Closed Thread
Page 39 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We will definitely be doing the NIPS. I am 39 so my NT scan is going to be high risk. Even with my 2 normal pgd embryos the geneticist said I would still need to do NIPS as the NT would give me high risk. Like lileitak, we wouldn't terminate for T21, but most probably would for T13 and T18. I am dreading the NIPs because that is where I went for the 10 week scan before the blood tests to discover no heartbeat. I am getting ahead of myself though as I have to get through my 7 week scan next week.

I had never heard of the vgcs one.

With pgd 2 of my 4 embryos were normal so I keep telling myself I have a 50% chance that things will be ok and trying to stay calm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @Emerald26 I'm dreading the 10 week scan as well. We had no heartbeat at the 12 week scan but the bub was only measuring 10 weeks so I really need a scan to see heartbeat at 10 week it give me comfort. My OB must have given me the option of which one to do because of my age. NIPS makes sense for you if your nt will return high risk. So I forgot to ask ob about when to stop pessaries. Oh well I might as well buy another box and continue until my 10 week scan then call him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am older than u, minib. OB didn't give the option of NIPT. I asked about it.

Oh..my FS wanted me to stop pessaries around 8w. Since I was traveling on long haul flight, she wanted me to keep on using until I returned. I weaned it off at 12w. You must stop by 16w or else it affects the function of placenta. Progesterone helps to prevent contraction. I think the same reason OB is prescribing provera for my low lying placenta. I assume u aren't in Perth. Otherwise, happy to pass on the left over pessaries.

Doppler is the best $30 investment i have done. I can't feel the baby moves just yet (suck about anterior placenta) but I can now hear the baby kicks. oh...don't want to be the advocate as the Doppler isn't for anyone. Might cause more worries.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I'm in melb otherwise would have taken the offer. I also think my FS would want me to stop now but I reckon another week won't hurt. Good to know I have to stop before week 16 but honestly I would only want to use pessaries for a few more weeks. One less thing to do before bed haha.

That's awesome you can hear the baby kick. Must be beautiful sound to your ears. I don't want to get ahead of myself so only aim to get through week by week. I think week 10 is the big week for me mentally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for all the info ladies. I'm going to ask my OB why I didn't need those other tests. Wonder why there is so much variation in tests that are offerred.
    @bbhope I can't feel bub kick yet either. That's great you can hear it on the Doppler

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: do u have anterior or posterior placenta?

Yes, I can't wait for not thinking about the drugs. Unfortunately, more being added. Off clexane on Sunday. A bit worried........ Given that nothing will be monitored.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure @bbhope. My last scan was at 12 weeks and they didn't mention anything. I'll ask at the 20 week scan

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati: perhaps it is best not knowing so early. It has been a worrying issue for me. I know there is still a chance to move up and i hope it does. Having anterior placenta sucks...adding low-lying even worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Which week did they tell you bbhope? 12 weeks may have been to early to tell for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I queried about it at 13w at OB appt. He looked at it quickly and shown me it is right next the cervix. At 16w appt, i asked again. The scan shown it has covered the cervix. But he doesn't want to make any conclusion until 20w scan. In the meantime, he prescribed me the provera. As i mentioned earlier, once it covers the cervix, the chance of moving up is very tiny. BUT i am still hoping it will......FX.