Closed Thread
Page 37 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Gelati does vitb12 help? Didn't know that. And what a great idea about the 14 week scan. Didn't think of it. Love it.

I'm having a much better day. A good day actually. Not as sick and feel very grateful. Now I feel bad for ranting yesterday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will have a quick post and will read more carefully tonight. I have been in the whole day meeting and my head hurts. Lol. Just duck out to get a "coffee" break. Hehe. Water instead.

Poor you. Minib. I was pretty bad at the beginning. No throw up but almost. I ate a lot of different kid vitamin. Elevit is giving me too much iron. so I am swapping with pure folate every other day. Are u takin elevit. It has a lot of b12 as well.

Oh. Boss wife has kids. All grown up and moved out. Ya. Some people are just rude.

Oh. I saw the OB at 16w. It is typical for them to see u in between 12--20w. I saw him at 13w and he almost didn't want to do the scan since we just did 12w scan. He only wanted to discuss the result. It was me bringing up the slow growth that he scanned me just to make sure.

So next one would be 20w and I doubt he would do scan again at 21w appt. I figure if the placenta still low, it is best to see him sooner after the 20w scan.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope did you say the growth was slow? I thought you said previously it was ok. I hope the placenta moves up for you.
    @Minib sorry you have been so sick. I have occasional nausea but haven't actually been sick. I think you have an appointment tomorrow. If so all the best for it.
    @Gelati glad to hear all is well with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no. It was slow on 12w scan but it was fine when the OB did it again at 13w. I am not sure if the 12w measurement was off. Scan at OB office has always been on schedule. I am off the immune drugs now so it would be more nervous later on to find out baby growth. As for placenta, I don't know how to feel about it. Try not to worry but so hard. I am not sure if this is the reason why baby is lying so low. My Doppler always picks up baby heartbeat in the area where u get period cramp. I am sure there us a better word for it. So ya, all the belly showing is all fat. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies. Had my appointment with ob today. So I had miscommunication with him. He can't do internal ultrasound in his room and he said it's still a tad too early for external scan. So I'm now booked in for a proper scan at 10 weeks. Then pushing my 12 week scan out by a week. I'll get a scan on 13 week instead and see him for results on 14 week. By that stage, he can do a scan in his room if I need assurance. He also said I can see him again at week 16-17 if I want a scan as assurance. Will see how I go cos I might be fine by then.

So questions. He's offered NIPT and VCGS test. Did you girls do any? We are now thinking of doing the normal Down syndrome blood test as I thought the harmony tests more stuff. But it doesn't. It just provides more accuracy ie 99.8% compared to 90% accuracy with the normal test. Cost wise it's $500 vs $130. So we plan to go for the cheaper option first. If we are borderline for our results, then we will get the harmony test done. That way we only spend extra $130 instead of just wasting money.

The VCGS test test is for genetic carrier screening. It tests CF, FXS and SMA. Basically it is to make sure that I'm not a carrier of abnormal genes so it won't pass to the baby. This costs $385 out of pocket. Is this worth doing?
    @Emerald26 I asked about gestational diabetes for asian. He said it's genetic. Our metabolism is built differently. He said not much I can do but just to manage it if I get it. Although he said to avoid white bread or white rice if possible as it doesn't help. How are you going btw?
    @bbhope I take elevit and vitamin D.

Is anyone else taking calcium tablet? I don't drink milk at all since I got pregnant. It tastes yikes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib I can't remember if it was b12 or b6. I know one of the b vitamins is meant to help with nausea. That's good you are having some good days. They really help you get thru it. How are you feeling now?

Oh that sux about OB appointment. My OB doesn't have internal either but he could pick something up including Heath beat at 6.5 weeks just before my 7 week scan. How far along are you now?

As long as you can still do your tests at week 13 that sounds good. I heard ideal is at 12 weeks? I only did the $130 and no others. OB didn't even offer the harmony one so not very happy about that! I didn't know about it till after. Oh well too late now. So how far are you now before next ultrasound?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib have you had your blood and urine test yet to test vit levels? I think I did mine at 10 weeks so you probably haven't had yours yet. They can tell you if you are low in anything. Calcium may not be a bad idea if you aren't drinking milk. During my morning sickness I craved milk, cheese and yoghurt so I didn't have an issue but calcium is important for you and baby. Something about yor teeth especially.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati no I haven't had those tests yet. Will do them on Friday. Yeah calcium important for teeth and bone. I hope I'm not lacking. Don't like milk and cheeses normally anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I rang the ultrasound place and they said it's preferred to be closer to 13 weeks. I'll have mine on 13w1d due to queens birthday. It's vitamin b6 that could help ms. I'll see how I go. Today was a good day.

Hm that's disappointing. I'm 8w2d today I would have thought he could do a scan too. Oh well it's done so can't be too annoyed about it now. My next scan is on 21st May which is 10w3d. 2ww haha.

So you didn't do the cystic fibrosis and spinal tests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Urgh another 2ww. Wish time would go faster! Just want bub in my arms! Lol. I haven't seen anything for over a month now. No idea what's happening in there.

No only did NT test. My OB didn't recommend anything else. What does that test involve?