Closed Thread
Page 2 of 108 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes @NursingTea, you are right, but if there is no evidence it is needed for @Gelati (due to previous levels being good - as with linig etc) it is just an extra unnecessary medication that - from the clinics perspective, is not going to determine a pregnancy outcome. I was in the exact same boat re: levels and lining, even asked the clinic about prg support and for me, it was not necessary.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Gelati  (19-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NursingTea - was there a reason that your FS has put you on prog support or is it just because it can't hurt?
    I Thot I'd get a positive on my opk today but it's lighter than yesterday. Sigh, who knows what's going on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Even with a natural frozen cycle, there's evidence that luteal support improves pregnancy rates.

"Live birth rate was significantly greater in women receiving vaginal progesterone as luteal phase support after frozen–thawed embryo transfer in natural cycles compared with those who did not take progesterone"
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...15028210008083

I really thought it was just a completely standard part of the protocol.

These guys here: http://informahealthcare.com/doi/abs...73.2014.921337
    have shown that practices vary, but still with the idea that luteal support is beneficial.

If you stop it easly there's more bleeding but no more miscarriages - my clinic uses it until 6 weeks. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...15028212006000

I suspect at my age my FS is just throwing anything he can think of at my reproductive system! Some of the women I know are getting valium and tranexamic acid for transfer - but that's super experimental.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NursingTea For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @NursingTea thanks so much for the info that's really useful. I'm with monash and my FS wa adamant I don't need anything but I'm going to ask him next time. Would you mind letting me know or pm'ing me who ur FS is?

I've actually not ovulated yet and BT shows I'm not that close. I'm hopin I'll ovulate by day 20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm Monash too - Chris Russell - I initially thought he was v conservative as he wouldn't hear a thing about metformin (I got it from my GP anyway - seriously reduces the chance of miscarriage and I've taken it for two previous pregnancies til 14 weeks) but he suggested iui at my age (41) and that's completely against Monash guidelines so maybe they all just do their own thing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    @NursingTea thanks so much for the info that's really useful. I'm with monash and my FS wa adamant I don't need anything but I'm going to ask him next time. Would you mind letting me know or pm'ing me who ur FS is?

I've actually not ovulated yet and BT shows I'm not that close. I'm hopin I'll ovulate by day 20.
    Gelati, my FS was also adamant that I didn't need progesterone support after a FET. But after last cycle where the blood test proved that my progesterone level just dropped significantly, he has agreed to put me on some now. Are you able to ask for a BT to check progesterone level every 2 days post transfer. If it starts to drop, you could ask for a booster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - did you request the bt after transfer and that's how they found out? My cycle this month is all over the. Day 18 and still no ovulation. I'm going to ask for a lining scan and bt after transfer and if they refuse I'm going to cancel the cycle and try again next month. How do I convince them to let me have bt after transfer? It should be all included in the cost but yet they still dont give u the option! *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    It certainly sounds like it @NursingTea. I wish there was some consistency. Especially with things like bt, lining checks and prog support.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelati View Post
    Minib - did you request the bt after transfer and that's how they found out? My cycle this month is all over the. Day 18 and still no ovulation. I'm going to ask for a lining scan and bt after transfer and if they refuse I'm going to cancel the cycle and try again next month. How do I convince them to let me have bt after transfer? It should be all included in the cost but yet they still dont give u the option! *sigh*
    I insisted a blood test before transfer to check progesterone level as my FS only prescribed ode crinone a day. I had a 5dt. My level was high. Over 200s. So FS said all good. I wanted another BT Piet transfer. They said no. You are right even though we paid sometimes it feels like we had to fight with them as well. Unfortunately I started bleeding 4dp5dt so I rang the clinic and has a BT. By then it was too late, my prog dropped to 15. In the space of a week it dropped drastically. After this, my FS agreed to a BT every second day.

Just try to demand for a BT 2 days pre and 2 days post transfer. If it drops, you can get a booster straight away. I hope your FS listens to you.

How long is your cycle normally?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't ovulate until day 24 last FET!! It was a looooong cycle I had a BT 2 days post transfer to check progesterone. I also had pregnyl boosters x4 last time as well as it was my trigger. Mine sat high the whole way through the ectopic damn it!