Closed Thread
Page 3 of 108 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Minib that is so frustrating to hear. Why are they so bad?? I mean it's just a bt why can't they just do it? We've paid for it anyways! Even just to put our minds at ease. But instead they do it after something has gone wrong. Does this mean they should refund you the previous cycle? In my books I believe yes! If clinics were liable to refund a failed cycle I'm sure they'd be doing everything! Gawd they annoy me! How is your cycle this month going? Are the pessaries helping?

My cycles are normally 32 days but I usually see ewcm a few days before o but this month nothing! My opk's are not doing much either and usually I can see that second line getting gradually darker. My AF this month was also longer than usual and I got some clots and then ended up in emergency with a massive migraine with aura (never had that before). So maybe this month I'm just not quite?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the FS won't do it, I would just book in to the GP and get them to follow up. I had to push for a few things last cycle which in glad I did. Tomorrow I am also going to push for a lining recheck as I think they will trigger me without checking it again and it was only at 6 yesterday.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Excited1 For This Useful Post:

lulastar  (04-04-2015),yjeu  (25-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 - so sorry to hear about your ectopic. Wow 24 days. When do u normally o? My fn said if I don't ovulate by day 24 they recommend cancelling the cycle. My next bt is Friday. See how I go.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 - Argh it's so annoying how we have to push for things. You'd think they were paying us!! Don't they realise the stress we go through just to get those embryos?? And then they make us use them up without considering simple measures that could prevent issues. I'm going to put my foot down this cycle. My fresh cycle I started spotting at 6dp5dt. They did nothing and my FS says there's nothing that can be concluded from that. Seriously what am I paying them for?? They didn't even say, come in for a BT so we can check your hormones levels and maybe from that we can gather some information. Nothing!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No they didn't refund me of course. They said the embryo didn't implant which could possibly be true but I was angry. It is such an expensive lesson to pay. I'm putting my foot down on a few things this cycle. I requested a BT on day two.

My cycle is usually 32-34 days but last month was 42 days. Bah! I guess it can be expected to have a long cycle after stim. I'm only on day three today. Won't have a scan until day 11. Hopefully I'm back to my normal cycle.

Excited is right. Next time I'll just go to go for a BT if they refuse to. But honestly I don't think they will refuse after what happened

Gelati, is this a cycle straight after stim? Or did you have a month off?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Really? I have such irregular cycles that's why I do medicated FETs and they said they could keep stimming til whenever I eventually ovulated. There was never any talk of cancelling. This FET I started on a higher dose of gonal f and they have increased it once. I'm day 17 Tom and pretty sure they will tell me to trigger as my E2 was on the rise (but not quite there yet) and lead follicle was at 17mm. Just my lining was thin so I want to push for them to rescan as well as repeat BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My clinic also talk about cancelling if I ovulate really late. I'm on natural FET. I wonder why gelati and my clinic have different protocol to yours excited?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gelati,

I am with Monash as well. All my fet's have been natural. With my first one I was not given progesterone support. When I got my BFP, my progesterone was low so I was given pessaries. My miscarriage was not to do with progesterone but as it was low, my fs just prescribed it for me for each subsequent transfer and I started the night before transfer.

Just keep pushing them. On their website it says your treatment costs included ultrasounds and blood tests associated with cycle. With natural there is no ultrasound just bt to confirm ovulation then pregnancy bt. I pushed for an ultrasound last cycle. I said it was mentioned on their website it was included. We hand over a lot of money so should get what they say is included.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Emerald26 For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (21-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Minib I'm like you. Not exact, I range between 29-34 days but average 32 days. I was told the month after a stim can cause a funny cycle. My cycle after stim was 36 days so expected it to be a bit longer. But this cycle is my 3rd cycle after stim. Last cycle was normal 32 days but then AF was long and had clots and then the migraine. And now this funny no ovulation business. I've never heard a cycle being funny 3 months after stim cycle? Tho I suppose everyone's different.

Goodluck for this month tho. And at least you now know when to put your foot down

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Excited1 I'm not sure why but maybe it's different when it's stimFET. But given FS from the same clinic also do things diff I'm not surprised. they really just do their own thing! Goodluck this cycle and hope your lining grows nice and thick