Closed Thread
Page 36 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Day 5 blasto FET on day 4?

@Minib my husband is friends with a guy who is Vietnamese and he told him that his wife had diabetes with all her pregnancies and that most Asian women did? I was surprised but you have heard the same thing. Maybe it is to do with rice. I doubt it would be most Asian women but maybe just a higher percentage than other races.

I had more blood taken today and was told my levels were good and no more blood tests. Even though it is not IVF he will still do a 7 week scan for me in 2 weeks. I thought I might have to wait till 9 weeks. I have had brown spotting this week which has eased but it is really doing my head in. Apart from that I feel fine apart from some horrible reflux.

It is hard working out what to eat. If I have to buy lunch I stand there really overthinking things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just googled and it said women from certain races including south asian, Hispanic, Middle Eastern and chinese are more prone to gestational diabetes. It doesn't explain why. I will ask ob next week.
    @Emerald26 yay good to see all your levels are good. No more BT. 7 week scan is good. It's reassuring plus good for dating. When is your 7 week scan? Brown spotting apparently can be quite common. Nothing to worry about. Going really well !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope how was the ob appointment?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow..this thread moves so fast last night.

@Emerald76: good to hear that level is good. Did the dr suggest anything for the thyroid level?

@Gelati: no, you can't bring any bottled water on board of flights going to US and Australia. They check just before you board. Apparently, only these two countries. Ya, I didn't think about they might serve bottled water in business class. Honestly, i wasn't very impressed with the airline. I flew with them last Oct, food was plenty. When i flew with them again few months ago, we were starving for the perth inbound and outbound legs. No more proper meal but a tiny snack box for the entire 7 hrs flight. DH got to eat my portion because i couldn't eat any of the food.

@Minib: we were happy to see the bub. The growth is fine. However, the placenta hasn't moved up despite uterus is expanding. Worse. It is now covering the cervix -- anterior previa. OB doesn't want to make any conclusion just yet but wants to wait until the 20w scan. I read that if it is covering the cervix, the chance of moving up is less. It will lead to a lot of pregnancy complications. Sigh...i feel like hitting the odd all the time. OB prescribed me provera to prevent any contraction which will lead to bleeding because of it. We were just thinking about buying a ticket to visit my parents next month (haven't been home for 2 yrs) but it looks like I won't be able to fly or do any long road trip for the rest of the pregnancy if that's the case. Thanks goodness that I am not doing business travel as much as i was last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope gosh I'm so sorry it hasn't been a smooth pregnancy so far. Provera is prescribed for ivf is that right? I'm not sure what it does. I also have to Google what you wrote about your anterior previa. It's scary how there are so many hurdles and issues you have to face for this baby. But I'm confident your ob knows what he's doing so best to trust him. When do you see him again? I hope you are feeling ok and not too stressed. Good to hear baby is growing nicely though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh @bbhope sorry to hear about the placenta. Fingers crossed that it corrects itself by week 20. I don't know much about it but a friend had that and had bleeding and went on to have a natural birth with a health baby. So it sounds like your doctor should be able to manage it.

Also didn't know that about flights to the U.S. haven't been there for awhile. Next time ask for sparkling water. That'll be from a bottle. And no food for for 7 hrs! You poor thing. What did they serve that you couldn't eat? I'd ask for a special meal cos your pregnant. Poor thing that would not have been a pleasant flight!

AFM - not much happening here. Belly is a bit bigger and now starting to walk and do pregnancy yoga & aerobics. It's nice to be active again. Also starting to eat healthy again now I'm not feeling like crap anymore xx

@Minib and @ emerald26 hope you ladies are traveling well xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: i am seeing OB after 20w scan. 21w, I think. 4ww. The wait is getting longer. LOL. He wants me to start taking provera now but I am quite reluctant to do it. I'm not sure if i should wait until 20w scan to find out it the placenta has moved up. I have been dosing up myself with meds and I just don't feel right to keep on going for the entire pregnancy. Of course, i'm not sure when will people start the bleeding episode with previa. It seems like only when the bub gets big and putting pressure on the placenta and cervix. FX that it moves! i am trying to beat the odd.

@Gelati: don't remember exactly what they served. I think it was a sandwich with mayonese chicken, cut fruits and not cold yogurt. Normally, i would eat the yogurt but it wasn't cold but like it had been put out for a long time. Ya, they must be on a budget cut. When i flew with them last Oct, they certainly served a hot meal for the perth bound. When is the next appt?

Oh.....We were invited to boss house for lunch yesterday. Guess what?! The first thing they served was sushi. DH was the first to grab some and i tried to pass on to the next person and then everyone looked at me asking why i didn't want to eat. I couldn't believe that his wife put me on the spot and went down the list of the ingredients of what i didn't eat/like. In the end, i said avocado. Everyone was shocked about my answer. Of course, you ladies know that it was the raw fish but i denied it. It was so embarrassing. And it happened to have something to celebrate yesterday. Everyone was poured a glass of champagne. I had a sip and lower my voice to tell hubby to finish mine. Ha....I couldn't believe that DH was doing it so obvious!! He politely asked if he could swap the glass now. OMG. Boss' wife was rude enough to ask me if i am pregnant! Luckily only in a language that we both understand. Seriously?!? RUDE. I denied it. No way i am going to tell her given that boss doesn't know yet. Besides, it is just so wrong to let someone who i am not even close with know before my parents know about it. I phoned my parents last night and now they know and we are planning to let some people know since my belly is getting a bit obvious.

I bet boss might have the suspicion since the party.......also will let him know once i figure out the parental leave part.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope some people are just so rude!! Even if she suspected something she should have just been polite and said nothing. My bosses know now and one did suspect something but would never ask. It's just so rude to put someone on the spot like that. Good on you for not saying anything.

My next OB appointment is in 3 weeks and u/s is 4 weeks. Still haven't booked it in yet! This has def been longest wait. Since 12 weeks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope wow your boss' wife is very rude. Does she have children? I would have thought she should know better. Be suspicious but don't ask. But to be honest, I have 3 people asked me if I'm pregnant purely as I haven't been drinking at events. I'm not a big drinker but usually will have one drink or two at function. I didn't deny or admit it. I just made a smart ar&& comment asking if they know something that I don't and how rude of them to be asking a girl that kind of question. Then I just said think what you like as it's not my problem. That shut them down lol. I'm sick of being asked. Oh and fingers crossed that you get a nice surprise at 20'week scan - placenta has moved up.

Girls, It's a long wait from 12 to 20 weeks isn't it. I think it will do my head in. I just can't wait to feel more like myself hopefully at 13 weeks. I feel so guilty that this ms is bringing me down a bit. But throwing up 7-8 times a day now isn't fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I felt guilty too but don't worry I think lots of women feel that way but don't say anything. The hormones mess with your head as well and it's hard feeling so ill when ur normally healthy. So all normal. FX yours ends sooner rather than later or starts to ease up. Have u tried vit b12?

If ur 12 week u/s is normal maybe wait to book your OB appointment until week 14. Then you can sneak in a OB ultrasound in between! Hehe