Closed Thread
Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm seeing the midwife on week 24 appointment.

@bbhope that's a tough one re hospital. My hospital isn't the biggest one but it can handle emergency after 32 weeks pregnancy. It's 10 mins away from home so I like it. I actually chose the hospital before selecting the ob a couple years ago. But it works out really well as my OB is really good. The group of ob support in case he's not available is all pretty awesome. I'm not sure how important it is that ob works better with the midwife. But it sounds like you prefer where your ob prefers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think a few people at work are very suspicious. Some asked that I look unwell. Also noticed my random eating habits. Oh well I don't care.

I'm so mad at myself right now. Stupid me! Last night I read up that lack of water consumption could lead to uti so of course today I really forced myself to drink more. But guess it's a bit late. OB rang. They found some bacteria in my urine. I have to take some antibiotic now. It's not uti and ob said not serious and won't harm the baby. But I'm still so annoyed at myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @Minib don't beat yourself up about that, these things happen and you've not been feeling well. Sounds like they caught it early, not uti yet and it'll be all good soon. I know it's crap cos it just feels like another thing but if dr isn't worried then try not to worry because it's not going to do any damage to Bub. Are you starting to feel better or still crappy? Almost there. I bet you can't wait till next thu. I can't wait either! Really looking forward to your good news and hopefully it'll out your mind at ease too
    I wonder why my interview is so much earlier than yours. I chose a phone interview because they said it was an option. I think cos it's just the initial interview. Anywas I'll let you guys know how it goes. It's tmr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Gelati I was just really hoping for a very boring pregnancy. To be honest the closer to next Thursday the more anxious I get. Wrong attitude. Geez I really need to snap and only happy positive thoughts.

But yes once next Thursday is all good. I'll be happy. Really happy.

Hm maybe my 24 week appointment isn't interview. OB just said at 24 week I'll meet his midwife.

How are you going @Gelati have you feel movement yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    On my first pregnancy (chem pregnancy), I chose an OB based on the hospital i wanted to go. I didn't get that far as we all know that. This time is a bit different. I went to see this OB for the infusion since he is the only one doing it in Perth. No need to fly to Sydney every few weeks like all other ladies did in the past. I say only one because he isn't associated with any fertility clinic and happy to take any patient. He seems to be easy going and nice so I don't have any complain. His fee is in the medium rank. Thus, the decision to stay with him after opting out the public option.

I am in a profession that requires team work every now and then. I understand how important it is to work with someone who can even read your body language. That says i prefer going to the hospital OB preferred. Besides, it is within walking distance to OB clinic. OB can just pop in anytime when the bub is ready. It is just a bit far from home. I can't imagine driving through the freeway traffic in the peak hour when the baby is about to come! They only handle birth 34w onward same as the other hospital. I told DH that if there is any emergency, just go straight to the public hospital nearby. I know all complicated cases and pre-term babies are sent there. Too bad, I am not in the catchment to get in.

I created a thread on bubhub and asked about the priv hospital OB preferred. I got mostly positive reviews. While it is small, their maternity ward is quite well known here. Extremely high C-section rate, though. The midwives sort of know me now because i have been there for infusion many times. Ha....none of them dare to put an IV catherer in me anymore! Even the OB had a hard time sometime with my vein.....

Anyway, i'll sit on it for a few days and rethink. Who would have thought choosing a hospital is so hard?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I know darl. Big hugs. But this is an easily fixable problem so still technically a boring pregnancy 👍 completely understand feeling more anxious as scan approaches. Totally normal. Especially what you've been through. But yes keep positive hun, remember what emerald said? There's a much better chance of it being all good than not.

No not feeling anything. Sometimes that worries me but as soon as the worry hits I put it out of my mind. Nothing I can do and I've doe more than enough worrying during this whole Ivf process. Trying to stay positive too. Belly seems to be growing so that must be a good sign right? Yep just trying to keep positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope your ob sounds like exactly the one you need. I can't imagine flying to Sydney every few weeks. The traffic does sound annoying but hopefully you can fly through the traffic that day. I think with your history, I'll be leaning towards a hospital where the staff know you well. It will really help on the day. That's good that the hospital got good review too. Seems like a winner so far but a good idea to just sit on it for a few days.

@Gelati you have nothing to worry about. Can still be a bit early to feel kicks and stuff. Everything has been going well and it will continue to.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear that they found bacteria. Hope the antibiotic will do the magic. I know how annoying it is to put more med into our body. That's why I am still not yet taking provera. I want to wait until 20w scan to decide.

Oh...gelati. I also haven't felt any movement. It is kinda annoying. I have a bump and it is obvious but DH said that i have it for a long time since 5w! But I do think i am getting bigger. Hahah....purely fat. One of my nosy colleagues hasn't asked anything just yet because when she asked last time i wasn't pregnant. LOL.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do they have a chat window or some sort? It looks like you ladies are online and the thread moves fast when i was typing it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I'm online don't think bh has a chat window.

I already feel better about the bacteria. I trust it will be fine. I am pretty good in bouncing back but still need to fall into panic mode for a bit hahaha.

Oh girls, my sister told me tonight that I have a bigger tummy already haha. She said a bump. I'm not even 10 weeks but yes everything is tight!