Closed Thread
Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @bbhope no I'm sure you are getting bigger and it's not fat. You are almost half way there so def not fat. I'm def showing now. It's a little bump and very hard. And it's also moved up as well. Used to be around my pelvis but now up around my belly button. So weird. At least I am getting some bladder relief tho. Haha.I had to loosen my mat pants one notch on Monday. But I still try to hide the bump with a scarf

@Minib that was exactly what happened to me. Things started to feel tight around 10 weeks. You will start to feel your waistline go. Yay, we are all getting rounder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How was the scan, ladies?

I am getting very impatient. LOL. I wish they didn't change my appt from next Sat to the following fri. I feel like ages.......grr. Baby doesn't seem to move much lately. I can't feel the movement but the doppler has picked up baby at the same spot in the last 4 days.........in the past, bub seems to be all over the place. Less space to move?

Finally, I told one of my good friends yesterday. She gave me some maternity clothes and books. She was a bit surprised that I am so far along. I decided to keep it to myself to colleagues who go out with me often. The conversation does get a bit awkward sometime without them knowing but it is for the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope don't have my official scan for a couple of weeks but will have an OB scan next Monday which will be nice. It's been so long since my last one.
    My meeting with the mid wife was mainly for her to explain something things to me and a chance for me to ask questions. She also booked me in for some classes - physio to explain what exercises I should be doing and then I'll meet some of the mid wives at the birthing classes.

It's hard In between scans isn't it @bbhope? You have no idea if everything is normal or not. I'm sure everything is fine tho. Why did they have to move your appointment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my scan yesterday. I am measuring 5 days behind what I thought I might be but there was a good heartbeat so as I am just guessing when I ovulated I just have to stay positive. I am having another scan next week to hopefully put my mind at ease.

Bbhope sorry they moved your scan till nearly a week later. The waiting is so hard.

Gelati good to hear you will see your little bub on Monday.

Minib I hope your morning sickness has eased a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26: i hope it is just wrong on the O date. FX.
    @Gelati: for some reasons, i thought you have a scan with them during the visit as well.

They moved me because the sonographer won't be available on the original booked in date. I would be 19w. I just called them and see if they can move me earlier. This 4ww is driving me crazy. I read that one can start the scan as early as 18w but they won't do it earlier than 19w. They can move me two days earlier. Sigh....it doesn't make much difference. Still another 2ww.

I guess i have been in stress at work and other things at home since last week. Believe it or not, i lost some weights in the last 3 days and feel as my belly is getting smaller.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two colleagues came up to me and asked just now. I told the manager on Monday because I wanted to know more about the parental leave before chatting with the boss next week. I wonder if she told them. They said no. I doubt she would do that knowing I haven't told anyone. The colleagues said that fat is in the wrong place. LOL. OK. My jumper doesn't help covering it up anymore. It looks like this will go virial in the dept fairly soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 a good strong heartbeat is a reassuring sign. Goodluck next week hun, hope you can put your mind at ease. Given that it's not Ivf who knows what date it should be at. My friend was measuring 3 days small and all good.

@bbhope - nah I chose to have phone meeting cos I'm super busy at work. No need to go in for this meeting. The midwife sounded really nice though and kept asking if I have more questions. She was very patient and caring.

Geez what workplace is this?? I've been speaking about it openly with my manager and one colleague and still no one I have not officially told has dared to ask me. Your colleagues sound very rude. Unless these are your friends at work? My friends at work still didn't ask me tho.

Oh I think my belly shrinks sometimes too. Then I think it hasn't grown and then I think I'm huge. It's just the mind playing tricks on you. If you are really worried you can measure from your pelvic line to you belly button. This will tell you exactly how much you are growing

Can't wait for my OB scan on Monday. About time! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 try not to worry. Because it's a natural, there is a possibility that you ovulated late. Hopefully next week scan shows that baby is growing nicely and they can just adjust the due date. What was the heart rate? What day is your scan next week?
    @bbhope what did you say to your work colleagues when they asked? I had a few people asked I just brushed it off. You are almost 20 weeks yeah? So you prob won't be able to hide it much longer? Is your bump obvious?
    @Gelati good luck with the ob appointment on Monday. I bet you are excited!

My scan is next Thursday so yay less than a month to go. Can't wait. Getting really excited!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am in the project team and normally have lunch with the admin ladies + 1 project team colleague at the lunch area. That's when people would gossip about other stuff. All the admin ladies are older and have kids. I won't call the admin ladies friend. They are lovely and nice. I'm more close to the project team colleague. We hang out outside of work. Yes, friend. But no, i won't want her to know just yet because she really won't shut her mouth about anything to anyone. Sometime she told me stuff that i don't think the involved person wants me to know.

So.....I havent had lunch with them in the past two weeks. I think two admin ladies notice it this morning when we have a brief tea session every fri. Luckily, i was on my way out for lunch. Otherwise, all others at the lunch area would have known today! They came to me and I immediately sensed what they were up to. I got into a meeting room, closed the door and then they asked. No. I didn't deny it. One of them even asked me if it is planned. Almost wanted to tell her that we just got drunk and knocked up. LOL. I kind of blurred it out saying you can't plan for everything in life. I know this day would come so i wasn't offended. I know them personally not like my boss wife who I only met a few times! I did lie to one admin few weeks back because I certainly wasn't ready and didn't feel right before my parents know about it.

I have this discussion with DH just a week ago about this. He agrees that I can't really hide it anymore. We will just admit when someone asks. We won't deliberately announce to everyone other than telling boss and close friends who respect privacy/are not nosy.

Well, i am not sure it is obvious. I feel like i have been like this "bloating" since 5w. I guess the bump looks rounder and more to the front (belly button is starting to pop out). That's why those admin ladies recognize it straight away. I won't go into details with them and will just keep it simple. No IVF etc conversation.

Good luck with the appt gelati, minib and emerald26!

I am still hanging onto my 2ww...... grr

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm excited for you too @Minib! Not long now

@bbhope I'm the same now. Not officially telling but if someone asks I'll tell them. But no one dares to ask. I'm not that obvious yet. But I know ppl suspect it but they are too polite to ask. Can u sneak in an OB appointment to get a scan? Waiting another two weeks would be hard.