Closed Thread
Page 68 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't really care what people say anymore. It is none of their business. We do what's best for us. A personal choice.

Don't really put the rest here so will PM you ladies instead.
    @Gelati: yes, will try to claim PPL. I just can't find information on how to get it direct to our bank acc without going through employer paycheck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I haven't looked into the details of payment @bbhope. Why do you have to get it paid thru ur employer? Is it because you are only eligible if you are employed? Is there a reason you prefer it not to be paid thru employer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    On govt PPL website, it says that you can pay it through workplace paycheck per fortnight or directly to your bank acc (something like that). However, when i look at the form, it asks to provide imployer BSB number etc and nothing about bank acc.

There is a rumor from HR about topping up the govt PPL to match our salary so we can't "double dipping". I put a quote because it is totally an insult to use that from the politician. While i am taking double payment at the beginning, the money actually is saved toward the end when i go half time or jobless. I just want to avoid the HR giving an excuse to get rid of their own benefit by using me as their statistic in the survey. Besides, i think it is too complicated when you want to involve so many parties. Straight to the bank is the easiest option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow I didn't realise work can see it as double dipping. I'll ask some friends at work who had babies. Although a friend told me things have got more complicated in the last few years re paperwork. She found different processed with her 2 kids.

I would want the ppl straight in my bank account too without going through work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I want to try for natural but will see if possible. Hopefully baby not a breech and no complication. I think recovery with natural is easier. So that's what I've heard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh i see. I think in that case i want mine directly to my bank account too. I'll look into it and ask around and let you know. Would be good if work didn't know all my business. i can see some people would see it as 'double dipping' Stupid government for putting that idea into people's heads. Such ignorant thinking. The reason it was first introduced was to top up the paid leave work provides women. It was an incentive for women to stay employed whilst having a baby. You can't get it unless you are working. So that was the whole point.

Same as me @Minib. Will try but not going to be stubborn. Will listen to what the doctors say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I think doctors will know what's best for us and baby? I prefer natural because less painful recovery but my DH is quite tall so I might have a big baby. Eeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I fear the same @Minib. Plus bub is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead. Eek!! Yes I'm assuming OB will know what's best. I will take an epi if I need to but I've also heard you are more likely to tear badly with an epi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Finally have mobile reception. Regarding to birth, honestly, I haven't put much though. I will go "natural" but will have medication as much as needed. Better than c-section but 1 in 3 ended in c-section here is Australia. Extremely high statistically speaking If u ask me. That says I am not stress about it. if I have GD, OB already said induce early. GD test in a week or so. Grr....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also heard having epi means less control of pushing as can't feel the contraction as much. But this is all based on others experience and opinion. There are a lot other factors in a labour so I'm going to stay open minded. But if someone asked me to choose, I say natural with no epidural haha but not sure I'll feel that way on the day.