Closed Thread
Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bbhope - def stay here and chat with us as minib said, it's our own little DIG. I did have a look at the larger DIG chat but it did seem to be quiet and also cos i joined quite late i wasn't sure where everyone was. I'm not a big fan of fb either. I do enjoy our chats here
    @Minib when is your scan next week? Bet you can't wait! Hope you start getting some relief soon. I'm still getting nausea in the mornings when i have an empty stomach and if i eat too much. I have a feeling i'm going to get heartburn :/ You're lucky you don't have to worry about all those big ticket items. My credit card is sure taking a beating! i've spent most of the weekend looking and buying stuff! Haven't started thinking about names yet! Have you guys agreed on a few?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My scan is tomorrow @Gelati I can't wait. So excited but feel a bit nervous at the same time. Guess we never stop feeling nervous huh.

Yeah so lucky. I'm saving thousand dollars not worrying about those stuff.

We have narrowed down a few names. At the moment we have one that we really like but won't say it's definitely going to be that one yet. We'll see how we feel. It's been quite easy as we seem to have a few common names that we love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I still have ms but more so in the morning. Definitely worse on empty stomach. Doesn't seem like eating a big breakfast woke either. I just need or throw up a couple times in the morning before getting a hang of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Goodluck for tmr minib! No the nervousness never goes. It's a little better once you feel the kicks but I think at every scan you still feel nervous.
    Aw well you're doing well as it sounds like it's easing. Are there certain foods that make u feel better? I find eating high carb foods make me feel more nauseous. Also eating restaurant food that is processed makes me feel worse. That's why I'm sticking to salads and western foods like steak, pan fried chicken etc. noodles etc doesn't make me feel great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: yeah for the scan tomorrow! Hope your ms eases after 12w. Haha...i don't trust fb security either. I need to do a mass clean up of my friend list if i ever want to announce on FB. LOL. No time for that and i rarely post anything. People who are close to us will eventually know/hear from us.

No, i haven't thought about the name. I think we will wait until a bit later.

I had another episode of (almost) blank out yesterday. It was the third time this year and second time during this pregnancy (since 16w!). The first time was explainable as I was at the sport training session and i wasn't fit enough to keep up with the coach. That's early this year before i started the IVF. Yesterday, I had a light breakfast and wasn't feeling too hungry. DH and I were shopping. All of the sudden, i was feeling hot, heart was beating fast, starting to see fuzzy. I reckon the symptom and immediately excused myself to the toilet. I poured the cold water onto my face to cool off and drank out of the water fountain (luckily they have one). I recovered pretty quick. DH was a bit confused what happened. I don't know what causes it. Dehydration? Blood pressure? Blood sugar level? The last time was at the hospital tour. Honestly, I thought i was going to pass out listening to the lady talking. Thankfully, I didn't and i was able to did the same trick as i was yesterday.

I am long due to see the OB so i will ask him about it. He wanted me to see him at 20w after the morph scan but i know that he won't do a scan at his room if i just did the scan. I ended up seeing him at the hospital for infusion at 20w, though. Appt this fri. I will push him to let me see the bub if he wants to skip it. My credit card is going to bleed this month with 20w OB fee, infusion etc!

We went to the baby/kid second hand market over the weekend. It is once a month or 1.5 month thing in Perth. We went an hr late of start time so the good looking playmats were all sold. I couldn't believe how cheap the stuff is there. $1--$2 for small items. It looks more like people just want to clean out their garage. LOL. We picked up some new born toys, blanket and few onesies. We stopped by another second hand shop on the way home. Got a good condition playmat there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope all went well today @Minib!
    @bbhope i had this once at around 7 weeks and it's because i only had a piece of fruit for breakfast. I think it was low blood sugar and maybe low blood pressure? but when my levels were checked i was fine so it must just be because i didn't eat much for breakfast and i also went for a 4km walk. I would ask your OB and see what they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    All went well today ladies. Was very happy to see the little baby in there. All growing nicely.
    @bbhope wow black out sounds scary. Do you normally have low bp? My bp is generally on the low side anyway but I never black out. Best to ask your ob. But did you have enough to eat or drink that day when you weren't feeling well?
    @Gelati I need carbs like potato, rice and pasta otherwise I will feel hungry and sick. Oh well hopefully it will pass soon.
    @bbhope you sound like you've done a fair bit of shopping. I've got a bubbamat already. Lucky!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yay so glad to hear it @Minib! i bet this scan gave you big relief! so happy for you hun Bring on second trimester and reduced MS

I needed high carb during first trimester. I craved it heavily. now well into 2nd trimester i feel like i don't need it anymore and crave more protein and vegies. Just listen to your body i think. It will tell you what it wants. I think the only thing to not overindulge on is sugar but it's a hard one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive relief. I can enjoy it and don't need to hide my bump now.

Yeah I reckon I might change some of my diet slowly. Gotta be careful about gd so will try to cut down on white rice, white bread etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep you can make it official now, hehe.

i really don't want to get GD either. I am finding it hard to cut down on sugar but need to try harder. urgh! I had lots of sugar today. Will be better tmr. lol