Closed Thread
Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey @Minib. I'm doing well. Just chugging along. Yeh nappy bags can be expensive and I actually got a free matching one with the pram I bought so feeling bad that I've already bought one. But I'm thinking you probably use more than one anyways. The one with the pram is a bit bigger. We bought a whole bunch of large items together to take advantage of sales. How are u going? Has the morning sickness eased now? When is next scan? Last two days bub hasn't been kicking when he normally does and that stresses me out a bit lol. Always trying to feel him kick now. Have u started to feel anything?

@bbhope you need to do what feels right for you. Don't worry about the boss. I'm sure he's just venting but doesn't mean it. I'm actually going on holiday at 26 weeks. My OB said its fine but I'm only flying for 3 hrs. Hope its ok with the cabin pressure etc but OB said anything before 32 weeks is ok. I'm seeig him again next in 1.5 weeks.
    My prenatal classes are booked in from week 30 too. Im thinking of doing hypno birthing classes too.

@Tanej78 - thinking of you and hope you are taking care of yourself. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhop I'm wrong my prenatal classes are booked in from week 34 and 35. I'm doing the intensive weekend classes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope thanks lovely.. I was the one who hijacked your space its all good @Gelati I'm just trying to get on with stuff... wait for my next FS appoint on the 22nd of July and go from there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Tanej78: you are always welcome here but totally understand if you don't want to be part of the pregnancy talk thread. Hope you will join us soon, though.
    @Gelati: I don't think i will have any problem flying right now. I am not that big just yet but I am already feeling uncomfortable from time to time so can't imagine what I would be at 28w+. It sounded like growth will go a bit faster when one gets into third trimester.

This is an international trip, (7hrs+2hrs) flight. I don't want to give birth at a foreign country.....it isn't like they are flying me business.

Ya, same one day class at 36w. They said that there is another class related to physio and breastfeeding. That would be a separated one. I don't know if i want to attend this one, though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope hope you don't mind me jumping in... Ive worked in the travel industry for almost 17years and 13 of those with an airline... you've made the right choice, Travel Insurance is hard to get when your pregnant, and im pretty sure those that will cover pregnancy won't cover you if its an IVF pregnancy.

Domestic travel is completely different, obviously because medically you're covered no matter where you're going, and the flying time is much shorter

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the best this month @Tanej78. Hope your FS can give you some answers and some other methods to try. Monash IVF are fantastic and they are always at the forefront of testing and research. And of course we would love for you to stay or pop in whenever you feel like.

@bbhope I can't believe they weren't going to fly you business class. A pregnant woman and economy for 9 hrs 😳 your boss sounds pretty insensitive. Good on you for saying no to him. Yeh i figure domestic travel is ok given I'm still covered via insurance and its a short flight think I'll be 27 weeks actually but only going for a week.

I think the breastfeeding classes would be useful if you are planning in breast feeding. I heard it takes a bit of practice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nah...i never have the privilege to fly business, not even premium economy. I can't even use my point to upgrade on international flight because airline is pretty strict about upgrading from economy fare. Budget cut and even less travel from now on, although not that i need to travel for another year.

I asked about the insurance before I booked the ticket. I'm fully insured as per work policy. Any hospital visit etc at the foreign country will be covered. However, when i asked about what if i give birth, they insurance representative seemed to brush it off by repeating the hospital visit cover etc. Most international flight/airline requires dr cert after 28w of pregnancy. I'm sure that they set this up based on the risk. @Tanej78: how do they even find out if this is an IVF pregnancy? I didn't mention anything to work. Anyway, I am just hoping to get most of the ticket covered by the insurance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sounds like you did the right thing. Even if it is covered by insurance you dot want to be giving birth in a foreign country. Better safe than sorry. Yeh I got my doc to write a letter even tho I am travelling just within 28 weeks. I'm sure it's to cover the airline as in the past women with high risks were probably still flying. So my OB has to state that I'm not at risk in his opinion and that it's safe for me to travel. I will see him just before I go to make sure all is still good. Can't wait to go on this holiday. Really need some time off!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope @Gelati Yep for domestic flights under 4 hours as long as you have no likelihood of impending birth you can fligh right up til 37weeks, but we always recommended getting a doctors letter for day of travel.

Travel Insurance is such a hard thing, even working in the industry for so long, there were so many hidden clauses, my best friend (who worked with me at airline) 3rd pregnancy, all natural had struggles getting coverage, and only would cover her if she went into labor due to an accident, not if she went into labor naturally... go figure... so we just had a laugh and said that she would have to turn up at hospital saying she tripped over if she did.. (never happened anyway) ... as far as it goes with the IVF part Im not sure, but the last thing you want is they do find out and its something you didnt disclose and they don't cover you... Insurance is a tricky thing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Tanej78 good to know. I think the not covering if you go into labour naturally is to prevent people who aren't covered under private insurance to just go on a holiday to another country and give birth under private there. As you know there's a 12 mth waiting period before you are covered so maybe they think women would use that loophole. Not that I'd think there'd be many who would do such a crazy thing but I suppose if yore family were in a different country you could easily take advantage of that arrangement. But yeh like you said insurance companies have so many clauses and will do anything to get out of paying so I def wouldn't be holding bak any disclosures of medical history cos they have ways of finding out if you make a claim.