Closed Thread
Page 32 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @Minib: not in pain anymore. The pain/cramp comes and goes. I gave in and bought a Doppler online yesterday. If I would have thought about this before, I would have gotten a better one on ebay. Since I can't wait for the shipping to come in from china (usually takes a month!), I just grabbed a basic one (without LCD screen) from kogan. It is on sale atm. DH wasn't happy about it because he thought it would create more panic than reassurance. I just did what I feel right for me. Yes, those home dopplers are only effective after 12w. You would be lucky to get anything before 12w. Someone did get a heartbeat at around 9w, though.

Oh ya, we have decided to go priv. As for which hospital, I don't know yet. I have put the thought aside for now and wait until after my 16w OB appt. I might drag DH to visit the two hospitals. I haven't to one of them. I set up a milestone plan so I don't feel too overwhelm with everything at once.
    Please be aware that dopplers are pretty unreliable even when used by GPs right up to 20 weeks. I've had at least four appointments where Drs took ages to find the heartbeat and had a midwife appointment sometime around 24 weeks and they couldn't find the heartbeat because he was in a bad spot so just be aware that dopplers may give you a raised level of anxiety if you are using them early on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: Ya, I just got the fee/schedule sheet from the OB office on my last visit. I just realize that the visit is like every 4w until 20+w. But up until now, I had visit at 4w (first consultation to discuss various situations), 6w+, 7w+, 8w+, 10w+, 13w+. I got a quick scan each time at the OB office. Well, he was planning to skip the 13w scan as I just did the 12w one. However, I had concern about slow growth as shown at the 12w scan (classic example of immune problem). I had spotting earlier on and thus the frequent visit. No complain. In between the week, I was doing intralipid. Yes, very busy first 12w. I am seeing this OB by chance because needing the intralipid without having to travel to sydney for it. My next OB appt is at 16w. Then, probably 21w after the 20w scan. I think your OB will let you have more appt if needed. After all, you are paying it for the service.

I took my last dose of progesterone on Fri. So you know why I was in panic mood over the weekend and thought about the doppler. The bloating is getting better but have had headache every morning since. I am not sure if it is related.

Hahah....i already have the bump since 6w! I was constantly hungry during the first few weeks. Nothing would keep me full! I was gaining weight way too fast. Good BMI but it is now over the normal range. I got the full on side effect of steroid. Thankfully, it slows now and back to normal appetite. I am also weaning steroid.

We only told MIL and one of my distance friends. That's all. DH isn't keen to tell anyone so i didn't. We have a disagreement on this one. I set the goal of 20w but given the current expansion rate of my belly, I would be lucky not getting any question at work by 16w.

The DIG is so quiet. So happy i found this thread. Hope we bring on the baby dust for you @Emerald26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal: yes, well aware of the accuracy of the doppler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    @ScubaGal: yes, well aware of the accuracy of the doppler.
    Cool. I think they're still useful to have, there have been days I wish I had one, but just bear in mind it's a bit scary when even doctors can't pick up the HB!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for thinking of me ladies. My transfer won't be for a few months now. My thyroid blood tests haven't been good so I am having more tests to see what the issue is. I don't like waiting but it is better to wait than have regrets.

Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Emerald26 oh no you haven't had a good run. Is it over or under? I heard with thyroid it's better to get it fixed as it can increase the risk of miscarriage. I hope everything goes smoothly for you in the next few months.
    @bbhope wow you've had lots of appointment. It's good though as it gives you a peace of mind. Omg that happened to me last year 6 weeks and I couldn't zip my pants up haha. This time I'm not struggling yet. Think it's because I'm more conscious of not eating as much carb. I also don't feel as hungry. Guess what, I felt sick today so yeah morning sickness started lol. I reckon you tell people when you're ready. Even if they guess or ask you, just don't answer until you are ready. It's hard but don't be pressured to say stuff. It's not their business. I'm also hoping to not say stuff until 16 weeks after seeing the ob again. When do you get your Doppler? Let me know of what you think of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, i was a bit in a dilemma about when to tell. Just like you said, no pressure, say it only when i am ready. I don't have to do it just because everyone else is announcing it after 12w.

I got the doppler on Sunday. It has been shipped today. It is not the preferred model (basic one) but the preferred model (with LCD screen) will take too long to get here from China. One of the IVF gal used the basic model and she is happy with it. So i'll see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps @bbhope you can always chat here with us if the dig thread is quiet. I haven't joined one yet. I saw there's one for dec but it's not an ivf dig. Don't particularity want to join the normal dig.
    @Gelati did you take anything for your ms? GP told me it's safe to take maxalon. He encouraged me to take it if I throw up 6-7 times a day. He said otherwise I'll be stressed and it will stress the baby out too. I'm in dilemma. So far I haven't had a spew yet just feel nausea. @bbhope did you have bad MS?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib: ya, i didn't want to join the normal DIG either. I have a quick read just don't think i will fit in. I joined two IVF DIGs. July/Aug/Sept and Oct/Nov. The J/A/S one is good for letting me know what's ahead. People still post from time to time and a lot of advices. The Oct/Nov has gone completely quiet.

As for ms, i had it in early days (~4--7w). And then 11w. Luckily, i was fine when i was at a conference oversea. I couldn't imagine throwing up while giving a talk. I don't think mine is as severe as others have described. Only twice that i tried to throw up but nothing. Just feeling nausea all day. My acupuncturist recommended me peppermint tea and it worked. I am still having it from time to time for digestion. I was trying ginger tea but apparently it made it worse due to my "heaty" stomach in TCM. Try naked ginger? You can get them at grocery store. ATM, I just have heartburn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Emerald26 sorry to hear that how frustrating. The good thing is they are on top of things and you won't be wasting precious frosties. Hope they can fix the issue and you can start your cycle soon. Keep us posted xx

@Minib - oh poor thing morning sickness started? I didn't take anything as I only had nausea and never vomited. Had dry retching in the mornings. I took ginger candy but then they Thot of ginger made me feel sick. I stopped taking vitamins with iron as that made me feel worse. If you do start vomiting I have heard there are safe tablets to take and a lot of women take it with no issue. Also I heard b12 helps. Hope it doesn't get too much worse for you. Poor thing I feel for you xx