Closed Thread
Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nah @Gelati I wouldnt say that, public maternity here in Australia is a much better option than a lot of other countries ... Just getting a cold in America is expensive I would never travel without travel insurance regardless of pregnancy! It could seriously bankrupt you, as much as our public system can suck, its SO much better than elsewhere in the world.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78 good luck with your cycle this month. Feel free to join in or take time out from this thread as you need it. But really hope you join us pregnant soon.
    @bbhope you made the right choice. I wouldn't fly international at 28 weeks. I know some people would and it's fine. But for me personally, the flight would increase my anxiety level so it's not worth a holiday for. If anything goes wrong, I'll never forgive myself. Although flying to nz for 3-4 hours might be different. Hubby asked if i want to have a babymoon in hawaii. I said no because I will worry about the flight so I'd rather stay local. Plus we've been on lots of holidays in the last 5 years. But I'm surprised your company is flying you economy. My work will fly me on business if it's more than 8 hours. That's the policy. I work for a very big corporation though.
    @Gelati what does hypno birthing class teach you? How nice you are going on a baby moon. We are thinking of having one too but not sure where to go. I don't want to fly far. So still deciding. MS has eased off heaps. Have the dry retch still everyday but all good. This is nothing compared to 7 weeks ago.

I also heard should get ivf insurance if travelling overseas. Never really looked into it though as last time I was only 6 weeks and it was only 4 hour flight overseas.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had lots of people ask me how much leave I plan to take, will I come back part time or full time etc. then a few people lectured me about not taking enough leave, taking too long, thinking about going back full time at some stage. Geez. I was annoyed. I already feel guilty no doubt when it's time to return to work. Feel guilty about not being there 24/7 for my bub but I don't need other women judge me and lecture me. My boss was different. He asked me because we need to have a rough plan and in the end he said see how I feel after a few months. No judgment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i already got that judgement a while back before i told my local close friends that i am preg. The conversation came up because we were picking her kid up at childcare before a coffee time. We all do our best for our child and whatever is best for us. We certainly know how hard it is to have a child so i totally hate the comment like "why do you want to have a child if you want to return to work so soon and put them at childcare?" Anyway, we have worked it out with the boss and i'm happy with the arrangement since DH gets to take his share of parental leave. I will miss out the period when an important project is starting in Oct, which potentially has a deep impact on my career. Oh well, we can only do so much.

I keep telling DH that i should work for a big company. My friend always gets to fly business if a trip is longer than 5hrs. I don't even have the lounge pass. I asked for it once when i had a 8 hrs transit and the answer is no. Only the upper management has annual lounge pass paid for. I flew 4 international and few domestic flights last year and all economy. I haven't been flying much this year, though. Well, the parental leave is fairly generous so they make up for it.

Speaking of this, @Gelati, are you planning to take govt PPL? I still haven't figured out how to do it without registering through employer. I feel like it is such a hassle to go through them than just going to our bank acc directly. LOL. I am planning to claim early and save this bit to help us financially when i go back part time (or if i still have a job...).

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tanej78 - yeh our public is soo much better than other countries. I was saying women who don't have private insurance here may get travel insurance and try go private overseas using their travel insurance where their families are living. But honestly, i couldn't imagine anyone from Australia wanting to do that unless they had most of their family overseas. To be honest, my friends who have gone both private and public here have said public was better as private has a higher patient to midwife or nurse ratio.
    @Minib - oh i get that too. How long to take off. Some say to come back earlier and then others say you don't want to miss time with bub. With regards to this topics i think people should just shut it because it's such a personal choice and some people don't have a choice. Well rounded children are brought up from all different types of families and arrangements there is no one right answer. I've stopped listening now. And i feel like if you plan to do something different to what they've done they seem to get offended and defensive? sounds so stupid but thats the vibe i get.

So glad MS is wearing off now. Yes i still got the dry retchng in the morning till about week 22. and i still get it slightly now. But like you said, nothing compared to first trimester!

Hypno birthing is a birthing technique that teaches you calming techniques to get through birth. It's about self calming and talking to yourself and they also have tapes that you can play during the birht to get you through it. Yeh i wouldn't go overseas either for a babymoon. Something domestic was always the plan. to somewhere a bit warmer :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow @bbhope work flew me overseas a few times and I was on business class. But I don't have to fly overseas with my current role. Only the occasional interstate flight. That's quite rare even. Yeah working for big coy has its perks. Lots of opportunities too but it's pretty cut throat. We have restructure pretty much every year. But that seems pretty common now.
    @Gelati yeah I tune out now. Everyone has different opinion on what to do. To be honest I might change my mind. I might end up taking longer mat leave, extend it. Who knows.

Yeah I get people make different choices but why as other women or mums do they feel the need to judge. I don't need anyone to make me feel guilty. My husband supports the decision for me returning to work. So now when people ask I said I don't know fearing getting shot down.

If you qualify for govt PPL, why wouldn't you apply @bbhope is it that hard? Gosh I haven't even looked at it. I just checked the income threshold to see if I qualify or not.
    @bbhope your industry seems cut throat too. Are you at risk of losing your job going on mat leave?
    @Gelati wow dry retch until 22 weeks. I also feel a bit yucky if I'm to full and yucky when I'm hungry haha. Hard to find the balance sometimes. Hypno birth sounds interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope yeh def apply for PPL if you are eligible. I'll be getting it at the same time as I get paid mat leave to make sure I don't miss out. Never know when they'll change the rules.

@Minib yeh it was just in the mornings and went after I ate breakfast. It wasn't great I dreaded getting out of bed but I think after awhile I just got used to it lol.
    I don't say anymore either. Just say I'll see how I go. Which is really the honest truth. It's hard to answer this early when you don't know what to expect. It's a decision between yourself and your hubby. No one else has the right to judge. I hate how some mums are like ooh I could NEVER go back that early you miss out on so much and others are like oh I could NEVER stay at home for such a long time I'd be so bored - I have to use my brain. I just mumble something like 'oh yeh' now and change the subject. I don't know why women are like that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep the comment I could never go back so early. The poor baby. Or i could never go back full time again. Not good for the child.

Oh that made me feel great. Not!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I respect women that are stay at home mum. Not easy. Having to entertain their children all the time and never ending house chores. But I also respect women that go back full time and require help from childcare, family or nanny. It's just what works for the family right. Not anyone's business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I was a bit shocked at the opinions at first but now I've realised even more will come after bub will come so practicing the 'ignoring silly opinions' now 😜

I'm going to do a bit of research into hypno birthing. Will let you know more when I find out. Are you going to try for natural? Soo many opinions on what to do there as well! Lol