relieved to be seeing OB on Monday to make sure all is ok. I don't know why suddenly he is not kicking so much 😩 I've also put on more weight than I Thot do not sure if that means I may have GD too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Ob never pushes my belly. He always measures the bub's head size to determine the growth. He says after X weeks (don't recall), the bub's stomach measurement is more accurate. The last scan suggests bub is tracking on time. It looks like he might be getting all the gene from me -- small build. Hope he will get the donor gene being tall like DH. OB also checks fluid level and flow of the cord. Next appt is 28w for me.

@Gelati: i think as long as you feel bub kicks, it should be alright. Sometime bub is positioning on the back, which mine does every so often, i won't feel him much at all. That's when I would bring out my doppler and find him. Ya, i rarely use it now ever since i can feel the movement. He is all over the place these days -- i think this is what most women feel at 16--20w. I'm a bit late to feel that but everything seems to start late for me as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope wow my Ob doesn't do any of that. Just blood pressure, ultrasound to check heartbeat and movement, measure tummy and presses. I will ask him a few things on Monday and see if I get a 34 week ultrasound to measure growth. A lot of ppl seem to get that. I know I'll get GD test this time. I'm really wanting to see him on Monday. For some reason I've felt a bit anxious this week.

Yeh I feel him everyday but just doesn't seem to be as often or the kicks don't seem to be as hard as I used to feel. Hope all is ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: ya, totally get what you meant. I feel like a heavy weight off my shoulder after cancelling the business trip. Whenever i had a stomach problem, I was kinda worried about bub getting bugs. Good that you are seeing OB on Monday.

It sounded like all your tracking is based on fundal height? I don't know how accurate that's since you mentioned you are 2w ahead? I remember the sonographer at 20w was also measuring the head to indicate the growth. Bub was sleeping everytime we had the OB visit. He wasn't moving much. Ya, i heard about the growth scan at 30w, 34w as well. OB hasn't mentioned it so i just assume he might at 28w appt or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati - I'd only had the 12 and 20 weeks scans, and like yours, my OBs did fundal measurements, blood pressure, doppler at each appointment.

I asked about more scans around 33 weeks, and she said I was welcome to get one if I wanted and wrote me a referral. It was purely for measurement, but I don't think she'd have offered it if I didn't ask.

Take it as a good sign if they're not making you have more scans. It means everything is tracking perfectly. But ask if you want one. Doesn't impact the OB at all and I'm sure they're happy to offer it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lileitak how far along are you now? Mustn't be far off?
    @bbhope how did on check fluid level and flow of the cord?

It seems like every ob has slightly different routine. I know my ob only starts measuring tummy at 20 weeks. So far he has never used his Doppler on me but last appointment we had a quick scan instead. I'm not sure what other scans I'll get after 20 weeks. I don't think my ob will ask me to do a lot of scans as well. Sometimes I wonder if he's thorough enough but I have to remember he's seen thousands of patients and he's known to be one of the best obs so it's just me wanting everything lol.

I agree. When my ob isn't 100% happy about something he will raise it eg urine bacteria. I'm getting another test just to make sure it's still all clear.

My bub on the other hand is always so active every scan. Last scan she was dancing. It seems to me she's dancing but she could be just stretching.