Closed Thread
Page 44 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @bbhope I can't believe they asked if it's planned. It's none of their business. That's rude! Some people don't realise but certain questions hurt and put us in a difficult position to lie or tell the truth. I was suspicious about a few pregnancies in the past but I never asked. I always just wait for the announcement.

I think I'll start telling people after week 14 which is when I see ob to get the all clear. I'm pretty sure by then I would have switched to maternity wear anyway and everyone would probably know anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati is your Monday appointment for week 18/19? Will ob tell you the gender or do you need to wait for the proper scan?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib I am 18 weeks tmr. I don't think OB will tell me cos he's only got a small machine but even if he offers I'll say no and wait till official when hubby is with me. It will be nice to find out together. I think on basically checks size an heart beat and maybe he can tell position of placenta but not sure.
    How are u feeling? Any relief yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati is 18 weeks appointment standard? Yeah wait for your dH there as well when you find out. It's a special moment.

I'm not feeling any relief yet but I'm handling it much better. I don't feel down anymore. Just pure happiness. Even when I throw up I just rub my tummy and tell my baby yes I know you are growing. I still throw up 5-6 times but manageable. I think mentally I'm stronger so things seem easier. Only a few more weeks then it will be easier.

Did you girls watch the block? There was a couple george and bec. I read her blog tonight about her first trimester. Wow she had it so tough. Was even hospitalised. After reading that, I think I've had it pretty easy with the ms

Thanks
    Reviews
    As long as the scan on Thursday showing everything on track, it is all worth it. It will be on track. I'm sure I'll have a healthy baby this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib you and bub will be alright this time around. That's great you are feeling positive. Aww how cute. Yes bub is just growing and ur body is working overtime. Won't be long now. You're doing well. Yes some women have it for their whole pregnant and hospitalized many times. Are you staying hydrated now?

I really don't know. My OB just wants to see me regularly and books appointments in independently of scan. Sometimes I see him every 3 weeks sometimes 4. This time is just over 4. If something is wrong with ultrasound he gets contacted immediately and I see him urgently. He wrote out all my slips at the beginning so this u/s referral is the last one I have. How does ur OB work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm definitely drinking a lot more now but still probably only around 1.5l a day. I used to drink over 2L a day. Oh and I'm cheating. I added some cranberry juice in my water for now. But weaning it off next week. Hopefully.

Saw on at 8 weeks. Next time I see him is at 14 weeks after my scan. But he always calls after all scan and blood test. I will see him again at 17 weeks then the usual 20-21 weeks. After that I am not quite sure how often. My ob writes out referral slip as I need it. I'll get another urine test in a few weeks to make sure no more bacteria

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adding cranberry juice isn't cheating I don't think. Anything to help you keep hydrated. I have sparkling water and add some orange juice or natural cordial sometimes

So far I've had 7, 10, 13, 18. I think my next one will be at 21/22 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh wow...this thread moves fast. I retired for the evening and didn't catch up until now.

Sorry to hear that your MS is still pretty bad. I got luck out with that. Mine wasn't as bad as yours. Peppermint tea did wonder for me. Whenever i feel nausea, I'll have a cup.

Gelati, my OB machine isn't super good but he was able to tell the position of the placenta. That's when he shown me it has covered the cervix on the 16w scan. Not clear but I could see it myself. Well, i feel there is no point of setting up an appt with OB next week given the 20w scan will be a week later. Besides, i doubt he will have an opening. It is a good 2 hrs effort for each OB appt. I haven't done the glucose BT that he ordered at 16w. It might have been an excuse to see him to discuss if it comes back high again. I am just too scare to find out........but I'll have to do it next week for sure.

Yes, I have been trying to think positively. I'm not sure checking on BH general threads is a good idea. I read some sad stories so it naturally got me scare about losing the bub even this far along.

During my first trimester, I had a LOT of scans. Everything has slowed down at 2nd trimester. So far, i have 12w scan at an imaging center, 13w and 16w OB appts. Coming up is 20w anomaly scan and 21w OB appt to follow up.

I got a schedule sheet from OB office. He will see me every 4 weeks until 30w of pregnancy. Biweekly until 36w. Weekly until delivery.

Do you ladies mind PM me your OB management, delivery fee and each appt fee? I am just curious how it compares in different states. My friend had a super exp OB so i think mine is reasonable, although I haven't had any for comparison.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope i will PM you my ob fee schedule

How come your gd test so early at 16 weeks? Mine is at 28 weeks.