Closed Thread
Page 30 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my last pregnant over 12 months ago, I started feeling really sick at 6 weeks. I was throwing up 6-7 times a day up to week 10/11. Turned out it was a mmc anyway so I'm not too fixated about feeling sick lol. Sometimes I feel a bit off in the last few days but that could be because I'm imagining things. I remembered naively asking my sonographer at 12 week scan for the gender but she said no its too risk. They get it wrong a lot.

Oh looks like I'm only 2 months behind you guys then. I'm not in the dig yet. First, there is no dig for dec 2015 plus I'm not confident to join in yet

I wonder if I can have a smooth pregnancy without the terrible morning sickness.

Ladies, are your hearts beating fast? maybe i'm nervous cos I feel like my heart rate is quite high.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope are you booked for any hospital yet? Are you trying to use private ob in a public hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not yet book into any. I am with a priv OB but have been thinking to go public. Other than financial reason, I can see myself develop GD and become high risk which is better off with a public hospital anyway. (Deep down I hope I won't get GD but it is in the family). If I go public, I would like to do priv patient in public hospital. So far, it is extremely difficult to locate which OB has the visiting right to the preferred hospital. I only know one well known OB who does priv patient at a good public hospital but he only deals with high risk case. It would be easy if I am in the catchment for the two good public hospitals but I am not. The only way for me I get in is if I am high risk. In a way, I am seriously reconsider to just stay with my OB. The priv hospital is quite far away from where we live, though.

It is a tricky situation. By the time I find out if I have GD, I would have paid OB the management fee and I would be automatically qualify to get in the good public hospital. I don't believe there is a refund for management fee. Do u see the problem?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope that's quite a dilemma. I'm not sure what to do in your shoes. Have you raised your concern with your ob and see what he/she says?

When do you have to book the public or private hospital?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cut off point for priv is 20w. Big bill for management fee is due at 20w appt. I still have a long way to go but time to ask around to get opinions and re-calculate our budget. Geez...i wish I win a lotto. If i want to go elsewhere, i have to ask OB to send the files over to the new OB/public hospital when i see him next at 16w. Honestly, I am still anxious it all...Everyone would be jumping up and down to tell everyone after 12w scan. I, on the other hand, haven't told any of my friends.

ps: My heart isn't beating fast at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh we are very close in Due date bbhope how exciting! Mmm I'm not sure what to advise re: public vs private. We've booked in private but I did hear it's good to go with one that is attached to a public in case there are complications?

@Minib - so sorry to hear of your mmc. How far along were you when it happened (if you don't mind me asking)? This one will be your take home bubba. I'm sure your little angel is looking out for this one x
    I've not felt my heart racing but I do feel hot all the time! Suddenly I don't like warm weather anymore and look forward to winter. Which is very weird for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Gelati I went for my 12 week scan but unfortunately no heartbeat and bub was only measuring 8w5d. That's why it's so weird that I was still throwing up at 11 weeks. OB said bub was behind most likely so prob only stopped growing around 9-10 week mark

Ok I think I'm just nervous hence my heartbeat is fast. Trying to calm down but it's hard hey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @bbhope I hope you know better what's better for you soon. Don't need the stress of choosing hospital when pregnancy can already be quite stressful.
    @Emerald26 how are you going Hun?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib what a horrible experience. Completely understandable why you are nervous. Sometimes you just can't help how you feel no matter how you try. Hope next week comes quickly for you to put your mind at ease. What day is ultrasound?

I hope you don't get the morning sickness this time either. 6-7 times 😳 you poor thing! I knew of symptoms etc but had no idea how horrible it was until I went through it. New found respect for mothers now! I'm sure after labour I'll have even more respect! Guys really do have it easy lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib it is understandable you will be nervous. Even after the 7 week scan you won't relax. Once you get past your dreaded 12 week scan, I hope you can start to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. Thanks for thinking of me. I'm guessing af will be due this weekend and will do a natural FET this month.