Closed Thread
Page 41 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't have a preference just yet. I have seen Graco, Bugaboo(?), baby jogger city mini etc online. I like light and easy to fold one. The downside is probably that u can't turn it around facing u. It is best to do test drive. Graco is quite cheap in the U.S. Site. Not sure about the quality, though. I don't they sell it here anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm looking into the bugaboo too. Heard from quite a few people it's good but need to go try out a few so I know what's good for me. The pram seems to be the hardest to decide on. So many different choices!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup. I think we won't rush into selecting a pram first.

The hospital visit today wasn't exactly what i expected. It was more like a tutorial for people who already booked in. At the end of the tour, it didn't give me the answer of why i should come here. Their online website seems to have more info than what i'd seen today (such as free wifi, tv, webcam etc). The upside is that it is a LOT closer to our home than the other OB preferred hospital. I didn't get to ask all the questions that i wanted to ask as well. After a question or two, the tour lady started to back away and wanted to run off at the end of the tour. So not sure if we will even bother to go to the other one next week. It isn't like we don't know the hospital has bed, pillow and bathroom. I am more interested in knowing how the midwife group function. Do they work in a team? What is patient to midwife ratio? At what point they would let you admitted etc. I don't know.....maybe i just have a different expectation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've not looked into pram at all. We have plenty of time and will look into it after the first trimester. But some friends have taken ages to research. Bugaboo I heard is super awesome. Not cheap though.

Oh no @bbhope that's disappointing that you didn't have a good hospital tour. I don't think I will bother with one. I know which one I want and have heard lots of good review about it from friends. The other plus is its really close to home.

Tonight I might have had a bit too much chilli. Oops. I have very high tolerance of chilli normally. I've tried my best to avoid chilli this pregnancy but some days everything tastes like yikes unless I add chilli to it. Tonight though I might have had a tad too much. I feel ok though. I could handle a lot more normally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also I have decided to do the harmony test. I'll get another viability scan followed by blood test. So by the time I see my OB at week 14, hopefully I get all test results back and confirm everything is going well. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope sorry to hear about your experience at the hospital. They seem like legitimate questions to me. Is there another forum for you to ask questions? Maybe the tour is just purely a tour to see the facilities?

I'm the same as minib. Won't be doing a tour as we have been recommended our hospital by lots of people. I have an interview with the midwife this wed, I think that's when they give you all the info? But I'm already booked in. I'm sure I also saw on their website that you can book a meeting with a midwife before you book the hospital. Maybe see if this hospital has that option?

Goodluck with your harmony tests @Minib. Bring on 14 weeks! yeh bugaboo is expensive. But wait for sales or buy online

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Good that you have decided to do the harmony. Ha...chilli...i love it too. I had restricted myself one a week during first trimester but now i am going a bit crazy with it. If i have asian food, it just tastes bland without it. I certainly don't put chilli on my steak.
    @Gelati: how comes your interview is so early?

It looks like DH and I have a different opinion. I asked him about the hospital last night. He thought i was interested in going to the one we just visited. His point is that it is a lot closer to our home and it seems like a decent hospital. However, my mind is telling me the OB preferred hospital. I have been to that hospital many times for the infusion. If it isn't because OB seems to know the midwives there better, I would go to the one we visited for sure. The one we saw over the weekend is a larger hospital and seems to be well equipped. So if you were me, would you prefer going to a larger hospital, closer to home (15 mins non peak hr drive) or one that's further away (30 mins non peak hr drive ), smaller hospital but OB works well with the midwive team?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I love chili too. I had a really spicy dish on sat. Soo spicy! I try to limit how much I have that's spicy but if I really want it I'll still have it hot bubba!!! Hehe

@bbhope is that early? I have no idea, just went along with them. I will most likely have a tour later on just to check it out.
    Mm that's a dilemma. If I were you I would meet the midwives at the big hospital and ask ur questions. If you like them then go with that. For me I like close and big. As long as it has a good reputation. Have u had friends go there? They are good to get advice from.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the hospital tour, the person said something like 26w+ for the interview.

Well, I have one friend who just gave birth at that big hospital last October. she has been asking when we want to have a baby each I meet her. So kinda annoying and I haven't told her. If I ask, it would be million of questions.

Not many ppl know. I think I am taking the strategy of admitting only if someone asks. Our manager knows now since I wanted to find out more about parental leave. Boss doesn't know yet but he probably suspects it since the weekend lunch thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I wonder why mine is so early. I think they said the interview is around 18 - 20 weeks. Not sure what we'll be talking about. Maybe it's about prenatal classes?

Oh this if ppl don't know yet you can't ask. I wanted to keep it a secret but can't help blurting it out! lol. So most of my people know now. Also some of my friends knew from day 1 as I needed people to talk to about it.
    I think go with your gut. You have to be comfortable with it.